The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexx53
How come you've got 4 maths exams? We only have to do 2.

i get 2 GCSEs in maths so each GCSE equates for 2 exams
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i get 2 GCSEs in maths so each GCSE equates for 2 exams

You're probably on the same thing as me.. Applications and methods, right? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Hummi_C
You're probably on the same thing as me.. Applications and methods, right? :smile:

edexcel? :smile:
edexcel? :smile:

Nope, OCR :tongue: different boards, same thing though

Original post by Dalek1099
I only did one English Language exam and I am also pleased that I have absolutely no English at all for the rest of my life.

Oh yeah you already did english language exams then!
Guess who's back (...again :colone:)!!!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hummi_C
Nope, OCR :tongue: different boards, same thing though

hahaha yeah, different boards same format! when's your exams? what are the additional stuff you learn as part of methods and applications?
Original post by GreenLantern1

in behalf of everyone i'd like to say you were missed!
Just bought my prom dress, not sure if I made the right choice!:smile:
Reply 4329

Why did you get banned? :tongue:
Original post by Melissajanex
Just bought my prom dress, not sure if I made the right choice!:smile:

why's that?

Welcome back again :tongue:
hahaha yeah, different boards same format! when's your exams? what are the additional stuff you learn as part of methods and applications?

I've got applications on the 13th and methods on the 21st. When're yours? Well the only difference i found is that in methods there's loads more formulas to remember how to use, and in applications half of the marks are for decoding the questions :tongue:
Reply 4333
Is anyone as into their uni prep as I am? I feel like I'm far too excited, prospectuses and all! I pretty much know which universities I want to go to, anyone else the same?
Original post by Hummi_C
I've got applications on the 13th and methods on the 21st. When're yours? Well the only difference i found is that in methods there's loads more formulas to remember how to use, and in applications half of the marks are for decoding the questions :tongue:

i've got applications on the 11 and 13th and methods 19th and 21st! do you learn stuff like intersect theorem? set notation? etc.
in behalf of everyone i'd like to say you were missed!

Ah thanks; brings a tear to my eye lol! Btw I can't quite remember but are you doing the Edexcel GCSE Maths new spec this summer? Or it might be someone else

Original post by Alexx53
Why did you get banned? :tongue:

Original post by usycool1
Welcome back again :tongue:

Lol I know. Btw I know you are doing AS this year. But are you also doing the GCSE as well?
i've got applications on the 11 and 13th and methods 19th and 21st! do you learn stuff like intersect theorem? set notation? etc.

Oh have you got units 1 and 2 in june? we did the first tests ages ago! yeah, although we didn't do too much on either of those :tongue: i seem to spend most of my time on trigonometry!
Original post by Abbseh
Is anyone as into their uni prep as I am? I feel like I'm far too excited, prospectuses and all! I pretty much know which universities I want to go to, anyone else the same?

Not reli. Well I know what I want to do, where I want to go, and what the course consists of. Mainly needed to find out what A-Levels I needed for it!
Ah thanks; brings a tear to my eye lol! Btw I can't quite remember but are you doing the Edexcel GCSE Maths new spec this summer? Or it might be someone else

i know what you're talking about, is it where you get certain questions which are QWC? i'm doing a different thing with edexcel but i'm basically studying all the topics you are!
Original post by Hummi_C
Oh have you got units 1 and 2 in june? we did the first tests ages ago! yeah, although we didn't do too much on either of those :tongue: i seem to spend most of my time on trigonometry!

our school leaves all the gcse exams till year 11 may/june! are you nervous?

Latest