The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexandraa
Going to be a tough week but not really feeling too nervous cos I got alright mock results :smile: but stupid aqa putting them all in the same week -_-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sounds quite tough! Next week I 'only' have 5 exams which I thought was quite difficult but nothing compared to you :tongue: I think if you did well in the mocks then you should be alright with these papers... The hard part is deciding what to revise and when to revise it!
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
you're so pretty versatile! :smile: that's a good song, i like it too :smile: yeah you're right, that's basically what it's about! i'm going to go over the kidney stuff after i've gone over homeostasis later seeing as it links in nicely! :smile: oh my gosh, can i have your brain for tomorrow's exam? yeah enzymes does have quite a bit of memorisation to do, i just quickly brisked over it but need to reinforce!

Thanks :smile: And I'm glad someone else approves of it! Yeah.. Just that and how to make cheese :tongue: I think I've got the kidney stuff mostly done.. Providing they don't ask me to answer an 8 mark question on it or something :tongue: And yeah feel free to borrow it! It tends to go blank in actual exams though so might not be of much use! If they ask me a question on how the digestion process works, having to mention enzymes too then I think I might cry!
what do you have on thursday?

C2, C3, English lit

it's going okay actually! i'm feeling a bit more pumped! :smile: well done! you're doing really well. yeah, microbiology is an easy place to drop marks sometimes! but i'm guessing that's full UMS though right?

Same here, after doing all these past papers the confidence is beginning to appear :smile: just hope it stays there tomorrow haha. Yeah it was but I just scraped it and I need full UMS to get an A* overall since I messed up my ISA :frown:
Reply 1184
Original post by applesdonothelp
I am hopiing for one on 100% as well because I just think it is so sweet :biggrin: I think one will come up about when the wasps drowned though because the other stories like darkness out there polish teachers tie, anil and compass & torch have been in the past papers
I will try the maps thing.....

Awesome, I hope it does come up! Lol. I guess we'll find out Tuesday! :s-smilie:

Reply 1185
i've finished english language! that's the only gcse i've finished so far! i had english literature last week, so it my nice week, the best one yet. after that it gets horrid and everything is so cramped :frown: in the following week i have 2 biology papers (tomorrow actually), tuesday a business paper and thursday 2 chemistry! i'm going strong but a bit, okay really frantic about biology! it's really hard to comment on how english exams go because you don't really know :frown: how did you find your exams? :smile: some of my close friends took french actually! they laugh at me because they're finished with french whereas my german exam is in june!

Oh wow, tbh I would have been happier getting english out of the way as soon as possible! But it'll be over by the end of this month so I'm happy!
What biology are you doing? B4, B5, B6? & what exam board are you doing it on? I can try & help if you're unsure about anything? :smile:
R.E was better than I expected, so I was pleased. French... well some bits were good, some bits were like what does that mean haha.
I know how you feel, some of my friends do German and have there's in June when a majority of us are finished!

Original post by justanotherindigo
Ohh-- could you help me out with Science then please?
I'll be on tonight at around 6-7ish because I need to do heaps of revision for Citizenship which is tomorrow!:biggrin:

Yeah sure, I'll try and help you out as much as I can! :smile:
Okay that's cool, by then I will send you my English sample thingy so I can work on that on Monday and hopefully be ready for the exam on Tuesday! A teacher is having a revision recap thing on Monday I think that's why I'm not getting extremely worried ahaha
Good luck with your Citizenship revision and exam! :smile:
Original post by Dandaman9999
Sounds quite tough! Next week I 'only' have 5 exams which I thought was quite difficult but nothing compared to you :tongue: I think if you did well in the mocks then you should be alright with these papers... The hard part is deciding what to revise and when to revise it!

Exactly and having to prioritise is quite tricky because I want to do well in them all hahaha :smile: yeah mocks weren't too bad, not as good as I would have liked but didn't do much revision and came out with 5 as and 5a*s so I hope I stay that level or do better :smile:

Original post by steviep14
Sure :biggrin:

So in our equation we have:

CaCO3 and Na2CO3
We can think of this as: 1CaCO3 and 1Na2CO3

Therefore there is one Mole of each right?
So if there is one Mole of each - the Moles of CaCO3 must equal the Moles of Na2CO3 - So if the moles of Na2CO3 = 9433.96 then the Moles of CaCO3 must be 9433.96

Now if it was 2CaCO3, the moles of CaCO3 would be double the Moles of Na2CO3..

