The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by -Neuro-
Guess we're both on the same boat the :tongue: I hope so.... How could it be A where the answer was 2?

Has anyone got a paper 1 which they could upload?
If nobody has then I shall try to upload mine but it has writing plastered over it....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 821
Original post by JackWiggins
I got the first 3 of them :smile: got 5 for the last one though!

Yes i got the first 3 the same as well, I have forgotten what i put for D
Reply 822
Original post by tomathon1
11.C and 12.C anyone

I got 12C but not 11C
Reply 823
Original post by lapples
See for 23a (section B P1), did anyone get:
a) 3y-x=8
b)y+3x=1
c) (-0.5,2.5)
d) 1 - don't think that bit is right :tongue:

Yeah, i got something like that. Forogt what i for D though
Reply 824
How many people got question 7? I got about halfway, to be honest I'm happy to have gotten 6, most people in my class skipped 6,7 and some 5 :s-smilie:
Reply 825
Reply 826
Original post by MarkR7
i got that but i cant even remember how i got there

I did! i done stepping out really strange tho, just put it as it looked right!!!
Reply 827
Original post by chocochipmuffin
O my...thank goodness i found someone who found it allright. yeahh...me too.... thought it wasn't that bad . :O

Yeah I got some nice answers and felt quite pleased about it :redface:
Reply 828
Original post by aroy45
This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

your telling me the base was 10?? i honestly thought it was a b
Original post by ..lauren
Nor do I! Heres hoping the teacher is wrong... But he is the head of maths and has a PhD so that's reasonably unlikely :P

It's because of the way you can split the log on the top apart. It turns into 2 times the log on the bottom.

I really can't understand what they want you to say for 7a. It requires that you show it to be possible for ALL a > 1, but it clearly is: p and q are undefined, so you can choose any values for them and have it work - but how is this worth 6 marks?
Reply 830
Original post by Jxck
Yeah I'm pretty similar, harder than expected, still confident for an A, and got some nice looking answers for the hard ones :smile:

Yeah and judging by everyone's reaction to it, I'm feeling confident that I should get an A :P
Ugh, I got the radius for the circle q, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the centre. So stupid. How did you guys get that?
Original post by MarkR7
i got that but i cant even remember how i got there

Stepping out rule :smile:
Reply 834
Original post by bethm95
Yeah and judging by everyone's reaction to it, I'm feeling confident that I should get an A :P

Lets just hope so :smile:
Reply 835
Original post by tomathon1
11.C and 12.C anyone

11 was D and 12 was B :smile:
Original post by AspiringVet
Ugh, I got the radius for the circle q, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the centre. So stupid. How did you guys get that?

Use vectors - You can work out the centre of circle in a), find the vector to the midpoint between PQ, and then add that vector to the midpoint.
Reply 837
Original post by AspiringVet

Same I got radius, but could not get the ****ing centre
Reply 838
Hey guys, in question 3 and 6 I didn't notice that x had to be between certain values, how many marks am I likely to lose for ignoring these limits? :s-smilie:
Reply 839
Original post by MarkR7
your telling me the base was 10?? i honestly thought it was a b

The base could be anything. It doesn't matter cause the logs cancel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending