The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NomNomNom :)
Thanks! you too =]

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Dandaman9999
Oh the sunspot one sounds interesting! I think one person in our class did that one, whereas the rest of us just went for the easier options :tongue: have you had a mock yet? Or do e a past paper? The two hours seems pretty bad but most of us finished between 1 hour and 1:30 hours so it wasn't that bad! Multiple choice questions were my saviours in the mock :colone:

Our sunspot one was all a bit rushed and we didn't actually have the equipment to do it at school so we had to go to another one to get the equipment which wasn't great :s-smilie: And yeah we have :smile: I managed to scrape an A/B with little/no revision which I was pretty happy with :smile: And mine too! It was the saviour of my French reading exam this week too! I meant I could just guess most of it :tongue:
Original post by OllieWolly
Quite similar to mine then! :smile: Yeah in my school we have to :s-smilie: Apparently it's normally oversubscribed so on our sixth form induction day we get given a test to do (and apparently a lot of it involves algebra which I'm not amazing at!)

Yeah :smile: oh really! Well I'm sure it will go fine :smile: i think for the things we want to do at a level we need to get at least an A grade, so that's kind of our test hahaha

Reply 783
Original post by alexandraa
We've been told roughly around 2 pages per question is enough to get into band 6, so not too bad :smile:

By 2 pages do you mean 2 sides of paper (so 1 sheet) or 2 sheets of paper? Lol sorry I always get confused with this haha

I'm leaving Chemistry till Wednesday! I've got Biology monday and English lit on Tuesday and Thursday (As well as chemistry on thursday).. I thinking i might have to try and get by on no revision for english :tongue: I take it you do have study leave then? And 20th of June - Physics unit 1 :smile: I'm counting down the days! Google is more than a life saver, I'd never have done well in ANYTHING without it! I'm not sure really, I don't like analysing extracts really.. But I love creative writing (but I don't know how much creative writing there actually is).. I'll probably just end up sticking with music although I'd love to take English as an extra curricular thing (don't know if it'd be possible though) :smile:

looks like we're on a similar boat then! gosh, you have three exams thursday? that isn't nice! on the 30th i've got three, an hour and a half of business and two physics oh the joy... i'm jealous! a week later for me, thanks to german! and then the next day is my school's 6th form induction day, so it's like gee thanks, can i not get a nice night's sleep with exams over? clearly not :frown: music's a very unique option, i really like it! and seeing as they're both extras, meaning not really fully relevant to your course it doesn't matter that much. i mean i guess music would be nice if you're passionate about the subject and it's a great contrast to the rest of it, a completely different environment! :smile:
Original post by kashagupta
Yeah, I've actually been deliberating over it loads atm... :frown: A-level choices are so hard!! I'm so indecisive! :frown:

Yeah, same here :frown: are these your final choices then? Because our school allow us to change one subject in the first two weeks of the course if we don't like it (which allows me to check for whether I get good teachers or not :wink: )
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
you appear to be super-duper clever! what's your favourite subject?

'super-duper clever' hmmmm...I don't think so :P :') And um well I keep on fluctuating between subjects, it used to be maths, and then it was geography and now it's biology ahaha, wbu?
Good idea with chinese! I'm doing sign language and dofe for my personal statement hopefully :smile:

Sign language? That sounds pretty cool but I like the Chinese culture so I think it'd be even cooler to learn that. Also the written stuff looks soo cool! Not to forget it's a business language so probably more beneficial than say Italian... I will continue with my French also
Yeah :smile: oh really! Well I'm sure it will go fine :smile: i think for the things we want to do at a level we need to get at least an A grade, so that's kind of our test hahaha

You need at least an A grade? That's quite harsh! We can take it at A level if we get at least a C but we've gotta get a certain number of points to get back in :smile:
Original post by xAlice95
That's cool they're the subjects I'd of done if I was doing A level except of of done psychology instead of geography lol

Yeah I'd of done psychology but our school stopped it :frown:

Yep, I certainly do! We're Indian, it's inevitable! hahahaha

hahaha the amount of lectures indians have to hear from their parents! i wasn't surprised you want to study medicine by the way :wink:
Original post by xAlice95
By 2 pages do you mean 2 sides of paper (so 1 sheet) or 2 sheets of paper? Lol sorry I always get confused with this haha

2 sides hahaha I know me too!!

Our sunspot one was all a bit rushed and we didn't actually have the equipment to do it at school so we had to go to another one to get the equipment which wasn't great :s-smilie: And yeah we have :smile: I managed to scrape an A/B with little/no revision which I was pretty happy with :smile: And mine too! It was the saviour of my French reading exam this week too! I meant I could just guess most of it :tongue:

Oh I see, that's rather inconvenient! I scraped an A as well so pretty pleased with no revision :cool: I was in a very similar situation because I had my German Speaking next section so I just sat there repeating it in my head to memorise! Ended up pretty well too haha

Good idea with chinese! I'm doing sign language and dofe for my personal statement hopefully :smile:

I see you're doing Geography A-level, don't you find the GCSE boring? I think it's horrible at GCSE at the moment... What're your plans for after the exams
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Sign language? That sounds pretty cool but I like the Chinese culture so I think it'd be even cooler to learn that. Also the written stuff looks soo cool! Not to forget it's a business language so probably more beneficial than say Italian... I will continue with my French also

Yeah Chinese is a great one to have :smile: I know it sounds weird but my careers advisor told me to do it hahah

'super-duper clever' hmmmm...I don't think so :P :') And um well I keep on fluctuating between subjects, it used to be maths, and then it was geography and now it's biology ahaha, wbu?

constantly as a child i would always come back to loving maths, i guess it's a either right or wrong subject! i quite like chemistry too!
You need at least an A grade? That's quite harsh! We can take it at A level if we get at least a C but we've gotta get a certain number of points to get back in :smile:

Yeah we need to get 18 points which is fair enough I suppose! I think the head wants to raise it to 25 points

Reply 797
Yeah I'd of done psychology but our school stopped it :frown:

That sucks, has your school got a sixth form then? Mine doesnt lol

你好 你怎么样? :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dandaman9999
Yeah, same here :frown: are these your final choices then? Because our school allow us to change one subject in the first two weeks of the course if we don't like it (which allows me to check for whether I get good teachers or not :wink: )

Well they've formed block options for me, and for some reason they didn't take into consideration the fact that I'd changed geography to further maths (Because I'd initally written geography), and so they think I'm doing the three sciences and geography and maths next year...it's all very confusing! Also, I don't think there's a single other person in my year who wants to do further maths, so that may even mean that I don't get a chance to do it!
Ahh that's a very good idea! Your school is a lot more helpful than mine :P Which area of the country do you live in?

Latest