The Student Room Group

Didn’t take A Level exams but completed coursework

Hi there,When I was in school I studied for my A levels, got my AS levels and continued into year 13, I completed all my coursework but I missed the final exams due to my extenuating circumstances which the school did not accept as valid - a whole other story. I still got a results sheet showing D next to my subjects, and just no score for the exam module. Does this mean I have A - Levels or just the AS levels I completed the previous year?Thanks!
Original post by AmyLM94
Hi there,When I was in school I studied for my A levels, got my AS levels and continued into year 13, I completed all my coursework but I missed the final exams due to my extenuating circumstances which the school did not accept as valid - a whole other story. I still got a results sheet showing D next to my subjects, and just no score for the exam module. Does this mean I have A - Levels or just the AS levels I completed the previous year?Thanks!

It sounds to me like you have full A levels, certainly assuming you were expecting to take the exams prior to your extenuating circumstances you would have been entered. Did you get certificates for them?
Reply 2
I’m unsure if I got certificates as this was nearly 8 years ago now! I have a piece of paper with results listed. It lists marks for my coursework modules and for the exam module it just reads 0, then there is an overall grade next to the subject as an entirety.
Reply 3
Original post by AmyLM94
I’m unsure if I got certificates as this was nearly 8 years ago now! I have a piece of paper with results listed. It lists marks for my coursework modules and for the exam module it just reads 0, then there is an overall grade next to the subject as an entirety.

It sounds like they are A levels. what does the text say? if the name as ADV in it then it is an A level. If you can tell me the codes for the overall grades I can confirm (e.g. for Edexcel, if it starts with an 8 it's an AS (e.g. 8PH01) but if it starts with a 9 it's an A level (e.g. 9PH01).

If you haven't got the certificates then it's worth asking your old school if they still have them.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
It sounds like they are A levels. what does the text say? if the name as ADV in it then it is an A level. If you can tell me the codes for the overall grades I can confirm (e.g. for Edexcel, if it starts with an 8 it's an AS (e.g. 8PH01) but if it starts with a 9 it's an A level (e.g. 9PH01).

If you haven't got the certificates then it's worth asking your old school if they still have them.

I also have a question
what should i expect to see on my y13 a levels results sheet, what would format be and would there be a section for AS and A levels or would it just come out to be a whole grade??

Quick Reply

Latest