The Student Room Group

AQA C1 16/05/2012 EXAM DISCUSSION Thread.

I have not seen one made for this exam so i thought i should make it.
How are people feeling about this exam?
Have you done all the past papers?
What are you hoping to get?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
C1? just turn up to the exam alive = guaranteed 90%+. If you don't get 90%+, it means you have gold fish in your evolutionary chain. :h:

Good luck all!

EDIT: to neggers:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Hoping to improve my B that i got in Jan
Hope this one is easier than the one in jan
good luck everyone!!!!!!!!
Reply 3
Got 96% in the mock so fingers crossed for similar marks tomorrow eeekkkk good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 4
I got an E in jan on C1, absolutely gutted.
Getting high 90's now though.
Printing off the Jan 12 paper that I did so badly at right now to see how I do.

Feeling fairly good about C2 which I have just before my C1 resit.

The Jan C1 paper was nasty on surds and inequalities so I suspect other subjects will be more difficult tomorrow.
Hey, I'm an A2 student taking Maths and AS Further maths, I thought that I would resit this to get easy-ish marks, to help guarantee my A for University this year :L, well compared to resitting core 2, stats 2 or core 3 :L I got 86/100 the first time round, and am hoping to get over 90%+ this time :s-smilie: Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any hard or synoptic parts that they asked in the Jan 2012 paper, or any random topics that haven't really cropped up but have been hard for you guys? thanks :smile:
Oh and also, if any of you guys want advice for any of the other modules, then I am happy to help! Bear in mind that I've done/doing Core 1, 2, 3 and 4, FP1, Stats 1, Stats 2, Decision 1 and Mechanics 1 :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Zibbsy
I got an E in jan on C1, absolutely gutted.
Getting high 90's now though.
Printing off the Jan 12 paper that I did so badly at right now to see how I do.

Feeling fairly good about C2 which I have just before my C1 resit.

The Jan C1 paper was nasty on surds and inequalities so I suspect other subjects will be more difficult tomorrow.

are you able to send me a link to the Jan 12 paper ?please
Reply 9
Thanks a lot, Have you by any chance got the mark scheme ?
On my way to college. Good luck everyone.
(43,3) for the coordinates of R on the 7 marker? Surprised a core one would have a seven marker, they changed since I was in AS last year!
Reply 12
i got like 15/13 for x and something over 13 for y :\
How di everybody find it, Q9 got me big time, I think the one in jan was much easier, but hopefully get an A
Reply 14
I ended up getting some random co-ordinate like (43, 3) on the seven marker. It seems that other people got this.
Reply 15
Yeah, I got (43, 3) too :smile:
(43,3), same here. I don't think my friend will have it though, he worked out the normal at P where the tangent gradient was 0, hence he got a normal gradient of infinite. :ahee:
Reply 17
I didn't work out the coordinate but I worked out the equation for normal and stated that tangent gradient is 0 and did loads of other stuff, do you think I would get about 3-4 marks out of 7? And did you have to integrate the dy/dx of the curve? Last question threw me completely :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Glad to see a lot of people are getting (43,3) for R. :biggrin: What did everyone get for the area of the region below AB? I think I got 32/3. :s-smilie:
hmm, i got (4.3,3) :|

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending