The Student Room Group

Psychology a2 WJEC py4 help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
how important is it to know the researchers names?

thanks! :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by katie182

Its quite important i think, i think marks are given for names dont take my word for it tho. try learnt atleast 3 names for each topic essay, and the hard names just say 'a psychologist conducted a study on...ect' . thats wat am doing anyway lol
I'm trying to remember core names such as Tulving, Ellis, Marcovici etc... But my teacher said as long as you state the study e.g talk about Zimbardo's study, but don't mention his name, then you should be alright....the examiners will know what you are talking about if it is a well known study. This is the hardest exam I have ever done, i don't think it is possible to remember every single name and study! Btw, I'm doing abnormal, memory and forensic! :smile:
Reply 63
What's the likeliness that any Q's which came up last year will come up this?
Original post by stunnaman
Im doing relationships, and apparently Formation or Dissolution are likely to come up. Teacher said but he didnt seem too sure so if i was you i would not relly entirely on this and try go over themm all

That's good, I quite like those two. :P I'll learn them all for everything anyway, I'm too much of a nerd not to. XD
I'm doing Controversies, Sport, Relationships and Forensics. :smile:

Original post by Matteh. :D
What's the likeliness that any Q's which came up last year will come up this?

There's an equal chance to be honest. Because there's so many essays that could come up there's no real way to tell what will come up each year. :/

I think it's more important to know the names than the dates, but it's even more important to get the stats and evaluation right. :P
Reply 66
Original post by DoubleNegative
That's good, I quite like those two. :P I'll learn them all for everything anyway, I'm too much of a nerd not to. XD

Lol how are you finding it so far? i have 13 essay to learn so im soo stressd dont know hot to do it :confused::frown:
Reply 67
Original post by RB7
how are people feeling about this exam????

Feeling rubbish. I need a C too and I will only get it depending what comes up. :frown:
Lol how are you finding it so far? i have 13 essay to learn so im soo stressd dont know hot to do it :confused::frown:

I've got about 6.5 left to learn. I'm literally just sitting with the textbook learning it off by heart. Still stressed though, I DESPERATELY want an A*.
Reply 69
Original post by annabel_holgate
I'm trying to remember core names such as Tulving, Ellis, Marcovici etc... But my teacher said as long as you state the study e.g talk about Zimbardo's study, but don't mention his name, then you should be alright....the examiners will know what you are talking about if it is a well known study. This is the hardest exam I have ever done, i don't think it is possible to remember every single name and study! Btw, I'm doing abnormal, memory and forensic! :smile:

im doing those too! and thanks for the reassurance :smile:
Reply 70
Out of the possible controversies will 2 definitely come up? No Question which we cannot answer?
Reply 71
whats the probablilty of any depression questionns coming up? coz thts 1 thing i havnt touched.
also is it likely that explanations of disorders of memory is going to come?
Reply 72
whats the probablilty of any depression questionns coming up? coz thts 1 thing i havnt touched.
also is it likely that explanations of disorders of memory is going to come?

this is only a predication but
treatments of depression may come up and disorders of memory came up last year but who knows! hahaaa
Reply 73
this is only a predication but
treatments of depression may come up and disorders of memory came up last year but who knows! hahaaa

Thanks!
arggghh ¬_¬ stresssd the eff out!!
Reply 74
Original post by RB7
yes there is a choice between 2 controversy Qs, if you have learnt all the controversy Qs then you will be able to answer the 2 that come up...

Well the one out of the two? Because you only answer one question from Controversies, surely?
Reply 75
Original post by RB7
I need an A!!! =( I really hope its a good paper!

same! well an A* really :frown: soo stressed. i just can't remember all the essays :/ what are you planning to do at uni??
Reply 76
erm on the explanations of disorders of memory..Do we need to know BOTH explanations (amnesia + Alzheimers) or would only 1 be enough???
erm on the explanations of disorders of memory..Do we need to know BOTH explanations (amnesia + Alzheimers) or would only 1 be enough???

No, DEFINITELY learn both! Do not go into the exam having learnt just one explanation, as they clearly ask for "explanations" of memory disorders.learn both amnesia and alzheimers. Good luck!
Reply 78

ive been told to learn three, those two and repression
Reply 79
OMG! :frown:( ...But thanx for the headsup guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending