The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by scienceiscool
someone do a mark scheme plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Check the first post.
You know the boundaries are gonna be so high when everyone on this thread is going like Oh YEEEEEEAAHH 100UMS

Anyway looking forward to C3 +4 :biggrin:
messed up the proof geometric sequence im so dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Original post by scienceiscool
someone do a mark scheme plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's an attachment on the opening post

I did both methods for the integration one 'cause I got bored :smile:
I did line-curve method and -trapezium
Reply 244
Original post by Mus1995
I got EVERYTHING right but on the trig question I missed out the values of 90 and 180 (I got 0, 39.2, 141.8 or whatever), what mark will I get? 74/75? I really wanted 100 UMS I can't believe I blew it on such a stupid mistake. I drew the quadrants I should have checked it with the actual sin graph! :frown:

I did the exact same thing. I got everything else in the paper correct except I missed out the 90 degrees. I even put down the 180. I thought that since 90 was on the border and that sin 90 is different to sin 180 and 0, 90 isn't an answer so I crossed it out. What a numpty!!!
Reply 245
One last question, Will I get full marks for working and solutions? =(

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Do you think I'll get penalised for finding the first 4 terms of the binomial expansion instead of only 3?
Reply 247
Realistically, how many marks do you think an A will be?
Reply 248
I was also one of the people who lost a mark thinking they wanted the perimeter of the triangle rather than the sector!!
My one chance of getting 100%...blown...just like that...
...but unlike the others, it's all my fault, every single bit, every single mistake was my fault. I have no one but myself to blame. (sad) :frown::frown:
Reply 249
Hey Arsey (or anyone else)

Due to being nervous in the first question I may have taken the last term to the wrong power giving me a wrong term. As in i've writen everything down with nCo etc.. but just didn't get +720 for the last term, stupid typo.

Is that more than 1 mark off?
I swear the PTQ question was to find the perimeter of the triangle? I remember discussing it with literally 50 other people after the exam and we all got the answer as 18. I think it's very unlikely that all 50 of us read the question wrong and found the perimeter of the sector. Is there more than 1 version of this paper?
Reply 251
The paper leaked an hour and a half before the exam (in which me and two others got a hold of). I guess it was a waste of time to even bother scanning through the paper before sitting it since it was so easy.
Reply 252
Original post by SuziieB
I was also one of the people who lost a mark thinking they wanted the perimeter of the triangle rather than the sector!!
My one chance of getting 100%...blown...just like that...
...but unlike the others, it's all my fault, every single bit, every single mistake was my fault. I have no one but myself to blame. (sad) :frown::frown:

I hear ya man...Such an easy three marks. I misread that too. Do you think we'll get any marks for working out the triangle?
Reply 253
Original post by exclusive110
Do you think I'll get penalised for finding the first 4 terms of the binomial expansion instead of only 3?

Lol I really can't imagine that happening. Check previous mark shemes, I think it may say something like " Ignore further terms calculated" orso.
Reply 254
Original post by The_Pen
I did the exact same thing. I got everything else in the paper correct except I missed out the 90 degrees. I even put down the 180. I thought that since 90 was on the border and that sin 90 is different to sin 180 and 0, 90 isn't an answer so I crossed it out. What a numpty!!!

I missed out the 180 lol How could that be.
In that 1 hour with nothing to do, I even crossed out my answer in 9a, and rewrite a much neater proof, polished it lol (I mean adding the words: multiplying both sides by (r-1), expending, thus yields, balaaaaaa )

But I couldn't spot out I missed the 180 lol
Original post by 9 ✈ 11
The paper leaked an hour and a half before the exam (in which me and two others got a hold of). I guess it was a waste of time to even bother scanning through the paper before sitting it since it was so easy.

Lol, just tell the whole world you cheated, good one!
Reply 256
Original post by legacybomba
I swear the PTQ question was to find the perimeter of the triangle? I remember discussing it with literally 50 other people after the exam and we all got the answer as 18. I think it's very unlikely that all 50 of us read the question wrong and found the perimeter of the sector. Is there more than 1 version of this paper?

The questions asks for the SECTOR. It is not an assumptions we are making.

It is not unusual to form a triangle from the area of a sector. Just because the sector and the triangle had the same points i.e. PTQ it does not mean they wanted the triangle. Dont worry though it was 3 marks. I think they gonna be generous and give people 2 marks.

I actually couldn't really bellieve you'll get 3 marks for P = r(2+theetha) = 5(2+1.855)= 19.275.

My chance of ever scoring 100% in a maths paper ruined cuz I was complacent about learning the only formula in the whole of c2 that you had to prove.:rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 257
Any more thoughts on grade boundaries? Is it likely that an A will be as high as 63/64?
Reply 258
Original post by mzayn
I hear ya man...Such an easy three marks. I misread that too. Do you think we'll get any marks for working out the triangle?

Im afraid not. This question was similarly in the c2 textbook.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 259
Original post by blitzle
Any more thoughts on grade boundaries? Is it likely that an A will be as high as 63/64?

63/64 ain't high enough
Will it be 74 lol

Latest

Trending

Trending