The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In Question 3, part (d) when it asked for the perimeter of the sector PTQ, did it mean the triangle PTQ, or the actual 'sector of the circle' i.e. including the arc length PQ????????????????????
Reply 581
Original post by patrickinator
In Question 3, part (d) when it asked for the perimeter of the sector PTQ, did it mean the triangle PTQ, or the actual 'sector of the circle' i.e. including the arc length PQ????????????????????

It wanted the whole sector; 2x radius + length of arc
Reply 582
Original post by patrickinator

It meant sector of a circle including arc length :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
to prove the identity i used tan=sin/cos
did you had to cross multiply ?
Original post by Putch1
It meant sector of a circle including arc length :L

would u get the mark for showing correct method for finding length
Original post by Waqar.
It wanted the whole sector; 2x radius + length of arc

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I could quite possibly have got 100%UMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!
Reply 587
what you think i need for 84 ums???
thanks
Original post by kurdabora
thanks

I would hazard a guess at roughly 67 raw marks.
Original post by DJMayes
I would hazard a guess at roughly 67 raw marks.

Reply 590
thanks

well according to Arsey 65 is 80 Ums so 67 sounds about right. 1 mark=2ums points from 80-100 Ums.
Reply 591
So if this paper was the easiest than any other paper, even more than the June 06 paper, I fear grade boundaries will be extremely high :'(

Original post by Putch1
So if this paper was the easiest than any other paper, even more than the June 06 paper, I fear grade boundaries will be extremely high :'(

If ANYONE did not get 100% in this exam then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drop AS mathematics, as you obviously cannot even do the easiest paper, how will you cope with C3 and C4? Do us Mathematicians a favour and quit. Thank you all :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by otrivine

Yes you had to.. now for the sake of everyone can you stop asking.
Original post by OGLamizzle
If ANYONE did not get 100% in this exam then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drop AS mathematics, as you obviously cannot even do the easiest paper, how will you cope with C3 and C4? Do us Mathematicians a favour and quit. Thank you all :smile:

I have to agree with him. If you seriously are gonna neg him it's probably coz you can't remember the proof of the sum of a geometric series! Just make the examiner's job easy and take something a little less challenging for your ability. Maybe just take up hitch-hiking or be a hobo but stop lowering the grade boundaries for the rest of us.

Seriously this paper was a joke. Funniest thing I've seen in years. I ate that paper for breakfast.
Reply 596
hi do you think 66/67 out of 75 will be enough for 84ums??
thanks

No

Original post by QwertyG
Yes you had to.. now for the sake of everyone can you stop asking.

yes just last question please will you get a mark for the circle question if you find length for part d) ?
pleease can someone explain this whole UMS business to me ?:colondollar:
Original post by SurpriseMe
I have to agree with him. If you seriously are gonna neg him it's probably coz you can't remember the proof of the sum of a geometric series! Just make the examiner's job easy and take something a little less challenging for your ability. Maybe just take up hitch-hiking or be a hobo but stop lowering the grade boundaries for the rest of us.

Seriously this paper was a joke. Funniest thing I've seen in years. I ate that paper for breakfast.

Original post by OGLamizzle

Do us all a favour and shut up

Latest

Trending

Trending