The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's amazing to think how different footballing history could have been had we not appointed Souness as manager in 1991.
Reply 381
Original post by Zerforax
It's amazing to think how different footballing history could have been had we not appointed Souness as manager in 1991.

It just shows that this "good footballing man" Or "football family" stuff is nonsense. Just because you have played it doesn't mean you have an automatic right to manage. How that man got jobs after that is unbelievable.
Reply 382
Original post by No brainer1
I just hope Martinez isn't our manager #fingerscrossed
would love Pep Guadiola to be our manager #doubtittho :frown:

We need to sell shelvy and koytes (personally)
and invest in better players lol

Email the owners and tell them to get rid of 'Koytes'!
Original post by checkolad
It just shows that this "good footballing man" Or "football family" stuff is nonsense. Just because you have played it doesn't mean you have an automatic right to manage. How that man got jobs after that is unbelievable.

Well he did well at Ranger so got the Liverpool job after his career here too. After the Liverpool job, I wouldn't say he got a high profile job again. Had a few in the premier league but all the clubs were mid to lower table at the time.
Reply 384
this must be fake... http://www.talktorafa.com/
Reply 385
It's extremely cringeworthy if it isn't...
Reply 386
It's an embarassment.

I want to say 'All clubs have its divvies'.

But it seems LFC has the most by far. Twitter is an embarassment.
Reply 387

I saw it trending on Twitter earlier, but didn't click on it. I really hope it is... :facepalm:
Reply 388
Original post by L18
It's an embarassment.

I want to say 'All clubs have its divvies'.

But it seems LFC has the most by far. Twitter is an embarassment.

Some of the stuff posted on the official forum is painfully cringeworthy too. They seem lacking in any common sense/knowledge regarding the sport
Reply 389
Chelsea are apparently "closest" to signing Lucas Moura. (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7773647/Blues-linked-to-Sao-Paulo-star)

I wish we had some transfer rumours, even the silly ones! Hurry up and sort out the manager please FSG
Reply 390
Silly season is always good for a laugh. Especially with us :awesome:
Reply 391
Dortmund set Kagawa's price at 16 million pounds. That is how much we paid for Henderson, and I bet his wages won't be much higher then Henderson's, actually the more I think about our signings, the higher my blood pressure increases.

To other LFC fans who think Hendo will improve, I also think it will happen, but 17 goals a season will not happen for him. That's how much Kagawa got in a highly competitive German league.

Liverpool stop buying English players! Use the local lads from our academy if they good enough, and use the transfer money on foreign players.
The fact is;

FSG are wonderful. You might not think that due to sacking Kenny but they have conducted themselves wonderfully.

It looks like Liverpool are hopeless but it's the utter opposite. Liverpool have kept their managerial approaches ,apart from Martinez which was out of their control, completely secret. They haven't let a peep out and no one knows. The media are getting frustrated hence the articles claiming "Liverpool snubbed" or "Suarez to leave".

FSG have not played into the media's hand and have not rushed into a appointment which shows the quality of our owners. We are not in a crisis, just the owners not bowing to media pressure. Rumours will be rumours, nothing more or nothing less.
Reply 393
Kagawa will be a huge publicity tool for United too.

Embarrasing.
Reply 394
Reports in Portugal that AvB has got the job :beard:

That means Martinez has wasted a trip to Boston today :p:
Reply 395
Original post by kuks

Yeh there was a rumour circulating last night on twitter that he had the job and was going to be announced today I think. That hasn't happen yet :rolleyes:
Reply 396
Original post by Stirlo
Yeh there was a rumour circulating last night on twitter that he had the job and was going to be announced today I think. That hasn't happen yet :rolleyes:

Apparently its now being announced tonight or tomorrow... maybe FSG did consider Martinez but thought that he wasn't right for the job.

Seems AVB and Capello are our two best targets seeing as how FSG didn't approach Benitez and some other mangers rejected us.
Original post by kuks

Source please!! :smile:

:eek: If it's true.... I worry, he seemed completely out of his depth at Chelsea; I know we don't have the ego problems of the Chelsea squad, but still....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 398
From the BBC sports feed

1657:
FOOTBALL

Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, one of the favourites for the vacant Liverpool job, is looking for a club with a "strong technical plan" which has longevity, according to his agent. "What we are looking for is a strong technical plan, that is solid and durable," his agent Carlos Goncalves told romagiallorossa.com. "Villas-Boas would like to return to coaching in these conditions, but if these conditions are not available, we would have no problems not working. I won't confirm or deny contacts with specific clubs. What we are interested in is a technical project, its outlook and a situation that has longevity. Liverpool? Again, we look for a club which is very strong and competitive. We will see if there are conditions that will attract us with any club."

Not sure what to make of the last bit in bold tbh. Probably means he won't be announced as our new manager today, unless it's just standard spiel until the announcement ^^
In fairness, they really should talk to Rafa. Available now with no compensation due, shouldn't ask for insane wages, ignoring how good his CV is.

IMO Kawaga won't be as big a deal as is being made out. He's Japanese and I think baseball is a bigger deal that football over there. The Japense may have huge disposalable incomes but they spend more money on technology, computer games and pokemon than sport AFAIK.

What you really want is a Chinese player or somewhere football mad like a Singaporian/S.Korean player.

Latest