Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which "good" London libraries can non-London students freely use?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Are there any "good" libraries in central London which non-London students can freely enter to sit down and study?

I found a few here: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/corpo...don_libraries/

Are these libraries any good? Barbican, City Business library, Shoe Lane library..

Thanks.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you aware of Sconul Access (to access university, rather than public, libraries)?

http://www.access.sconul.ac.uk/index_html

There's the British library too, of course.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The british library (biggest library in europe as well I believe) is pretty good - at king's cross.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used the UCL library in the Easter for free but during exam season I believe it's their students only, same with KCL...maybe the Senate House library?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Are you aware of Sconul Access (to access university, rather than public, libraries)?

http://www.access.sconul.ac.uk/index_html

There's the British library too, of course.
    (Original post by Waterstorm)
    The british library (biggest library in europe as well I believe) is pretty good - at king's cross.
    Thank you for the information! My uni is a member of sconul. So, are you just able to turn up and go in? I read on the website that you need some sort of "reading pass"..bit confused about that!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacredWolf)
    I used the UCL library in the Easter for free but during exam season I believe it's their students only, same with KCL...maybe the Senate House library?
    Out of interest, do you know which library in UCL that was? Didn't realise they did that.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Thank you for the information! So, are you just able to turn up and go in? I read on the website that you need some sort of "reading pass"..bit confused about that!
    I think that might be for certain rooms as it's sometimes hard to find a place to sit (despite it being so big). But I usually go sit in that restaurant/cafe place and work there, nearly always find a place.

But otherwise, yeah, just turn up and sit anywhere - you sometimes see people sitting all over the floor and stuff as well lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterstorm)
    Out of interest, do you know which library in UCL that was? Didn't realise they did that.
    The Main Library, however I know someone doing medicine elsewhere who went there for the library, and I could be wrong but I think the medical library is separate? So I guess she used that one.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.