The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1

Lol I know. Btw I know you are doing AS this year. But are you also doing the GCSE as well?

Err...are you asking me? And is this maths? If so, yes, I am doing GCSE maths as well as AS :smile:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
why's that?

They didn't have the one I wanted in the shop so I had to chose another :frown:
Original post by Melissajanex

They didn't have the one I wanted in the shop so I had to chose another :frown:

do you have a picture of it online? :smile:
i know what you're talking about, is it where you get certain questions which are QWC? i'm doing a different thing with edexcel but i'm basically studying all the topics you are!

Naa I am pretty sure the QWC bit is a rumour. I mean QWC in maths. That can just never happen. Plus we did the mock papers, specifically set by the exam board and there were no QWC questons so there isn't. But yes I am doing the new spec.

Mine is linear so are you doing the modular exams - like 4 exams or something?
our school leaves all the gcse exams till year 11 may/june! are you nervous?

Ah that sucks, i find there's so much less pressure when it's spread out over the year. Yes, very! are you?
Original post by usycool1
Err...are you asking me? And is this maths? If so, yes, I am doing GCSE maths as well as AS :smile:

Yes I'm talking to you lol. And are you doing Edexcel Linear Spec A then?
Yes I'm talking to you lol. And are you doing Edexcel Linear Spec A then?

Lol sorry, I was a bit unsure :colondollar: Yup, I'm doing Edexcel Linear Spec A :smile:
Naa I am pretty sure the QWC bit is a rumour. I mean QWC in maths. That can just never happen. Plus we did the mock papers, specifically set by the exam board and there were no QWC questons so there isn't. But yes I am doing the new spec.

Mine is linear so are you doing the modular exams - like 4 exams or something?

as part of my thing with edexcel we have some questions which are QWC assessed and someone doing what she said you are said they have some QWC too.

no, i'm doing linear! basically there's a new pilot scheme where edexcel gives a gcse in methods and a gcse in application. i learn the same content as you but just a couple of extra topics really!

i'm definitely not doing modular considering my school leaves all their exams till year 11 may/june season!
Original post by Hummi_C
Ah that sucks, i find there's so much less pressure when it's spread out over the year. Yes, very! are you?

i'm sure that's true because you're not swamped with so many exams in one go! yeah, i'm pretty nervous.
i'm sure that's true because you're not swamped with so many exams in one go! yeah, i'm pretty nervous.

Yeah, and we get the chance to resit as well. don't worry, i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by Hummi_C
Yeah, and we get the chance to resit as well. don't worry, i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

exactly. i'm sure you will too :smile: what are you taking next year?
exactly. i'm sure you will too :smile: what are you taking next year?

I'm taking biology, chemistry, physics and music :smile: you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hummi_C
I'm taking biology, chemistry, physics and music :smile: you?

that sounds nice :smile: maths, further maths, chemistry and physics!
Original post by usycool1
Lol sorry, I was a bit unsure :colondollar: Yup, I'm doing Edexcel Linear Spec A :smile:

Yeah Same! I was doing a past paper and was able to use logs for one of the questions. The examiner report even mentioned that surprisingly a few used logs for that question which was cool to see. Hope I can do that in the real thing lool!

Awesome.. you're clearly good at maths then :wink: i was going to take it, but changed to music at the last minute! Do you have any idea what you want to do after A-levels?

Lol sorry to butt in on your convo but I am doing those exact same A-Levels. Though I am also doing German and Additional Further Maths. And am doing ICT AS this year.

You very maths orientated then? Maths degree perhaps? Oh and are you doing Additional Further Maths?
Original post by Hummi_C
Awesome.. you're clearly good at maths then :wink: i was going to take it, but changed to music at the last minute! Do you have any idea what you want to do after A-levels?

hahaha you'd think :wink: i do like the subject! it's always been a favourite of mine as a kid and even when i've had my downs with it (mostly because of teachers) i've come back to loving it so i was like okay i'm going to take further maths! :smile: i guess music is a nice contrast to your other three, it's nice to have a subject like that :smile: not particularly, i change a lot, i think i'll decided more properly when i see what subjects i like after they get more challenging in AS and we study them more in depth to see what really interests me. what about you? sounds like medicine is a good option hahaha
as part of my thing with edexcel we have some questions which are QWC assessed and someone doing what she said you are said they have some QWC too.

no, i'm doing linear! basically there's a new pilot scheme where edexcel gives a gcse in methods and a gcse in application. i learn the same content as you but just a couple of extra topics really!

i'm definitely not doing modular considering my school leaves all their exams till year 11 may/june season!

Ye so you are doin different exams. And yeah I think that person would have heard rumour. My school checked with the exam board as I also heard the rumour and they said they are introduicing more wordy questions - so actual problems rather than just 'calculate blah blah blah' but it will still be maths lool! So no QWC
Yeah Same! I was doing a past paper and was able to use logs for one of the questions. The examiner report even mentioned that surprisingly a few used logs for that question which was cool to see. Hope I can do that in the real thing lool!

Lol I think I did the same paper as you then 'cause I used logs too on a question. Was it a compound interest question? :smile:
What's everyones final exam? :biggrin:

Latest