The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2012 <strong><font

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tahseen1995
Can't you lot scan it or take a photo or something and upload it here for us all to see?

mine was definitely a '+' and someone already posted a link t a paper s that wouldnt help, what we need is to see a paper with a '-' (if one exists) because then it will prove there s a priniting error
Original post by Natish
For question 2ii) i got c as -22 because i squared -3 instead of squaring 3 and subtracting it in the equation, i put all my method down though, how many marks do you think i will get?

Probably 2
Original post by el.sammo
Anyone else absolutely hate question 7? Don't want to be controversial but i think it was just stupid really, especially for 5 marks

It is something I would hope you would have been taught as it has been tested before.
Original post by Kabelan1
I asked that question, and I was told I will get one for that. How is it many people are loosing out on this question?

Me and a few of my mates do this too, so i think a lot of people did it. However i read it again and corrected my answer.
Original post by Bobby129
Mr M, how many marks do you reckon I am going to lose for accidentally using 80 instead of 8 for the length of the side of the triangle on question 7b. All my method was correct it just meant I came out with 3sqrt3/80 instead of 8 for my final answer :/

Probably just drop 1.
Reply 385
Original post by Mr M
It is something I would hope you would have been taught as it has been tested before.

we VERY briefly touched on the special triangles during the first trig lesson but it was implied that it was just a way to figure out certain ratios. I had no idea how to tackle the question
Original post by el.sammo
we VERY briefly touched on the special triangles during the first trig lesson but it was implied that it was just a way to figure out certain ratios. I had no idea how to tackle the question

You have permission to scowl at your teacher then.
Reply 387
Original post by Mr M

Bitch left last term D:
Original post by Mr M

:s-smilie: what are special triangles? i thught it was GCSE knowledge that if TanA =2/5 then the angle opposite the angle is 2 and the adjacent is 5
Reply 389
Mr M for 7iii, I worked out the angle of the triangle (ie what angle gamma was) through not reading the question properly. Would I get any marks for this?
Original post by tooambitious
i thught it was GCSE knowledge that if TanA =2/5 then the angle opposite the angle is 2 and the adjacent is 5

It is.
Original post by ninuzu
Mr M for 7iii, I worked out the angle of the triangle (ie what angle gamma was) through not reading the question properly. Would I get any marks for this?

Yes you will get some credit. Probably drop 1 mark.
Original post by Mr M
It is.

huh wonder why everyone struggled so much :s-smilie:
Reply 393
huh wonder why everyone struggled so much :s-smilie:

Because they didn't get taught well at gcse, for example me.
Original post by Lucozad
Because they didn't get taught well at gcse, for example me.

but how did you do the GCSE or the past papers :eek:
Reply 395
but how did you do the GCSE or the past papers :eek:

Dunno, just did it, it was a long time ago. Self taught myself what I can.
Original post by Lucozad
Dunno, just did it, it was a long time ago. Self taught myself what I can.

i see, itss a shame when you have awful teachers at least you could self teach, at least it wasnt like a lnguage :P
Reply 397
i see, itss a shame when you have awful teachers at least you could self teach, at least it wasnt like a lnguage :P

Yeah, Im not looking forward to this Thurdays D1.
Original post by Lucozad
Yeah, Im not looking forward to this Thurdays D1.

me neither :cry2: its my worst module, although i hope we get a paper like last year so the boundaries are really low :biggrin:
Reply 399
me neither :cry2: its my worst module, although i hope we get a paper like last year so the boundaries are really low :biggrin:

But, wasn't there a mistake on last years paper, that's why people did so bad and got really low. I actually rather have slightly higher boundaries and a paper with no mistakes.

But, yeah dreading this exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending