The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh **** misread perimeter of sector as perimeter of triangle... - how many marks would that be lost?

They should really use standard mathematical notation...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 381
Original post by 0range

You'd probably lose 1 or 2 depending on the examiner. 1 for accuracy and 1 for poor method as you confused your x and y values, although, some examiners may count your method as correct and just wrong values.
Reply 382
Original post by Sarah2000
Can someone send me the link to the unofficial mark scheme plz, i cant find it :smile:

It's at the bottom of the first post
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 383
Really happy with how that went. With the trig question with sincostan....I got the first 3 values correct and said x = 0, 180, 90 but then went on to do incorrect working out...is that all the marks gone or would they turn a blind eye and give me 2 or 3?
Reply 384
For 6b) Anyone here forgot to put the 2x values and just straight divided it by 2?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 385
Original post by silentlife
Oh **** misread perimeter of sector as perimeter of triangle... - how many marks would that be lost?

Probably all the marks seeing as it clearly said "sector" unfortunately.

I find it hard to believe that this many people are complaining about this question when it was very clearly worded.

I have to be honest I did read over it twice expecting it to ask us to find the area of the segment but it didn't so I left the sector as it was.
Reply 386
Original post by Squiggle
Really happy with how that went. With the trig question with sincostan....I got the first 3 values correct and said x = 0, 180, 90 but then went on to do incorrect working out...is that all the marks gone or would they turn a blind eye and give me 2 or 3?

You will get 3 marks for your 3 solutions, maybe 4 if you're lucky for your method but I doubt it seeing as it was only a 5 mark question with 5 solutions.
Original post by Joshmeid
You will get 3 marks for your 3 solutions, maybe 4 if you're lucky for your method but I doubt it seeing as it was only a 5 mark question with 5 solutions.

guys for part c) circle my method was correct how many marks would i lose?
and for the factor therom i sub and got 0 but did not say is factor but showed working and mentions equal to 0 and this is what the mark scheme says f ( 1) 0 = with no sign or substitution*
errors and for conclusion.
Reply 388
Original post by Putch1
For 6b) Anyone here forgot to put the 2x values and just straight divided it by 2?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Did you get all the 5 correct solutions? If your method is clearly written down such as:

x=cos1(15)2=39.2°(1dp)x = \frac {\cos^{ -1 }{\left(\frac{1}{5}\right)}}{2} = 39.2°(1dp)

Then you should be awarded the marks.
Original post by Sarah2000
Can someone send me the link to the unofficial mark scheme plz, i cant find it :smile:

the title of this thread says Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST that's where you'll find them
Reply 390
Man im such an IDIOT :frown:

on the diffrentiation question (i think its q8) when we find the minimum x value. I got it all right. up to x^3=120/4 x pi... i wrote that as x^3= 30 x pi instead of 30/pi :/
how many marks do you reckon i'll lose on that? That was the only part where i went wrong on that question.

Also with the trig part for where (1-5cos2x)sin2x=0, i decided to divide by sin2x to get rid of that, then find only my cos values. i didn't think about finding values for sin2x either :frown: do you reckon i'll only drop around 2/3 marks for that?
Reply 391
Original post by otrivine
and for the factor therom i sub and got 0 but did not say is factor but showed working and mentions equal to 0 and this is what the mark scheme says f ( 1) 0 = with no sign or substitution*

For factor therom question, you will lose one mark for not concluding that it is a factor.

Your question about part c) circles does not make sense? =/
Reply 392
Original post by otrivine

3. c) 1 mark lost if your method is clear and correct, given that you made a calculation error.

4. a) It depends on the examiner, you may lose 1 mark at maximum as mark schemes generally do require a conclusion.
Original post by gdunne42
the title of this thread says Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST that's where you'll find them

3. c) 1 mark lost if your method is clear and correct, given that you made a calculation error.

4. a) It depends on the examiner, you may lose 1 mark at maximum as mark schemes generally do require a conclusion.

cause in the mark scheme for june 2011 mark scheme says f ( 1) 0 = with no sign or substitution*
?
Original post by Putch1
For factor therom question, you will lose one mark for not concluding that it is a factor.

Your question about part c) circles does not make sense? =/

even if you say =0?
Reply 396
Original post by m1a1tank
Man im such an IDIOT :frown:

on the diffrentiation question (i think its q8) when we find the minimum x value. I got it all right. up to x^3=120/4 x pi... i wrote that as x^3= 30 x pi instead of 30/pi :/
how many marks do you reckon i'll lose on that? That was the only part where i went wrong on that question.

Also with the trig part for where (1-5cos2x)sin2x=0, i decided to divide by sin2x to get rid of that, then find only my cos values. i didn't think about finding values for sin2x either :frown: do you reckon i'll only drop around 2/3 marks for that?

For the differentiation question you will drop accuracy marks given that you have used the correct method. (You will drop 1/2 marks on part c and 1 mark on part d as the accuracy is affected in both parts).

For the trig, you will lose 3 marks as you are missing 3 solutions (0, 90, 180), although you may get a method mark for working out the cos values so expect around 2/3 marks for that question.
is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere here?
For the differentiation question you will drop accuracy marks given that you have used the correct method. (You will drop 1/2 marks on part c and 1 mark on part d as the accuracy is affected in both parts).

For the trig, you will lose 3 marks as you are missing 3 solutions (0, 90, 180), although you may get a method mark for working out the cos values so expect around 2/3 marks for that question.

for working out the cos=1/5 and getting two solution will that get you 3 marks cause that is the harder part than sin=0?
Re: C2 May 2012 Edexcel - Post Exam Thread - Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST
Hey on the integration part I worked out the area of a triangle and didn't realise it was a trapezium! How many marks out of the 7 would u think I have lost? I got all the 90 and the 4/3 and took them away! I just messed up on the trapezium bit! However I worked out the area of the triangle and took it away from the area under the curve , do u think I will get any ECf marks! So guys what do u think how many marks would I get out of 7? Much appreciated
0 0

Latest

Trending

Trending