Basically this is Mole Ratio:
1:1 = Moles are the same:
2:1 = Double the answer
1:2 = Half the answer etc.

oh by the way, if the molar ratio is 2:3 do you divide by 2 and times by 3?
Exactly and having to prioritise is quite tricky because I want to do well in them all hahaha :smile: yeah mocks weren't too bad, not as good as I would have liked but didn't do much revision and came out with 5 as and 5a*s so I hope I stay that level or do better :smile:

I wish I could just get my mock grades for all my exams -.- If only............
Original post by OllieWolly
Thanks :smile: And I'm glad someone else approves of it! Yeah.. Just that and how to make cheese :tongue: I think I've got the kidney stuff mostly done.. Providing they don't ask me to answer an 8 mark question on it or something :tongue: And yeah feel free to borrow it! It tends to go blank in actual exams though so might not be of much use! If they ask me a question on how the digestion process works, having to mention enzymes too then I think I might cry!

for some reason i'm really, really nervous about tomorrow's papers, i guess it's my first ever exam that's not english so i feel a little bit nervous. how do you think the paper is going to be tomorrow if you were to guess? :smile: kidney stuff hopefully is quick to review! that does seem like a pretty evil question.
Reply 1190
Woah wooah woah D: I thought there was only 2 questions in section a on short stories and then section B on to kill a mockingbird or your respective chosen novel D:

Oh gosh o_0
My exam board is Edexcel, & I'm doing the Understanding Prose paper?
Maybe you're not doing the same thing? Because my exam definitely has 4 questions in Section A and then a choice from two questions in Section B?...
C2, C3, English lit

i have just C2 and C3. that sounds awful though, i feel for you! good luck!
I wish I could just get my mock grades for all my exams -.- If only............

Hahaha me too :smile: I wish I could switch some of the papers so I don't drop down (especially eng lit)

Original post by Dandaman9999
Same here, after doing all these past papers the confidence is beginning to appear :smile: just hope it stays there tomorrow haha. Yeah it was but I just scraped it and I need full UMS to get an A* overall since I messed up my ISA :frown:

i think i messed up my ISA too, so i need to perform exceptionally well in my three papers! hopefully it'll all work out for us :smile:

Precisely :smile: I use the mocks as a sort of minimum I have to try and reach otherwise I would be disappointed :smile: your results show that you are a clever person and can easily surpass those results to do even better!
i have just C2 and C3. that sounds awful though, i feel for you! good luck!

Thanks :smile: well I've kind of got to the stage with chemistry now where I don't really have anything to do hahaha just keep doing papers I suppose

Reply 1196
Having to drag myself away from doing anymore OMAM, keep convincing myself I'm not doing enough revision for it.

Business studies next, oh the joys.
i think i messed up my ISA too, so i need to perform exceptionally well in my three papers! hopefully it'll all work out for us :smile:

Fingers crossed! By three papers do you mean B1, 2 and 3?
Original post by mandi21
Oh wow, tbh I would have been happier getting english out of the way as soon as possible! But it'll be over by the end of this month so I'm happy!
What biology are you doing? B4, B5, B6? & what exam board are you doing it on? I can try & help if you're unsure about anything? :smile:
R.E was better than I expected, so I was pleased. French... well some bits were good, some bits were like what does that mean haha.
I know how you feel, some of my friends do German and have there's in June when a majority of us are finished!

i'm on AQA and i have paper 2 and 3 tomorrow! by the looks of it, different exam boards? :smile:
hopefully they both went fine and you get what you want! :smile:
german is pretty ridiculous with exam dates, it's nearly always the last GCSE exam!
Reply 1199
Original post by sophiekutie
yeah mine said that too
i have to say i find lit much harder in general :frown:
what about you? x

I got a high B in lit mock but its kinda hard since you should think of original ideas to get more marks :frown:

Latest