The Student Room Group

Official A-Level Results Day Discussion 2012! (16/08/2012)

This is a thread for anyone in Y12/Y13 who is studying their AS or A Levels this year to discuss exams (keeping to the discussion board rules, of course) and then the dreaded wait for results day.

I'll try and keep a list here of who's studying what and who's applying for what if possible, so if you want you can post and say your A Levels and the course you're applying for to make discussion a bit easier. Let's see how many threads we can get before mid-August :biggrin:

Last Year's Thread (from results day onwards) - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1741324&page=242&page=242

Name:
AS Levels/A Levels:
UCAS (firm & insurance, required grades, if applicable):

Members

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My schedule until results day:

1. Sit exams
2. Finish exams
3. Procrastinate and share answers about exams
4. Worry about grades

:/
Reply 2
Original post by Axion

1. Sit exams
2. Finish exams
3. Procrastinate and share answers about exams
4. Worry about grades

:/

Mine goes a bit like -

1. Panic.
2. Sit exams.
3. Panic a bit more.
4. Finish exams.
5. Panic.
6. Avoid talking about the actual exams as much as possible and focus on the results.
7. Panic and try to stop thinking about results.
8. Get results.
9. Panic, either "OMG WHAT DO I DO" or "OMG I'M GOING TO UNIVERSITY WHAT DO I DO".

I can't win :unimpressed: :tongue:

EDIT - Congrats, pointless neg repper, your neg has made approximately 0 difference to my rep points total :wink: (not that I'm counting :ninja: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Name: Andrew
A Levels: Maths, Chemistry and Biology
UCAS: Firm, UEA - Accounting and Finance - ABB

1. Panic about 10 exams
2. Procrastinate
3. Fail exams :s-smilie:
Like this thread. :smile:

1. Abandon any trace of social life.
2. Revise.
3. Procrastinate.
4. PANIIIC
5. PANNIICCC
6. PANIIICC
7. Sit exams.
8. Finish exams.
9. Panic about how I did in exams.
10. Results day.
Reply 5
My aim is to forget the date of results day, that way I can enjoy a peaceful week without constantly worrying. Get up one day, check email....ohhhh ucas.....

Then the trauma kicks in :frown: - possibly time for alcohol depending on the results :mad::colondollar:

Mybad forgot the second bit :tongue:
Name: nickss
A levels: Economics, maths, geography
UCAS: Southampton, economics and management- need AAA
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Someone found my blog by searching for "revision motivation" and were met by probably the least motivational revision post ever - http://madderlarr94.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/revision-day-warning-may-contain-sweary-gifs/
Reply 7
Selling first page post

1) Panic
2) Exams
3) Panic
4) Panic x100
5) Results day
Name: Becca:smile:
A Levels Business Studies, English Language, English Literature
Firm: University of Sheffield - English Literature AAB + A Extended Project

-Try not to worry as I only have two exams but panic as they get closer. Then forget that August the 16th actually exists until it comes! Ignorance is bliss :wink:
Oh hi. Good to see this up and running again :wink: The results thread last year was great fun, those of us who posted on a regular basis got to know each other reasonably well and a lot of us have remained in contact.

You've got no chance of beating our 7, nearly 8 threads though!
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh, and to keep with tradition i expect to see :sexface: in every other post

:sexface:
Name: my username(completely went blank trying to think of a username)
Exams: Maths,chem,bio,economics
Firm: Im a medicine reject:colone:so looking to take a gap year

My pattern is
Revise
Procrastinate
Realise that Iv forgtotten most of the stuff
Panic and revise like mad
Do exams
Discuss answers endlessly on TSR
Sleep and procrastinate through summer
Near to exams try and predict my grades(and fail)
Collect results and anticlimactically will then watch the rest of U.S open:colondollar:
Like this thread, good luck to everyone
To be honest, I'm just waiting for these damn exams to begin so I can get them over with.
Original post by madders94
So, there's a thread for the Year 12s but not one yet for the 2nd Year/Year 13s who will be getting our A Level results and, for many of us, finding out if we get into the university of our choice this August. I think the same thread last year was set up around the same time, at the start of the exam period, but if not it gives us chance to talk about the exams (keeping to the exam discussion rules, obviously) as well as the impending results!

I'll try and keep a list here of who's studying what and who's applying for what if possible, so if you want you can post and say your A Levels and the course you're applying for to make discussion a bit easier. Let's see how many threads we can get before mid-August :biggrin:

Name: madders94/Maddy
A Levels: Psychology, Drama & Theatre Studies, English Language & Literature
UCAS: Firm, Bangor University, Creative Studies, 260 points.

FFS I wanted first post, I swear we're a bit early :tongue:

...last year Yr 12s and 13s were both in the same thread, so us year 13s need to work extra hard to beat last year. I don't see the Yr 12 thread though :smile:

Name: Contrad!ction. / Steph
A Levels: Maths, Physics, Further Maths
UCAS: Firm - University of Bath - MMath Mathematics - A*AA
Insurance - University of Exeter - MMath Mathematics - AAB

Original post by sr90
You've got no chance of beating our 7, nearly 8 threads though!

Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
To be honest, I'm just waiting for these damn exams to begin so I can get them over with.

I hate the bit where I feel like I'm in limbo because we're still being taught content for some modules yet others I'm already a good way through the past papers with. :angry:

Original post by im so fresh
I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread so many of us could use it as inspiration for revision.
I for one will be working harder after looking at some of the people's positions in this thread.
It's All or Nothing now.

I thought I'd quote you in (you're Yr 13, right?) so you can join in this year :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Oh dear nothing sends one into panic more than seeing the results day thread...
Last year's thread was unreal, you write a post and by the time it's posted it's about 3 pages after where you were.
Original post by Contrad!ction.

I hate the bit where I feel like I'm in limbo because we're still being taught content for some modules yet others I'm already a good way through the past papers with. :angry:

Actually, my exams begins a few days time and my teachers don't even understand half the syllabus. Bunch of clowns that they are.

When's your first paper ?
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Actually, my exams begins a few days time and my teachers don't even understand half the syllabus. Bunch of clowns that they are.

When's your first paper ?

Agh, it's really annoying when you can tell the teacher doesn't know what he's/she's doing. We've been doing past papers for C4 for around a month, yet we've still got 2 topics for FP2 to learn and the same number for FP3. FP3's exam's the 1st of June, FP2's the 14th of June, C4's the 21st of June. I swear that's the wrong order :tongue:

First one's the 16th of May, last one's the 22nd of June - yours?
Original post by cz100
Oh dear nothing sends one into panic more than seeing the results day thread...
Last year's thread was unreal, you write a post and by the time it's posted it's about 3 pages after where you were.

I know right :sexface:

:ninja:
Oh gosh, seeing this makes me feel really old :sexface:
Reply 18
Original post by sr90
Oh, and to keep with tradition i expect to see :sexface: in every other post

It shall be done.

Name:Mus
A-Levels:Biology, Chemistry and Maths (*)
UCAS: Opted for a gap year-Then apply to Medicine~AAA
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest