The Student Room Group

PY2 WJEC 29 May

How did you guys find it?
I got raped, easiest questions in the world and I decided to learn all the hard crap = FML.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah inclined to agree. Although I ****ed up section C so bad! I didn't even know what quota sampling was so i had a stab and i don't know. I know I did well on my Section A and B, but at worst I reckon its about 10/18 for section C! Hopefully enough to get an A :frown:
Reply 2
LOL!! You're not the only one... i answered them all then got to that and looked and thought... what... the ... frigola... is that!?! i do sociology aswell so i should know this! nope... loool i ended up crossing everything out and doing question 8. i think it went alright tbf, i hadn't had a lesson since 2009 so i think i did good considering ^_^
Original post by Chriswhjay
Yeah inclined to agree. Although I ****ed up section C so bad! I didn't even know what quota sampling was so i had a stab and i don't know. I know I did well on my Section A and B, but at worst I reckon its about 10/18 for section C! Hopefully enough to get an A :frown:

Last year in June 2011, It was 61% for an A, so I'm sure you will be finee!!!
OK, Please, put me out of my misery.

What were the questions? Which studies came up ( and if you can recall , which ones, aims, findings conclusions etc.). I gather Milgram was there - but where?

Surely not both section C questions were quota sampling?

I hope my lot remembered. I spent so much time explaining stratified samples I may not have given this enough air room!

Also, if you can, what were the investigative methods for section C ( ie experiment, correlation, onservation or what)

very much appreciate answers . I am not likely to get to see this paper before half term - so I really need putting out of my misery. Thanks.
Reply 5
That aims and context question was stupidly hard, couldnt remember a single piece of context -.-

I suppose the rest was alright, could have been much worse :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by wellpastmybedtime
OK, Please, put me out of my misery.

What were the questions? Which studies came up ( and if you can recall , which ones, aims, findings conclusions etc.). I gather Milgram was there - but where?

Surely not both section C questions were quota sampling?

I hope my lot remembered. I spent so much time explaining stratified samples I may not have given this enough air room!

Also, if you can, what were the investigative methods for section C ( ie experiment, correlation, onservation or what)

very much appreciate answers . I am not likely to get to see this paper before half term - so I really need putting out of my misery. Thanks.

The questions were in the following order:

aims and context of langer and Rodin.
procedure of loftus and palmer.
findings and conclusions of bennet-levey.
methadology of Ash.
methadology of Rosenhan.
alternate evidence of Milgram.

I answered question 8 in section C, but vaguely rememeber some of the questions in question 7:

Q7) one advantage and one disadvantage of interviews in this experiment
and then advantages of Quota sampling etc and reliablilty and validity and ethics questions

Q8) one advanatge and one disadvantage of correlation in this experiment
and than advantages and disadvantages of oppurtunity sampling and then the usual questions:- hope this helped :smile:
Reply 7
Alternative evidence of Milgram was the one I really wanted in my exam, very jealous of you all :tongue: I don't envy you all with the findings and conclusions of Bennet-Levy and Marteau though, there's so much for that one - I think the only one that could've been worse would have been Buss :eek3:

Hope you're all quite pleased with how it went :smile:
Me being me, I left my revision quite late. So I took the brave decision to not even bother with findings & conclusions on any study and focus more on Section B (well, I think I aced the first two questions of Section A) which I think I did pretty well. :biggrin:

Question 8 looked easier, so I went ahead with that - I thought it was a decent paper, could have been harder. Really glad Buss did not come up, but disappointed I didn't see any Gardner and Gardner - I learnt that thoroughly.

But, all in all, good luck guys - I'm sure you did fine. Grade boundaries are normally low, so let's hope they continue. :smile:
Bennett-Levy & Marteau destroyed me. I predicted either Bennett-Levy or Langer & Rodin would come up. I learnt all the info for langer and Rodin, but didn't have time for Bennett-Levy & Marteau. Guess what? they came up. ffs.

Everyone found the paper pretty easy, I'm pretty sure the grade boundaries are going to be higher = drowning myself in alcohol tonight - the god damn solution to life.
Thank you for telling me the questions omarbarca95.

I hope from that my dearest ones should have got some answers.

What sort of experiment was used in Q8 Lab or field or quasi?

If my students had any sense they would have gone for the correlation. It should have been a piece of cake on the usual questions and with opportunity sampling.

So can you tell me, why did you select Q8? What made you think it was easier? Sorry to be a bother.
Original post by wellpastmybedtime
Thank you for telling me the questions omarbarca95.

I hope from that my dearest ones should have got some answers.

What sort of experiment was used in Q8 Lab or field or quasi?

If my students had any sense they would have gone for the correlation. It should have been a piece of cake on the usual questions and with opportunity sampling.

So can you tell me, why did you select Q8? What made you think it was easier? Sorry to be a bother.

basically i looked at a past paper in the morining and it had correlations on its and also becasue i know what oppurtunity sampling is from my business coursework. oh and i saw the question on interviews and decided i now little about it it. but to be fair i could have easily done both really

in question 8, a field experiment was used i think
Reply 12
Words could not express my joy when I opened the paper and saw Rahe, Mahan and Arthur not there.
Reply 13
I was annoyed at bennet levy, because i remembered the different correlational matrixes, but put them for the wrong correlation. So where as the correlation between fear and avoidance was 0.90 i put it at 0.95 instead of speedy and suddenly moving! Gah. Oh well, i got the rest of it :') Just got my matrixes confused, hopefully they will take pity and give a mark for my efforts learning their sodding numbers! D:
Reply 14
I think the exam wasn't too bad, I was stressed out like crazy before thinking I was going to fail but I would be able to pull off a C or something since I did pretty well in PY1. I was quite happy bennet-levy came up because I found the information for that pretty easy to remember e.g rats had the highest rating for fear = 2.08 etc. I got a bit iffy with section C, I did Q8 and couldn't think of a validity issue so I put it may have lacked population validity, would I be right if I justified this?
Reply 15
So relieved that Buss or Gibson and Walk wasn't on :biggrin: I think I made up most of my percentages for BL+M :') ah well :tongue: very good exam in all fairness!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
I loved the exam!! i wouldn't mind doing it again!!
Did anyone notice how the case studies that came up had never come up before?

So it was easy to guess which was going to come up -.-
Original post by Miracle Day
Did anyone notice how the case studies that came up had never come up before?

So it was easy to guess which was going to come up -.-

Thought the exact same thing -.-
That exam pissed me off.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Thought the exact same thing -.-
That exam pissed me off.

Same -.- Why on earth did they do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending