The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Biology 2012 !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
And just wrorw rythmical.

Surely id get the mark because it asked youvl what type?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 81
I got renal artery for the kidney one. ANd the variables, concentration of water and volume of water. Also 5:3 and 1:180 for ratios. 15 grams for one. 24 for the distance thing. Rhythmical behaviour, carbon dioxide for the release :frown: THe enzyme digest the stain etc. 1.3 hours? and 0.3/50 per hour.
Original post by tasha96

What did you put for the one that asked what type of organism the malaria parasite thing was? I put bacteria but don't know if it's right. :s-smilie:

Malaria parasite is a protozoan (Plasmodium spp. to be precise). So if anyone wrote bacteria, virus or fungi then you'll be marked wrong...
Reply 83
oh yeah and micro-organism for the organism... :frown: it was wrong
Reply 84
Original post by andrew_don
I'm pretty sure it would be a 2. :smile:

Great, thanks:smile: although im quite confident i got at least a 2 for KU.
Reply 85
Original post by badumdumtscht
Malaria parasite is a protozoan (Plasmodium spp. to be precise). So if anyone wrote bacteria, virus or fungi then you'll be marked wrong...

What if I put parasite?
Reply 86
What if sqa decide to up the pass mark??

At the mo what do you need to get a two?

Original post by BigChimp
What if I put parasite?

Oh, I thought the question was "What type of organism is the Malaria parasite?" :redface:... yeah, parasite should be fine.
Reply 88
Oh, I thought the question was "What type of organism is the Malaria parasite?" :redface:... yeah, parasite should be fine.

Bacteria still wrong then lol?

Reply 89
For the malaria parasite question, if you read the opening to the question, it told you it was a micro-organism, so that was what I put as my answer!
Original post by Aay
Bacteria still wrong then lol?

Yeah, sorry. :frown:

It relates back to the biological kingdoms: animal, plant, fungi, monera (bacteria/archaea) and protista. Most pathogenic protozoans are considered parasites.

It's really hard to answer out of context without seeing the full question, so it could be something simple as "micro-organism". Was it the close-readingish question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
It was a cycle, showing the stages of being bitten by a mosquito and the parasite being injected into your body, and then it multiplying etc. :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by lou1987
For the malaria parasite question, if you read the opening to the question, it told you it was a micro-organism, so that was what I put as my answer!

Same! I dunno if it's right though :frown:

I got 31250 for the oak tree units thingy, because it was 30000/96 x 100...?

I know I got that milk thing wrong too. I saw fermentation and wrote Starch, Maltose and Bacteria :mad: I knew it should have been Lactose and Lactic Acid - it just did not register with me at the time.

I think that all in all the Credit was going really well, until the last couple of pages, where I wrote things which they talk about in "Dettol" and "Vanish" adverts :colondollar:

Got a 1 for practical though, so still hoping for an overall 1! :smile:
Reply 93
Yeah, sorry. :frown:

It relates back to the biological kingdoms: animal, plant, fungi, monera (bacteria/archaea) and protista. Most pathogenic protozoans are considered parasites.

It's really hard to answer out of context without seeing the full question, so it could be something simple as "micro-organism". Was it the close-readingish question?

It was, there was a small introductory paragraph then there a big circular flowchart on how malaria spread.

I put micro-organism because that was what it said in the starting paragraph and the question was: "What type of organism was a malaria parasite?"
Reply 94
Original post by -Neuro-
It was, there was a small introductory paragraph then there a big circular flowchart on how malaria spread.

I put micro-organism because that was what it said in the starting paragraph and the question was: "What type of organism was a malaria parasite?"

It asked what type of micro organism is malaria parasite?
cie bio theory.....?

how was it for u guys?.....

i found it hard.....:frown:

what r some questions that ure not sure of?

wat r some of the answers u wrote to the questions?....
Reply 96
Original post by wanna_get_A*
cie bio theory.....?

how was it for u guys?.....

i found it hard.....:frown:

what r some questions that ure not sure of?

wat r some of the answers u wrote to the questions?....

Scottish forum, I'm afraid.

:hello:
Original post by -Neuro-

Me and all my friends put micro-organism. :biggrin:

If anyone remembers the question about the nephron, what did you put happened between A + B? I put absorption?

And the one about how enzymes removed stains? I put enzymes attack the stains which are their substrates and eat away at them so no stain remains. A mark or a load of gibberish? :redface:

Overall it went well! Easiest bio paper I've done by far :tongue:
Reply 98
Original post by itsc0ntagious
Me and all my friends put micro-organism. :biggrin:

If anyone remembers the question about the nephron, what did you put happened between A + B? I put absorption?

And the one about how enzymes removed stains? I put enzymes attack the stains which are their substrates and eat away at them so no stain remains. A mark or a load of gibberish? :redface:

Overall it went well! Easiest bio paper I've done by far :tongue:

I wrote filtration..

The glomerus filters blood and the bownmans capsule collects it ?

Original post by Aay
I wrote filtration..

The glomerus filters blood and the bownmans capsule collects it ?

Dang! That's what I put at first. Oh well :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending