The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophF_rth
Thanks! :P Haha, must just be my school then! Oooh! That is a sign then, hope she is better now though! :P
English - were you with AQA? Not too many exams left then :biggrin: X

:yep:
I have no idea how they managed to find out.
I remember that every time she used to teach us, my classmates would just stare at her stomach!:confused: Really weird I know, especially when you go to a girls school!
As blunt as it may sound, I never used to really care whether she was pregnant or not-- I just need to listen in order to pass the exam (which was absolutely despicable).
I did AQA yep! Did you?
The craziness of Maths truly begins!!!:biggrin: I love it so, so much!:colondollar:
Original post by LusterMX
Is anyone doing edexcel maths on the 11th and 13th?
Excited??
I am!!! A huge amount!! After the maths exam (my last exam), I'm going to have a look at the A level specification so I can get a head start :smile:

Im doing edexcel maths on 11th and 19th!
It's Units 1 and 3, because I am doing modular--you?:smile:
I am also doing it for A-Level, so BRING IT ON!!:biggrin:
Oh cool! You're lucky! Mine has a black and white only policy! :P

My sixth form doesn't have uniform either :smug:
Excited??
I am!!! A huge amount!! After the maths exam (my last exam), I'm going to have a look at the A level specification so I can get a head start :smile:

I am :smile:

I've done AS maths though so I'm gonna look at A2 maths and A-Level Further maths after the exam :smile:
Reply 3984
Original post by Adriennet
thank you! i made a whole group of ppl pray before the rs and it did not work lol. ahh well i wish us both the best of luck! and if we can't do well, let's hope others do bad too so we can have low grade boundaries :wink:

Yes! Great plan! :biggrin:
Original post by justanotherindigo

this is completely random but you did the business paper yesterday right? embarrassing if i got it wrong! how did you find it? :smile:
Reply 3986
yeah, I do :biggrin: I'm very :cool: ! Awesome!! Where do you think you'll apply? :biggrin:

Hmmmmm i guess with me i am little miss unpredictable so we shall have to see
what results i get first :s-smilie: do you do DOFE?
Original post by usycool1
I am :smile:

I've done AS maths though so I'm gonna look at A2 maths and A-Level Further maths after the exam :smile:

is AS maths really hard as they say it is? and have you looked at AS further or not yet? this is all in your opinion obviously! :smile:
Reply 3988

Ah, I'm doing the linear course. I think I would have done the modular course as well, but only the top set gets to do that. I, on the other hand was really good at maths, but still never moved up :colondollar: (I'm in second top set)
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
is AS maths really hard as they say it is? and have you looked at AS further or not yet? this is all in your opinion obviously! :smile:

When you start off, AS maths papers actually seem to be much harder than GCSE maths papers. I struggled a lot at first with the AS past papers at first but then after a while, they became really easy :smile: So AS maths is in some ways as hard as they make it out to be but if you practise, practise and practise, it should be OK :smile: This was true for me anyway :tongue:

And no, I haven't looked at the AS F.Maths syllabus yet :frown:
Reply 3990
When you start off, AS maths papers actually seem to be much harder than GCSE maths papers. I struggled a lot at first with the AS past papers at first but then after a while, they became really easy :smile: So AS maths is in some ways as hard as they make it out to be but if you practise, practise and practise, it should be OK :smile: This was true for me anyway :tongue:

Interesting. I plan to self-teach myself some of the course during the holidays by looking at examples/solution bank etc... Did you do that or did you have a good teacher? For my maths GCSE, my teacher concentrated on teaching the easier stuff for the less-able so he didn't have time to teach the A* topics so I had to teach myself everything :smile:
Oh, I'm also going to do Further Maths as well... Ooh, the trauma.. Hope I'm okay.

i was just wondering because for me right now in the midst of 12 more GCSE exams, naturally GCSE is on my radar but during summer i thought it might be interesting to get an insight into maths and maybe some further seeing as i'm taking it up next year so was wondering how it was! how long did it take you to cover AS maths? :smile:
Excited??

Mines on the 19th as I do modular, last of my 3 maths exams! I'm going to do the same, prepare myself for as maths!:smile:

Original post by mandi21

ICT? Thanks & good luck to you too! :smile:

Yep ict, and I'm not sitting this exam lol
Original post by Melissajanex

Yep ict, and I'm not sitting this exam lol

are you sitting the edexcel ict exam?
Reply 3994
Original post by mandi21
Yeah that's the word! Aha thanks! Check your revision book or online to make sure!
Investigation, feasibility study, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation & evaluation is what my book states and what I have learnt. :smile:

My book say:
Feasibility study, analysis, design , implementation, testing, evaluation, maintanance ...

(in that order)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3995
Excited??

I am, hopefully shouldn't be too hard. The past papers have all been pretty good.
I'll probably do the same, but I did Additional Maths this year so I've already learnt some of the A Level course :smile:
:yep:
I have no idea how they managed to find out.
I remember that every time she used to teach us, my classmates would just stare at her stomach!:confused: Really weird I know, especially when you go to a girls school!
As blunt as it may sound, I never used to really care whether she was pregnant or not-- I just need to listen in order to pass the exam (which was absolutely despicable).
I did AQA yep! Did you?
The craziness of Maths truly begins!!!:biggrin: I love it so, so much!:colondollar:

Haha! that must have somehow got it out of her!! :biggrin: Ohhhh, it's a girls school! It's the boys who say the teachers are fat so that might be why! :biggrin: No, I totally see your point because you want what's best for you! :wink:
Yeah, I was with AQA too :/ Not too sure how it went!!
Haha! Yessss maths! I like it ;D
Original post by mandi21
Yeah that's the word! Aha thanks! Check your revision book or online to make sure!
Investigation, feasibility study, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation & evaluation is what my book states and what I have learnt. :smile:
Aww, try not to be nervous, I'm sure you'll do fine! :smile:

Yeah I just did coursework and now I'm doing the exam. Was your coursework concerning Mr.Kamani and a year book and then you had to do like prom or a school trip database thing? D:

ICT? Thanks & good luck to you too! :smile:

yes I did! The school trip one our teacher made us do and the yearbook one and database one I did too. omg we went soo over the 25 hours i typed hundreds of pages so i was so relieved when it was done! what did u get?

i seriously do not no why i am taking ict next yr at Alevel either. this exam will b the death of me and then i will be ressurrected only to be killed by maths in a couple of weeks.
Interesting. I plan to self-teach myself some of the course during the holidays by looking at examples/solution bank etc... Did you do that or did you have a good teacher? For my maths GCSE, my teacher concentrated on teaching the easier stuff for the less-able so he didn't have time to teach the A* topics so I had to teach myself everything :smile:
Oh, I'm also going to do Further Maths as well... Ooh, the trauma.. Hope I'm okay.

I mainly self-taught myself with some help from my teacher :smile: My teacher was great in helping me, though :smile: Well, you seem like you work hard in maths, so I think you'll definitely be OK with further maths :wink:

Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i was just wondering because for me right now in the midst of 12 more GCSE exams, naturally GCSE is on my radar but during summer i thought it might be interesting to get an insight into maths and maybe some further seeing as i'm taking it up next year so was wondering how it was! how long did it take you to cover AS maths? :smile:

I covered AS maths through the summer holidays last year (except I covered C1 during the Christmas and Easter Holidays of year 10). I didn't do too well in the past papers at first, though :frown: I was scoring like 38/75 (about a C/D grade) on my first few attempts. But then after a few months of practising, I managed to get marks in the 70s :smile:

If you want info on further maths, there are loads of people here you can ask :smile: Like I know GreenLantern and ElMoro know a lot about Further Maths and I think CharlieBoardman also knows about it :smile:
My sixth form doesn't have uniform either :smug:

*cry* I think mine is the only one it town! :P Not fair! :redface:

Latest