The Student Room Group

What's the lowest mark you've got in an exam/a piece of coursework

Scroll to see replies

I got a D in my Further Physics GCSE exam, no idea what happened :/ I got 63% in my AS Politics module... retaking :|
Got a U in my maths Core 4 module, went in thinking i could just bull**** it....yeah...you cant bull**** maths thats for sure. For my GCSE electronics mock exam i wrote a poem on the back page about how the exam went and how slowly time was passing, rhyming and all. I then decided to whip out my prit stick and glue the pages together so that my teacher wouldnt find out...he found out and made me read it out infront of everyone in my class. Wasnt a bad poem tbf, but it was a bad paper, with me notching up a classic mark of 17%.
Original post by Seatbelt
Im pretty sure i got a grade m, when applying for secondary school..mainly cuz i sucked at english..
(still do)

but does at grade M exist?..

If you're on an exam board which offers passes at 'Pass', 'Merit' or 'Distinction', I expect that 'M' would be Merit.
My lowest was a C in a piece of English coursework. Overall grade was a B though, so it turned out alright in the end
Once a friend and I were kept behind our maths GCSE class to explain why we had done so poorly - 22% and 36% roughly, respectively. She answered with, "Well I got 6/50 on a Latin test last week," and a proud beam across her face. :yep:
D in Food Tech. Ugh. Whole exam was about fish, not fun.
not including my AS Computing, because we never really got taught it we just were given a powerpoint presentation to look at and then sit there for the next hour :lol:

coursework with out computing 43/50 GCSE with computing 25/100
exam without computing 69/100 (C4 and M1) only including A-Levels because I don't know my GCSE's, with computing 52/100 :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Contrad!ction.
D in Food Tech. Ugh. Whole exam was about fish, not fun.

Sounds fishy to me.
Reply 68
30%...today for my mock :nooo:
Reply 69
Original post by Laurah5498
I got 9/300 for AS Maths when I took it in Year 11. I answered every question too!

I can't do Maths :cool:

haha I hated it so much! Was genuinely tempted to walk out of the exam. there was no hope....
Reply 70
43% on an essay last semester. :sigh: The most embarressing part was my friend calling me to tell me the results were up, all pleased because she'd gotten 72 and then me having to say "oh... 43." :colondollar: Bahaha. To be fair, I didn't work as hard on it as I should've so only have myself to blame!
I got a D in my music appraisal. My teacher didn't tell me what an appraisal was, just told me to write. So I wrote about how i loved Beethoven.

Cultureless philistine of an examiner, i had.
Quite a few bad ones... Stats ones normally. My research report last semester was marked as an E, lots of 0s on that mark sheet! Well, actually, it was marked as an F2 (capped grade for a last assignment) but that's because they totally ignored the doctors note that said I'd spent the last two weeks in bed on a major depressive episode and didn't grant my extension properly. If it had been over a passing grade I'd probably have argued a bit more but it was just before Christmas and I just wanted to get out of there tbh.

I got 35% in my stats module overall in first year, I've never been good at it and never will be.
Lowest i have got is a D.
No idea about GCSE.

I never got less than an A during my A-levels.

Lowest I've got so far in my degree is 67% in a piece of coursework. Got 78% overall for the unit though.

Lowest unit percentage so far is 72%.
I got 42% on an essay in my final year. Hated the module and had to revise twice as much to bring my grade up so that it didn't affect my degree.
About 23% for a crime scene map. You can tell I didn't care :p: Got 65% on the module overall though so didn't really do much.

Although now I remember, I legitimately achieved 0% on a probability assignment. I cannot do it for the life of me. Same module as above though.
(edited 11 years ago)

We use the 20-90 grading scale so I got a low 2.2.
I got 35% in a qualitative stats assignment this year :indiff: I'd put if off for weeks and weeks, then tried to do it the night before. Not a good plan.
Original post by rosee92
I got an E in my first Biology AS exam :ashamed2:

Retook it and got a B though :smile:

im retaking my D grade...what did you do to help bump up your marks..any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending