The Student Room Group

AS Sociology Unit 1: Families & Households 17th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by titch_04
Yes I agree... it isn't a big enough topic to ask solely itself, it would be in social policy if it came up at all. Some people are saying Marxism and demography seems a really popular question. It really is a guessing game, just make sure you are somewhat prepared for any of them... :/

Demography came up in January as the big question, so I can't imagine they'd do an actual based Demography question, I think you'll be able to use some bits about demography in your answer though, always can!xoxo (Good luck.)
Reply 81
what do you think about social change? no one has even mentioned that and hasn't come up before...
my teacher believes that a question on either: domestic violence, marriage,cohabitation and divorce and Marxism or post modernism will come up, personally i'm hoping for domestic violence joint with postmodernism or reasons for cohabitation/marriage trends...i'll die of something on roles and relationships comes up.

is anyone else finding it hard to get information like writers and studies to go in? or is it just me? :s-smilie:
Reply 83
Original post by JustDisturbia
New right won't come up as a 24marker on its own, itll never be asked explicitly.
Marxism/functionalism seems likely

Its a guessing game really

By the way, my sociology teacher said the exam board like childhood and it's come up so many times in the past, I reckon it could come up as the big marker you know! Anyway, good luck.xox
Reply 84
Original post by laurenjade-
my teacher believes that a question on either: domestic violence, marriage,cohabitation and divorce and Marxism or post modernism will come up, personally i'm hoping for domestic violence joint with postmodernism or reasons for cohabitation/marriage trends...i'll die of something on roles and relationships comes up.

is anyone else finding it hard to get information like writers and studies to go in? or is it just me? :s-smilie:

The one in January was about demography, so I doubt (marriage and cohabitation trends will come up.)
I'm dreading the education exam if anything. Families and households is easy compared to the Education grade boundaries:frown:
Reply 85
Ooo power in the family or looking at couples would be good! They always slip in something about demography so am revising them plus names...

Ahh I am never going to be able to remember all these studies!!
maybe functions of the family could come up!?
Original post by Kellyxo
The one in January was about demography, so I doubt (marriage and cohabitation trends will come up.)
I'm dreading the education exam if anything. Families and households is easy compared to the Education grade boundaries:frown:

i find the education easier, we did a mock the other week and revising for it was easy compared to this. it just depends though on what we get on the days i guess. like for the education i'm really hoping ethnicity comes up
Reply 87
Oh I just had an idea?! It could potentially be the relationship between industrialisation and the family? Desperately trying to think of anything that hasn't come up in a while!
Reply 88
Original post by Hannah.Tweddle
i second that!

i third that!
Reply 89
yeah social change hasn't come up before i have a feeling it might come up along with functionalism, marx or conjugal roles
Reply 90
Original post by hodahere
yeah social change hasn't come up before i have a feeling it might come up along with functionalism, marx or conjugal roles

What do you mean by social change?!
Original post by hodahere

could you give an example of the kind of thing we could be asked for conjugal roles? i'm struggling to think of a practice question to plan
Reply 92
Am i the only person that thinks demography is just...too broad ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by gt360
Am i the only person that thinks demography is just...too broad ?

i think the problem with this unit is every topic is so broad that we're kept guessing at whats going to come up
Reply 94
Does anyone know what 24 mark questions can be asked on family diversity?
What about Feminism? do any of you think that might come up? :/
Reply 96
Original post by Sweety10
Okay so I'm so confused now .. Its so difficult when u havnt actually done this topic for over a year now .. I'm nit sure to what policies and studies to use for childhood and demography!? Any ideas?? :smile:

Ok i know i originally asked this question? But I spoke to my teacher on just a couple hours ago and she said that because people found it difficult in january and not many people did well in the question its quite likely to come up tomorrow...Hope that helps guys
Reply 97
Original post by D_Maslow_Girl
What about Feminism? do any of you think that might come up? :/

That came up last summer. Might come up in relation to gender roles/relationships though
is anything about childhood likely to come up? :s
Reply 99
Original post by TaraBelle
is anything about childhood likely to come up? :s

That always comes up, so just be sure to revise it a little just incase x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending