The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester FAQ - almost everything you've ever wanted to know about UoM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starwars123
Hiya, does anyone know how many credits worth of courses we are supposed to take up in the 1st year? Is it 120 credits that will be split 60/60?

Hiya, usually you will take 120 credits in each year, however the 60/60 split depends on the course.
Some modules last the whole year so would not be split and other subjects allow you to split the credits differently depending on what modules you choose. It would depend if/what your optional modules are and how many credits they are worth.
For example, I am studying mechanical engineering, all our modules are compulsory so i have a 60/60 split made up of 10 credit modules.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Why don't Manchester Uni offer wifi in student halls? I thought to believe that was standard in every single university or so I assumed .....:s-smilie:

Is it specific campus halls i.e fallowf halls or city halls or?

I can confirm that most halls have wifi (Eduroam can be found in all of them) I haven't heard about any without. (I was in fallowfield and they all had Wifi) They advise an ethernet cable i think purely in case eduroam or the UOMWifi goes down or your room has bad connections.
I would contact the halls of residence team on [email protected] to confirm whether a hall has wifi to help you choose one.
Reply 482
Hi! I'm (hopefully) going to study music at UoM and I'm looking atm at buying a new laptop for it. I was just wondering if it would be better to get a Mac or not since the department seems to use both?
Is it possible to transfer from one department(or college as you call it) to another? I've got about 6 5s in APs which I assume is the equivalent of A*AA, with all required courses too including Calculus BC and stuff. Problem is, I applied really late this year (March) and I was only offered a place at Economics L100 because all Finance-related positions are occupied. I'm just wondering should there be any vacancies during clearing or adjustment, should I phone up and ask admission office for transfer? Or is it entirely impossible. Much thanks
Brand new group for events/nightlife in Manchester for freshers!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2275943925825990/
Hello,

I'm actually undertaking a survey on Manchester accommodation for my dissertation.

If anyone has a spare 5 minutes and wouldn't mind filling it out that would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to share it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTMaF19tvBKA92G6N3Xi34i53oDnMQoGjrI4kH9Da7Nk9wSw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending