The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Whilst it'd be great to have Lucas back for them I really don't want him rushing back. I would genuinely (if it would help) would prefer him to keep doing rehab etc up until a ridiculously late time just to try and prevent a recurrence of the injury.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by CB91
You're embarrassing yourself.

Why? Because what I said would happen actually happened? It's everyone else who's saying that it's a conspiracy or whatever, I've not actually mentioned anything at all in that regard. I've made several predictions, people laughed at me, the predictions came true. There's nothing more, nothing less to it. People who are making more of it than what it actually is.
Original post by JoeK
Baptism of fire for Rodgers! Looking forward to it.

------------------------------------------

Lucas Leiva's Latest News

It'll be a great boost if he can be fit for some of the games.

I take that as meaning he'll be ready for pre-season.
Reply 1783
Original post by Zerforax
I take that as meaning he'll be ready for pre-season.

As do I. I agree with what Mess is saying though. I don't want him rushed back. I have faith that our medical team will make the right decision, whatever that may be. The decision will be made easier if we get a decent back-up, which I think we should anyway given the amount of games we'll have next season.
Original post by JoeK
As do I. I agree with what Mess is saying though. I don't want him rushed back. I have faith that our medical team will make the right decision, whatever that may be. The decision will be made easier if we get a decent back-up, which I think we should anyway given the amount of games we'll have next season.

Sounds like a pretty nasty injury. Some saying can take up to a year to feel fully recovered. Will be almost 7 months by the time he's back for training and then there's another 6 weeks before the season starts. We'll probably ease him back then? Guess it depends how the player feels. He was always more to do with positioning than lung busting runs so I have less worries I guess.
Original post by Deshi
AUGUST

18 West Brom (A)
25 Manchester City (H)

SEPTEMBER

1 Arsenal (H)
15 Sunderland (A)
22 Manchester United (H)
29 Norwich City (A)

OCTOBER

6 Stoke City (H)
20 Reading (H)
27 Everton (A)

NOVEMBER

3 Newcastle United (H)
10 Chelsea (A)
17 Wigan Athletic (H)
24 Swansea City (A)
27 Tottenham (A)

DECEMBER

1 Southampton (H)
8 West Ham (A)
15 Aston Villa (H)
22 Fulham (H)
26 Stoke City (A)
29 QPR (A)

JANUARY 2013

1 Sunderland (H)
12 Manchester United (A)
19 Norwich City (H)
29 Arsenal (A)

FEBRUARY

2 Manchester City (A)
9 West Brom (H)
23 Swansea City (H)

MARCH

2 Wigan Athletic (A)
9 Tottenham (H)
16 Southampton (A)
30 Aston Villa (A)

APRIL

6 West Ham (H)
13 Reading (A)
20 Chelsea (H)
27 Newcastle United (A)

MAY

4 Everton (H)
12 Fulham (A)
19 QPR (H)

December looks good.

Like the format, gonna steal it for the first page =P.
Reply 1786
Sounds like a pretty nasty injury. Some saying can take up to a year to feel fully recovered. Will be almost 7 months by the time he's back for training and then there's another 6 weeks before the season starts. We'll probably ease him back then? Guess it depends how the player feels. He was always more to do with positioning than lung busting runs so I have less worries I guess.

From what I've read, it's definitely worse for players that are all about acceleration/athleticism and putting loads of pressure through their knee. This is where I hope that it'll be okay for Lucas, since he's all about positioning and timing. However, it'll take a lot of nerve and time for him to be confident going into challenges again, I would imagine. He's shown he's really strong mentally though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he came back better than he was (in the long term anyway).
Reply 1787
That is a really difficult start to the season. Could either go really well or really poorly.
Reply 1788
Id be more than happy with10 points from the first five games!
Original post by JF1903

I'd be okay with 6, delighted with 7 if it means we're unbeaten.

For those who thinks we'll have a slow start, I think he'll only ease his attacking philosophy in as the season goes, so I can see us potentially having a good start after the first 5 which could be horrible.

10 points from those 5 games would be a good haul in a title challenging season, so it would be phenomenal this year.
Reply 1790
Original post by JF1903

10 points in the first 5 is a 2 point/game season! I'll take that all day, every day :p:

Personally think we'll get 7. Beating West Brom and Sunderland and drawing with Arsenal.
2 points over the course of the season should be our aim - which would finish us on 76 points.

Think it's a bit optimistic to think we'd get 10 from the opening 5. I think we'll get about 5 points.. 1 win, 3 draws and 1 loss.
Does anyone here sit in Anfield Rd end? I've not sat there in years so don't know the answer but are the away and home fans kept well apart like in the bar bit etc or is it just as normal? Bit random I know!
Original post by Belle-x
Does anyone here sit in Anfield Rd end? I've not sat there in years so don't know the answer but are the away and home fans kept well apart like in the bar bit etc or is it just as normal? Bit random I know!

Inside the stands you mean? Yes they're apart, there's a metal gate pulled across in between in segregate them inside too where the bars are.
Original post by orionmoo
Inside the stands you mean? Yes they're apart, there's a metal gate pulled across in between in segregate them inside too where the bars are.

Yeah that's what I mean! Ah right, thanks :smile: giving my boyfriend my ticket for the united match in September as I'm on holiday and he's a united STH :| just wondered if he could get in with them lot by any chance lol.
Reply 1795
Original post by kuks
10 points in the first 5 is a 2 point/game season! I'll take that all day, every day :p:

Personally think we'll get 7. Beating West Brom and Sunderland and drawing with Arsenal.

I think we'll get eight tbh, wins against WB and Sunderland, and draws with Arsenal and United!
Original post by Belle-x
Yeah that's what I mean! Ah right, thanks :smile: giving my boyfriend my ticket for the united match in September as I'm on holiday and he's a united STH :| just wondered if he could get in with them lot by any chance lol.

You're an STH?

I wonder whether I'll be able to get to any in August/Sep. I can't remember how many home EPL games I got this season.... I was only about 7 I think. I know for Man Utd it'll start at like 17 games or something silly like that lol. hmm
Reply 1797
I forgot Markus Babbel is the manager of Hoffenheim. I wonder if he has had a chat with Gylfi. Might make the transfer easier. :holmes:
2 points over the course of the season should be our aim - which would finish us on 76 points.

Think it's a bit optimistic to think we'd get 10 from the opening 5. I think we'll get about 5 points.. 1 win, 3 draws and 1 loss.

That adds up to 6 mate.

Anyway yeah I can't see us losing more than one at home.

Anyone know which players will miss which games due to the Olympics? Will Suarez and Bellamy make it back in time for the City game?
Reply 1799
Original post by Straight up G
That adds up to 6 mate.

Anyway yeah I can't see us losing more than one at home.

Anyone know which players will miss which games due to the Olympics? Will Suarez and Bellamy make it back in time for the City game?

Bellamy I think defo will go. None of our 8 players that went in the Euros will go.

Also if any players are playing in the final of Euros, will they be back on time for the US tour? thankfully Agger is back, soon could be followed by our Englishmen after they get out in the QFs I think, and maybe Reina may make it to the finals again, without playing.

Latest