The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4480
Original post by Melissajanex
I've only got 4 more exams to go! 2 history, geography and maths! Thankfully all the horrible ones were out of the way last week. Although i did have 5 exams in one week:frown:

Do you do modern world history??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Adriennet
same! so do you have yours ? sorry I forget who posts what :')

Yeah I have mine :biggrin:
our school has a site for people to upload dresses they have got and I think it's a really good idea as not to get the same dress. And I will try find a link for mine in a minute :smile: My hairs quite short so I don't know yet. With a group of friends I was going to get ready and have someone do my hair and makeup but I kind of got kicked out that group lol so now I'm gettin ready with others and I think they want to find someone to do our hair and makeup too. But I won't spend a lot on it. Though I'm more lenient because I got my dress and shoes in the sale wooo :smile:

here it is: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=45309813

yeah, we have a facebook group for that so everyone's aware of what dress each other have and in case there's a dress clash! so as soon as you get a dress you upload it (or get a friend to upload it for you) which is great! :smile: my mum's friend is good at all that kind of stuff so she was saying if i want i can get her to do it, so i may nearer the time end up taking her up on that offer! what colour are your shoes? your dress is gorgeous by the way, i love it! :biggrin:
Original post by Hummi_C
That's cool, it's a good subject but it's gotten a little boring :tongue: i'm on WJEC for some reason, i don't know why seeing as i don't live in wales...... My brother does it and he seems to like it :smile:

is it a good board? my friends hate latin literature because there's so much to learn on OCR they have 4 exams! it is cool yeah :smile: my best friend loves it and she's really good at it too!
Original post by Melissajanex
Yeah I have mine :biggrin:

aww what does yours look like?
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
is it a good board? my friends hate latin literature because there's so much to learn on OCR they have 4 exams! it is cool yeah :smile: my best friend loves it and she's really good at it too!

It's alright, but for this module it's more about learning the translations in english than actually knowing latin! We have four as well, we did two at the end of year 9 and two coming up :tongue: Haha why didn't you choose it as well, if all your friends are doing it?
Reply 4486
Evening all, how are we tonight?
you'll fly through the maths aspect of next year easily!

Yeah I should aha. Probably will learn AS Further Maths over Summer as well.
Original post by c3ntury
Evening all, how are we tonight?

Watching Benidorm lol
yeah, we have a facebook group for that so everyone's aware of what dress each other have and in case there's a dress clash! so as soon as you get a dress you upload it (or get a friend to upload it for you) which is great! :smile: my mum's friend is good at all that kind of stuff so she was saying if i want i can get her to do it, so i may nearer the time end up taking her up on that offer! what colour are your shoes? your dress is gorgeous by the way, i love it! :biggrin:

thank you! i also loved the price - £27.50 :biggrin: ive got 2 pairs to choose from but i think im goin to go with these silver strappy shoes which are proper prommy and dainty and match my clutch! i'm quite tall nearly 5'8 compared with a lot of my friends. my best friend just reaches 5ft n the other black pair were five and a half inches but the silver are only 4 so they seem better overall! how about you?
Original post by Hummi_C
It's alright, but for this module it's more about learning the translations in english than actually knowing latin! We have four as well, we did two at the end of year 9 and two coming up :tongue: Haha why didn't you choose it as well, if all your friends are doing it?

so more a memorisation test? in my school you get 2 extra options (you get a choice in the others but extras are completely up to you) and to take triple science counts as an extra and then i really wanted to study business studies because i was into finance and the course seemed to appeal to me more at the time! i don't regret it! i would've chosen latin if i had more room you see :smile: most of my friends chose latin instead of business or triple!
thank you! i also loved the price - £27.50 :biggrin: ive got 2 pairs to choose from but i think im goin to go with these silver strappy shoes which are proper prommy and dainty and match my clutch! i'm quite tall nearly 5'8 compared with a lot of my friends. my best friend just reaches 5ft n the other black pair were five and a half inches but the silver are only 4 so they seem better overall! how about you?

that's a brilliant price! they seem nice! :smile: you are quite tall actually! i'm 5'6! out of the couple i have considered black will go the best :smile:
so more a memorisation test? in my school you get 2 extra options (you get a choice in the others but extras are completely up to you) and to take triple science counts as an extra and then i really wanted to study business studies because i was into finance and the course seemed to appeal to me more at the time! i don't regret it! i would've chosen latin if i had more room you see :smile: most of my friends chose latin instead of business or triple!

Yeah pretty much, like story telling :biggrin: Ah fair enough, i got taught Latin outside of the timetable, becuase it wasn't popular enough to be put in, so i could take music, triple science and Latin! So do you have to take a foreign language at your school? (annoyingly we do :P)
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yeah I should aha. Probably will learn AS Further Maths over Summer as well.

how long did it take you to learn a paper on average?
that's a brilliant price! they seem nice! :smile: you are quite tall actually! i'm 5'6! out of the couple i have considered black will go the best :smile:

ahh! have you got your clutch too? when is your actual prom? And yeah my little sister has caught up with me though! :redface: I quite like my height, maybe another couple of inches and that would be ideal :wink: If not I've got my heels :tongue:
What's everyone up to?
What's everyone up to?

You're back! Again :colone:

How did you find WJEC English Lit? Which books did you do?

Also, just thought that I would let you know what the WJEC English Langauge Reading was hard... :/. Certainly the hardest paper they produced. They based it all on foxes, split up a question into two without allocating marks (just saying 10 overall). But most annoyingly, they included two analysis of persuasive techniques questions, the hardest question type according to my English teacher.

Writing was okay though! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by matty123
You're back! Again :colone:

How did you find WJEC English Lit? Which books did you do?

Also, just thought that I would let you know what the WJEC English Langauge Reading was hard... :/. Certainly the hardest paper they produced. They based it all on foxes, split up a question into two without allocating marks (just saying 10 overall). But most annoyingly, they included two analysis of persuasive techniques questions, the hardest question type according to my English teacher.

Writing was okay though! :smile:

Really? My friends who retook it said it was a lot better than last year. The two 5 marks make it easier as you have to write the same amout or more topics so easier to write about. They all thoguht it was great but perhaps not for everyone; though they revised a lot that time hehe. I had the revision book for WJEC last year, you are maeant to assume it is 5 marks each.

English Lit I did OMAM, A Christmas Carol, A View From The Bridge. I think I got AA or maybe A*A. So hopefully I can get an A overall!!

Geography is long!!!!! OMG I really wish we did 1 exam last year.
Really? My friends who retook it said it was a lot better than last year. The two 5 marks make it easier as you have to write the same amout or more topics so easier to write about. They all thoguht it was great but perhaps not for everyone; though they revised a lot that time hehe. I had the revision book for WJEC last year, you are maeant to assume it is 5 marks each.

English Lit I did OMAM, A Christmas Carol, A View From The Bridge. I think I got AA or maybe A*A. So hopefully I can get an A overall!!

Never know, I might have done better than I thought (hope so lol).

Geography is long. I don't know why your school do them both at the end of year 11 :confused:.

It will be same for the year 9s for every subject lol.
Reply 4499

OOOOOH how did you find the A Christmas Carol/AVFTB questions? Which did you do?
I did exactly the same three books as you, resat OMAM after getting a C and got 68/70, Jan was so much better than last years!

Latest