The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by LynseyJ7
Any thoughts on Borini so far?

I think we've managed to get the ball up to him twice so far. :redface:
Reply 3981
Too many long balls, too much doddling on possession. Can't even comment on us on the final third as we haven't created anything. Gomel look strong down the left side.
Reply 3982
Good save Jones... yet another chance for Gomel.
We're just lucky Gomel can't seem to finish

We could be at least 3 down by now
Reply 3984
I'm surprised were not losing here, can't afford to give these chances away. We've been embarrassing so far.
Reply 3985
Original post by Mess.
Where is he playing? Only just turned over.

In a midfield 3 with Henderson and Spearing, seems to be the one with the most freedom. He's trying to influence things too much. May be a problem this season if Rodgers doesn't give him a specific role. The way he's dropping so deep at times just reminds me of last season.

Original post by benkopite
He's having a mare. He doesn't even look up for it.

Downing is invisible as usual

Our attacking players are dire :frown:

Downing's been the usual; either pass it backwards or cross it into the same area repeatedly, no matter whether there's anyone near it or not.
Reply 3986
Original post by Deshi
I think we've managed to get the ball up to him twice so far. :redface:

Oh. Watching it on and off, thought he'd been quiet but no wonder if he can't get the ball.

One bright side is that the kit looks great. :rolleyes:
Reply 3987
Terrible half for us, how are we not behind yet? Good chances by Gomel was either saved or defended. We haven't even had a single shot yet. Hopefully we'll improve in 2nd half, but at this rate, we'll lose the match.
Reply 3988
I'm hoping that's just a lack of fitness or something because that was one of the worst half's of football ever, especially considering the opposition. Not one shot on goal. We can't retain the ball at all.
I wouldn't read too much into this guys, its basically another pre-season friendly.
Reply 3990
Original post by Deshi
I'm hoping that's just a lack of fitness or something because that was one of the worst half's of football ever, especially considering the opposition. Not one shot on goal. We can't retain the ball at all.

We're doing the same thing as last season, we get the ball and everyone runs off up pitch and doesn't move leaving no options to pass to. Really poor for "possession football". We are absolutely dire, we need to improve massively before the PL starts
Reply 3991
Kelly for Johnson
Reply 3992
Why are we doing so many hopeful long balls? So frustrating.
Reply 3993
I don't understand this emphasis of hoofing the ball up in this game. If this is the way they are setting up from here on **** Downing out and keep Carroll.
Reply 3994
Whenever a defender has the ball all of the midfielders run 20 yards away and stand next to the opposition defenders. Can't blame our defenders for long balls in that instance.
Reply 3995
Gerrard needs to stop strolling around. He did it last season too. He'll pass it and then instead of moving into space he'll stroll away/stand there.
Reply 3996
Lucas on for Hendo, and that Gomel shot hit the post! now our opponents are doing it.
(edited 11 years ago)
We are soooo lucky Gomel are not very good
Reply 3998
How are we not losing this? It's a miracle we aren't at least 4-0 down
Reply 3999
OMG just like us last season, chance after chance after chance, no goals, opponents score

1-0 to us, Downing!!!

Latest