The Student Room Group

How much would you ideally like to earn?

Personally i would be happy with more than 40K a year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd ideally want to earn a combined income (salary & any bonuses) of $100,000+ possibly more if I'm going to slave 100+ hours a week at work.
Reply 2
I don't particularly care myself, as long as I make a comfortable living and I am happy in my career.
$110,000 would allow me to travel the world and enjoy skiing (which I'm fanatical about but don't have the money to go, ever)

It'd also allow me to easily support a family when my priorities change.

Architects often work ~ 10 or 12 hour days though
Reply 4
Ideally? 1 million would be great :wink:
Reply 5
Enough
Reply 6
Living alone, i would say i would love to earn about 40k but if i lived with a partner or something then i would be really happy with 30. Weather i ever earn either of these is another matter!
Reply 7
£35k would be nice :smile:

Of course I wouldn't turn down more, but £35k would be reasonable, not require me to work ridiculous hours, and would allow me the luxuries I really want ^^.
Reply 8
£35k would be nice but I'd be happy with anything above £30k
40k - 5 years after leaving uni and at least 70k 10-15 years after leaving uni
Ideally? As much as I could get.

What I'd happily live on? 30k would be nice.

I really don't have huge expectations like a lot of people on here who've already planned out that they're going to be investment bankers whilst still studying GCSE's :dry: As long as I have a job that I enjoy and live comfortably then I couldn't care less what I earn.
Reply 11
500k. But more importantly, do something significant, even if it means earning less.
I think i might join the merchant navy the engineers get a salary of ~£34000 after 2/3 years (I'm told) and they only work six months of the year this would be great for me before I settle down as I could travel the world and wouldn't have to own a home (rent while i'm home and put my stuff in storage/ parents garage when I'm away) when I'm settling down though I'd be looking for ~£60k
Enough to buy about 10k worth of guitar stuff and then live comfortably with decent house and car
Reply 14
Id want to earn around 1K for each year old I am, i.e in my 30's - 30k p.a, 40's - 40k p.a, 50's 50k p.a etc
20-25k would do me.
I'd quite like to be earning 30k by the age of 30, but I'd be happy on £25,000.
Reply 17
i want to be as rich as possible tbh.
Enough to have a nice house without a crippling mortgage and then enough for me get a pension that pays out over £30,000 a year. Or i might go into finance and earn a lot more than that and retire at 50.... either way.
£1000000 an hour.

Just kidding, I want to be a curator who have very low salaries :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending