The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Does anyone not get the room type you applied for? (Costume Store or others)

Hello everyone. I'm an international MA student and just like others. I'm worried about where to stay while studying in UAL.

The thing is I applied for all studio at Costume store, Manna Ash, and Tufnell Park. There was an email sent to me to say I got the room and it also stated it will be the room type I applied for. However, yesterday when I was reading the tenancy agreement, I noticed my offer became standard ensuite. I emailed them and they kind of...denied that it's not a mistake. Maybe they don't have a studio left but they should have told me. They just simply don't say anything and now I'm so worried whether I should accept the offer or I should decline it and reapply. What I'm afraid of I might not get any rooms if I decline it this time and finding a place to stay when I'm not a local will be tough for me.

You might think that a standard room is alright but for me, studying far away from home means I will bring many things along. Standard room is way too small for me so I really wanna live in a studio and I do need some privacy while being there.

Anyone has anything similar to share? Or any suggestions for me?
Reply 1
hi. I'm international student too, and I applied for my accommodation in april, however have the same problem as you do. I emailed them but they said its all they can offer. What are you planning to do? I might try to find some flat to rent in London, as I'm not happy with room they offer me.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Auraor
Hello everyone. I'm an international MA student and just like others. I'm worried about where to stay while studying in UAL.

The thing is I applied for all studio at Costume store, Manna Ash, and Tufnell Park. There was an email sent to me to say I got the room and it also stated it will be the room type I applied for. However, yesterday when I was reading the tenancy agreement, I noticed my offer became standard ensuite. I emailed them and they kind of...denied that it's not a mistake. Maybe they don't have a studio left but they should have told me. They just simply don't say anything and now I'm so worried whether I should accept the offer or I should decline it and reapply. What I'm afraid of I might not get any rooms if I decline it this time and finding a place to stay when I'm not a local will be tough for me.

You might think that a standard room is alright but for me, studying far away from home means I will bring many things along. Standard room is way too small for me so I really wanna live in a studio and I do need some privacy while being there.

Anyone has anything similar to share? Or any suggestions for me?

i'm in the exact same situation!! i applied by the date given for an assured place at the halls for international students. i applied for costume store, brooke hall and manna ash in that order, all studio rooms.
i got offered a standard ensuite as well! it might seem okay to live in but ive lived in dorms of a similar size and i had nowhere to walk because i had too many things!

they emailed me and said that i could try again in early july, but wont be guaranteed a place in any halls. i don't know if i should reject this standard one or try for a studio which seems unlikely because ive read that there's 1000 ppl on the waiting list for the costume store! :frown:((
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
what did you end up doing?? or what are your arrangements now?i doubt theres 1000 people on the waiting list.. i wonder why there'd need to be so many?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending