The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do you think the wait for results or results day is worse?
Original post by Abbie Keates

Results day..... in March when we got our Jan results back... I threw up twice, because of nerves, on the way to school; wasn't at my finest when I finally got there :tongue:
Reply 1382
I'm so lonelyyyyyy :sad:
Reply 1383
Original post by Miller693
Yeah, I got 90%, with a view for it to probably be moderated down. Eternal pessimism; love it! But that's only worth 20% of this years marks, so it's another nice little buffer I guess. :smile: I'm probably about 4 and a half, 5 hours drive away, it's a massive distance. And I also have relatives up there; just in Sunderland instead, so I'd been to the city before as well. :smile: I'm hopefully gonna be at Grey College.

Im the same with my history coursework I got 76/80 after internal moderation but feel it will go down :L it sounds like you should get an A in physics overall even with the worst outcome of the last modual paper! we aren't told what we get in biology or chemistry prac we just find out on results day :| I always do bad in chem prac :'( my only B last year in a unit :L I could get a * if it wasnt for prac :frown: hmm Im 4.5 hours train ride away, I live in south wales and tbh its like 6-6.5 hour drive, train takes so long due to loads of stops :L all my relatives are up north though darlington and then south scotland so Im closer to all my family bar my parnets and sister shes my twin and firmed Cardiff :')
Original post by madders94
I'm so lonelyyyyyy :sad:

:console:
Why am I even here?! Its torturing me about results when there's still ages to wait! But I just can't help myself, in vain hope that it will bring results day closer and put me out of my misery :frown:
Original post by SecretCircus
I don't understand why it's worth more marks, surely 'proper' psychology is what the exam should test us on! I think they ran out of ideas for RM, January's PSYA4 was related to music too haha. Cool, I hated anomalistic with a passion which made revising for the exam even worse. Thank you, I hope you get your A* :smile:. Do you have to get an A* in psychology or could it be another subject?

Yeah, they basically say it doesn't put you at an advantage so there's not much point in doing it. When I picked my AS subjects I actually wanted to do journalism so I didn't really consider A-level law. From what she's said, Cardiff is pretty good :smile:. Bath's got a brilliant reputation for psychology so I hope you get in! Do you have an insurance choice?

I know, exactly! Research methods is such a pain. I think if each of the topics would have been worth the same as RM i would have done a lot better! That's what I thought- when I saw jan2012 I was so gutted because it would have been perfect- seeing it on music again was a shocker!
What even is anomalistic?! Thank you, I really hope I do too. It can be any subject but Psychology is the only one i can see it happening!
Oh I see, it is so easy to change your mind through A-levels. I wanted to be a music teacher literally my whole life growing up and as soon as I started Psychology I changed my mind! So weird where life takes us! I know, Bath is really high up in the tables- my insurance is Southampton where I live!
Original post by asphodel77
Why am I even here?! Its torturing me about results when there's still ages to wait! But I just can't help myself, in vain hope that it will bring results day closer and put me out of my misery :frown:

We've got a long wait yet :frown: I'm sure you will be ok!
Original post by madders94
Someone found my blog by searching for "revision motivation" and were met by probably the least motivational revision post ever - http://madderlarr94.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/revision-day-warning-may-contain-sweary-gifs/

Oh. My. Goodness. I just read this blog post and it's so funny! Exactly what i do and feel like! Awesome GIFs :tongue:

Fionalala12 - It's the waiting that's bothering me mostly! But we can never really fully know the outcome of exams until results day :unimpressed:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by asphodel77
Oh. My. Goodness. I just read this blog post and it's so funny! Exactly what i do and feel like! Awesome GIFs :tongue:

Fionalala12 - It's the waiting that's bothering me mostly! But we can never really fully know the outcome of exams until results day :unimpressed:

Me too darling. But I'm sure all of us with get through it together. I am going to be so bored, which makes me think about it even more!
Original post by Abbie Keates

Definitely the wait:angry:
Anyone else working out contingency plans for results day yet? I hate doing this :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1392
Original post by student1234567891
Anyone else working out contingency plans for results day yet? I hate doing this :/

Yup lol! What are yours?
Original post by fionalala12
I know, exactly! Research methods is such a pain. I think if each of the topics would have been worth the same as RM i would have done a lot better! That's what I thought- when I saw jan2012 I was so gutted because it would have been perfect- seeing it on music again was a shocker!
What even is anomalistic?! Thank you, I really hope I do too. It can be any subject but Psychology is the only one i can see it happening!
Oh I see, it is so easy to change your mind through A-levels. I wanted to be a music teacher literally my whole life growing up and as soon as I started Psychology I changed my mind! So weird where life takes us! I know, Bath is really high up in the tables- my insurance is Southampton where I live!

Same here, the weighting of the marks just seems weird to me. When I got to RM I was surprised to see something music-related again too, but I am thankful that only one question revolved around statistical tests! I hated doing that, for some reason I couldn't get my head around it. It's to do with the paranormal. I was quite excited to do it at first because that kind of stuff interests me, but it turned out to be really dull and focused mostly on whether parapsychology was a real science or not. Ah right, well you've already got that A* in PSYA3 and I'm guessing you did well at AS too, so you should get it! :smile:

Haha, yeah I went from wanting to go into forensics at GCSE (mostly based on the fact I started watching CSI...I don't think that's a good way to choose a future career :tongue:) to journalism, but law was always in the back of my mind - I did work experience at a solicitor's in Year 10. It was only really this time last year when I decided to apply for law. It is weird, and it's even weirder knowing that a year ago I was beginning to think about university! I can't believe how quickly time is going by.

Nice, I applied to Southampton too :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1394
I just want to know now, so I can enjoy my summer.
Original post by fionalala12
We'll have to go through it together then. I really hope it goes better than you think, but i absolutely know how you feel! What uni?

Haha yeah it's nice to have someone who gets it rather than saying oh 'you'll be fine', I really hope we both do better than we think!! And Leeds uni, you?
Original post by narusku
Yup lol! What are yours?

I've got the admissions tutors numbers so I can ring up and beg, I do like my insurance choice but I don't really want to go there so gap year maybe? Ahh I don't know :frown: you?

Reply 1397
I don't have a contingency plan because I don't know what I'll do if I don't get into my firm :sad:
Reply 1398
Original post by student1234567891
I've got the admissions tutors numbers so I can ring up and beg, I do like my insurance choice but I don't really want to go there so gap year maybe? Ahh I don't know :frown: you?

Probably become a japanese fisherman...it's not the best plan but if I dont get my choice - I will be a dead man.
Original post by narusku
Probably become a japanese fisherman...it's not the best plan but if I dont get my choice - I will be a dead man.

i really want my firm choice too, good luck :frown:

Latest