The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Exam in 7:30 hours.. And i cant sleep at all damn
Original post by Superwoman
I know its quality over quantity and all that, but how many pages do you usually write for paper 1? :biggrin:
I've seen people who write about 15 and people who write 5 so have no idea

The paper that we get in the exam has quite big margins and big lines, my teacher said we should write about 8-10 sides depending on our writing size :smile:
Reply 82
I used to write 3 - 4 double sided pages but thanks to the new teacher this year we haven't written ANY essays :smile: except world lit... so now I can't finish it only comes with practice..
Reply 83
I only write about 3-4 sides, sometimes I run out of time and sometimes I run out of stuff to say- depending on the passage

prose or poem guys?
Reply 84
Cant believe this but i am so scared i wont get a 6 in the paper tmrw.. Both my orals and world lit were like very low 6's.. Like a 6 is 20-24/30 and im like 20.. Ughh paper 1 go away!
Reply 85
Prose!

I don't know how to analyze poetry at all, so I'm sticking with the prose and not looking at poetry :s-smilie:

I'm really worried about English I have chem, history and English A1 at my HLs and I need 766, but I have a feeling I'll be getting 775 (5 in English :s-smilie:)
Reply 86
Btw any IB'ers going to newcastle next year?
Reply 87
Original post by aeyurttaser13
Cant believe this but i am so scared i wont get a 6 in the paper tmrw.. Both my orals and world lit were like very low 6's.. Like a 6 is 20-24/30 and im like 20.. Ughh paper 1 go away!

well I was predicted a 6 by my old teacher and the new teacher basically gave me a 4 for my oral :smile: there is nooo way for me to get a 6 overall anyways.. I can't tell you how much I love my new english teacher :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you guys get an early night?

Procrastinating from sleeping too :mmm:
Reply 89
Original post by -raisa
Prose!

I don't know how to analyze poetry at all, so I'm sticking with the prose and not looking at poetry :s-smilie:

I'm really worried about English I have chem, history and English A1 at my HLs and I need 766, but I have a feeling I'll be getting 775 (5 in English :s-smilie:)

same about prose and same about needing to get a 6 but more likely to get a 5 :/
my oral grades are 23/30 but I have no idea about the world lits
Original post by -raisa
Prose!

Noooo don't be silly, you're going to meet your offer and this time next year we'll be best friends at king's :biggrin: :biggrin:
and I'm the complete opposite! i have no idea what to do with prose lol!! I'm sticking with the poetry <3 the prose is too long!! haha
oh and is your name susan by any chance? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by doctor92
well I was predicted a 6 by my old teacher and the new teacher basically gave me a 4 for my oral :smile: there is nooo way for me to get a 6 overall anyways.. I can't tell you how much I love my new english teacher :rolleyes:

DAmn im sry to hear that.. Mine predicted me a 5 and i just wanna get the 6 to show her i can :tongue: otherwise since its sl my offer doesnt even include that haha
Original post by chickenonsteroids

shhhh you :P
Reply 93
Original post by chickenonsteroids

I think the ib taught us very well how to sleep so little but not let it affect u a lot :tongue:
Reply 94
maths is literally the WORST:confused:
Reply 95
Gd night yall, 7 hours til the exam, gona wake up in a little over 5 :/ gd luck to all of you :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by Superwoman
same about prose and same about needing to get a 6 but more likely to get a 5 :/
my oral grades are 23/30 but I have no idea about the world lits

My oral grades are 24/30 which is a 6

Original post by XxelliexX
Noooo don't be silly, you're going to meet your offer and this time next year we'll be best friends at king's :biggrin: :biggrin:
and I'm the complete opposite! i have no idea what to do with prose lol!! I'm sticking with the poetry <3 the prose is too long!! haha
oh and is your name susan by any chance? :smile:

yes my name is susan! :smile:

I do hope we both meet our offers and then we'll be best friends at King's :biggrin: <3

haha we did 2 English mock exams and our teachers forced us to try one poetry and one prose, and although I had NO IDEA what the poetry was about, I got higher marks on the poetry than on the prose!

but I'm sticking to prose!!

ahhh good luck <3
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, about an hour to go now!!! :biggrin:
Anyone knows about the crazy music exam length? My Music HL Exam is THREE HOURS LONG, with 3 essays and 4 essay plans.

Right after SL Maths P2 too.
Original post by fliegendehollander
Anyone knows about the crazy music exam length? My Music HL Exam is THREE HOURS LONG, with 3 essays and 4 essay plans.

Right after SL Maths P2 too.

yeah, music is hell, plus our teacher was quite crap at preparing us, and there's only one decent past paper online! how did you study??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending