The Student Room Group

The Edexcel C1 (16/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Seeing as there still isn't a thread and the exams on Wednesday, I'd thought I'd make one :smile:
Gonna be bunking lessons till wednesday, resit for me and I need 100!
I've covered pretty much every and gotten 70+ in all papers I've done (losing marks for silly mistakes) :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:s no one taking it?
Original post by 0range
:s no one taking it?

I'm resitting it too (:
How do you plot the curve by completing square? :/
I always make a mistake in this.
Reply 4
Original post by Ataraxian-Walker
I'm resitting it too (:

How are the past papers/ revision going?
I'm resitting it too! and i'm pretty sure i've covered every past paper possible but still getting stuff wrong thanks to silly mistakes -.-
Original post by 0range
How are the past papers/ revision going?

I've done all the past papers but I can't get 100 because of silly mistakes :frown:
Reply 7

Honestly, have no clue xD

I just differentiate instead to find the minimum point and work from there. Probably best as I won't be making stupid mistakes this way.

Original post by shorttstuff
I'm resitting it too! and i'm pretty sure i've covered every past paper possible but still getting stuff wrong thanks to silly mistakes -.-

I'm actually planning on starting some soloman papers after I finish the questions in my book, so that's a thought. I've left the example paper one and Jan 12 to do for tomorrow so I know exactly what I get.
Reply 8
I've done all the past papers but I can't get 100 because of silly mistakes :frown:

Yh I actually made a thread on that xD happened to me, but I think it wont happen in the real thing as you've got all the anxiety making you concentrate more.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be finished in half an hour, so that leaves an hour of going through everything :smile:
Original post by 0range

I'm actually planning on starting some soloman papers after I finish the questions in my book, so that's a thought. I've left the example paper one and Jan 12 to do for tomorrow so I know exactly what I get.

I personally don't like doing solomon papers because if I do them, i might overcomplicate everything when it comes to the exam :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I personally don't like doing solomon papers because if I do them, i might overcomplicate everything when it comes to the exam :s-smilie:

Yh but it does help with the questions towards the end, that way you can't get thrown off.
Reply 11
I've done all the past papers. The highest I got was 70 and the lowest was 64. The questions I get wrong are actually not the hard ones. I make silly mistakes :s-smilie:
Original post by 0range
Yh but it does help with the questions towards the end, that way you can't get thrown off.

thats very true, might try a couple of the qus since i've done every paper possible..
Reply 13
Original post by al_miller
I've done all the past papers. The highest I got was 70 and the lowest was 64. The questions I get wrong are actually not the hard ones. I make silly mistakes :s-smilie:

I almost pulled out my hair today after getting 65 on the June 11 paper. My lowest is 65 but that's actually because I didn't actually understand some of the questions and silly mistakes on top of that :P So your in a better position then me so far.

thats very true, might try a couple of the qus since i've done every paper possible..

Just tried one of the soloman papers they're aren't actually that hard. Did Paper A and got 68/75, lost marks on not being able to count >.<
Original post by 0range

Just tried one of the soloman papers they're aren't actually that hard. Did Paper A and got 68/75, lost marks on not being able to count >.<

Oh no! For me, even if i check it a million times, I will skim over a mistake (as lame as it is :frown:)
Reply 15
Let's just hope that you guys/girls can check over your work properly in the exam!

If you haven't already, practice timing and make sure you have enough time to check over your answers.

Good luck.
Reply 16

If you get something like

y = (x + 3)^2 - 5
then
the minumum value for y is when (x + 3) = 0
hence y = -5 when x = -3
(-3,-5) is the minimum

if (x + 3)^2 - 5 = 0
(x + 3)^2 = 5
x+3 = + or - root(5)
and then
x = -3 + or - root(5)
are the solutions where it crosses the x-axis (it's OK to mark these as surd solutions on the axes of your sketch).

if it's
y = (x + 3)^2 + 8
then you can still find the minimum point (-3,8)
but (x + 3)^2 = -8 and you can't square root a negative there are no real solutions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Oh no! For me, even if i check it a million times, I will skim over a mistake (as lame as it is :frown:)

Totally the same! xD
Original post by gdunne42
If you get something like

y = (x + 3)^2 - 5
then
the minumum value for y is when (x + 3) = 0
hence y = -5 when x = -3
(-3,-5) is the minimum

if (x + 3)^2 - 5 = 0
(x + 3)^2 = 5
x+3 = + or - root(5)
and then
x = -3 + or - root(5)
are the solutions where it crosses the x-axis (it's OK to mark these as surd solutions on the axes of your sketch).

if it's
y = (x + 3)^2 + 8
then you can still find the minimum point (-3,8)
but (x + 3)^2 = -8 and you can't square root a negative there are no real solutions.

Oh thank you so much (: I get it now. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Let's work through some challenging questions together. So when we come to sit the exam, no question has got anything on us... and we'll have more time to check over the paper a zillion times. :o:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending