Advanced Higher Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie
You've misread it. The whole things out of 125 marks. 80/125 x 100 = 64%

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Cheers, thats a big relief!!
Original post by freedom123
What was the impedence one? I just blagged and wrote that its not accurate and there lean tissue such as muscle may be included LOL!

Aww me too, i put weight and volume of water!

Yeah i wrote "Excercising decreases weight!" hahaha

Tends to underestimate in obese and overestimate in lean
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie
Could someone post the paper if possible?

Original post by Dhill94
Don't mean to be miserable as Id love this to be true but checked the sqa website and the average lowest mark for an A over the past 3 years has been 80%?

Original post by hannahmac4
I wrote the same

Original post by adam_johnson
I hope so. :smile:

Original post by Niamh-94
Basically what I wrote. Increase in ocean temperature would lead to an increase in decomp, thus an increase in the amount of CO2 being released into the atmosphere.

Original post by DragonHeartstring
Yeah, last year's grade boundary for an A was 65% I think (although this also incorporated the project marks), and a C was below 50%, but I don't remember the exact %age. Honestly, it doesn't make me feel all that much better, but cross fingers!

Original post by Student666
i yabbered some nonsense about social bonding? haha, had no idea though, your one sounds better. Yeah the whole thing was harder than expected! Hopefully they will lowed the grade boundaries! Apparently they usually are like 5% lower than normal, for AH biology!

Original post by DragonHeartstring
It didn't help I don't recall much about specific qualities of RNA - that made me panic a bit. I agree about the mc being thick, it was especially the questions with graphs and you had to choose a conclusion that could be made from the results - those kind drive me round the bend!

Ahh. We got a new bio teacher year that told us he would switch the course to do physiology next year - we had already learned animal behaviour before he came, so had to stick with it. I think physiology would have been more suited to our class.

I am in the middle of scanning in the paper, it will be up soon!
The marking instructions have been uploaded AHHHHHHHHHHHH
The marking instructions have been uploaded AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Second this^^

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
Original post by why-hello-there
Second this^^

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

you had a look? I got 19/25 in the multiple choice and full marks in my essay I think ! But the data interp. im lucky if I got 3/13
you had a look? I got 19/25 in the multiple choice and full marks in my essay I think ! But the data interp. im lucky if I got 3/13

Oh my god, I had a look and also got 19/20 in MC and full marks in essay but I can't really remember the answers i put for the data interp. Good luck!!

Original post by adam_johnson
Oh my god, I had a look and also got 19/20 in MC and full marks in essay but I can't really remember the answers i put for the data interp. Good luck!!

haha omg thats weird lol!! I was soooo raging because I made stupid mistakes in the multiple choice out of nerves, stuff that was simple!

Goood Luckk!
23 in the MC and, from what I can remember, 12-15 on the essay (depends whether they accept my examples, hopefully 13 or 14). Not even going to talk about the DI haha :tongue:.
Original post by why-hello-there
23 in the MC and, from what I can remember, 12-15 on the essay (depends whether they accept my examples, hopefully 13 or 14). Not even going to talk about the DI haha :tongue:.

aww nice well done! yeah im the same in the essays with the examples, i literally made them up on the spot lol so depends on the marker haha!! I hoppe my investigation mark is good so I get a B... but at my school the teachers say every year there predictions are wrong, it just depends :frown:
aww nice well done! yeah im the same in the essays with the examples, i literally made them up on the spot lol so depends on the marker haha!! I hoppe my investigation mark is good so I get a B... but at my school the teachers say every year there predictions are wrong, it just depends :frown:

Well done to you too, :smile: And, yeah, same! I think 'rabbits in a field competing over the grass' could be right for intraspecific competition (if it was a really small field :tongue:), but even then, it just does not sound like something you write in an exam that determines whether or not you go to university. :tongue:

Good Luck. :smile:
Reply 133
Official answer scheme is up on sqa website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending