Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Advanced Higher Biology

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan0141)
    What did everyone write about the krill further increasing global warming? I wrote some garbage about them migrating to a colder area where their waste will be decomposed
    Bro i just wrote that the condtions will change for the decomposers and they will die out, resulting in a build up of waste which can kill many species of the aquatic eco system
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its the first question i have ever answered in relation to faeces
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freedom123)
    I said that as sea temperatures increase, then saprotrophs etc will be able to decompose the faeces and therefore release the carbon dioxide from it back into the atmosphere which would then contribute to global warmimg! - can anyone verify this?
    I also put that the increase in sea temp. would mean the faeces could be decomposed which would release more carbon dioxide which would contribute to global warming.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone mention the Siri equation as an answer to a question in PHE?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorMcKenzie)
    I dont even know what that is, so no, not me lol!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What was the impedence one? I just blagged and wrote that its not accurate and there lean tissue such as muscle may be included LOL!

Aww me too, i put weight and volume of water!

Yeah i wrote "Excercising decreases weight!" hahaha
    I wrote it keeps you fit

Why am i such an idiot! I read 2 QUESTIONS WRONG ASKFHAUFGB FML
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i did!,
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes i wrote that for the answer to the question which asked how do you use desity to measure percentage body fat
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could i answer that with the body masss of the indevidual plus the density of fat
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babb_zz)
    I wrote it keeps you fit

Why am i such an idiot! I read 2 QUESTIONS WRONG ASKFHAUFGB FML
    Lol im sorry but i need to Laugh! What were you thinking of??? LOL
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the densitometry question I wrote the two measurements you need is the mass of the individual and the mass of water/air displaced. I take it that's wrong?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lol im sorry but i need to Laugh! What were you thinking of??? LOL
    Stress makes your mental
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the densitometry question I wrote the two measurements you need is the mass of the individual and the mass of water/air displaced. I take it that's wrong?
    Welll i was going to write that! But something made me think that you needed to know the mass of fat but im starting to doubt myself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was question 13 again? The recombinant DNA one? Because that was either C or A technically it could have been either, because it's recombinant DNA with respect to both the Agrobacterium.t and the rhizobium DNA… all in all an evil question..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babb_zz)
    Stress makes your mental
    Haha it does that! I was so stressed with time, wrote a few stupid answers!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What was the role of hydrogen bonding in maintaining the hairpin shape? I wrote an essay for it saying they have a function of providing support for the shape and talked about hydrogen bonding between base pairs
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan0141)
    Welll i was going to write that! But something made me think that you needed to know the mass of fat but im starting to doubt myself?
    It was mass and volume of water
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_johnson)
    I'm pretty sure q8 is C because if 24/80 are thymine. This means 30% are T and 30% are A so 20% are C and G.
    An q14 is C because you need to 100+67=167kj
    And I think the rest are correct.
    I think for q14, the 100kJ is available to the ecosystem, as faeces - because it flows through the saprotrophic food chain. So it's on 67kJ, so A
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    did anay one else right for the fuction of hydrogen bonding for the hairpin shape that the some bases are complimentary and for hyrgen bonding thus hole the strand together but the bases at the end are not thus their repulsion gives the ringed structure on the left and the lines pushing outwards = hairpin shape
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student666)
    I think for q14, the 100kJ is available to the ecosystem, as faeces - because it flows through the saprotrophic food chain. So it's on 67kJ, so A
    I agree for q14 lets hope the markers have the saprotrophic food chain in mind

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.