The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Jackb95
Most of my clothes are from Topman (call me a typical follow-the-crowd person if you will, lool). Well, I usually wear it with dark navy or black jeans, green Nike Blazers and a white T-shirt. It's a tiny bit big for me though. My clothes are usually Small (S) but they only had a Medium (M).

Ahaha, oh I don't care about that, I'm just not a massive fan of their stuff :tongue: Cheers. I'm thinking of getting one, just wasn't sure what to wear it with. I have plenty of darker jeans though, so might pick one up :biggrin:
Reply 1981
Original post by YMLT
Ahaha, oh I don't care about that, I'm just not a massive fan of their stuff :tongue: Cheers. I'm thinking of getting one, just wasn't sure what to wear it with. I have plenty of darker jeans though, so might pick one up :biggrin:

Lool, I'd recommend it but I don't think Topman stock them anymore, which is a shame. They do loads of denim jackets now though so it's worth having a look :smile:
Reply 1982
Original post by Jackb95
Lool, I'd recommend it but I don't think Topman stock them anymore, which is a shame. They do loads of denim jackets now though so it's worth having a look :smile:

Yeah, I saw a nice acid-wash one the other day :smile: River Island do them too
Original post by Cristocracy
176783_mrp_in_l.jpg

Picked this up not too long ago...Opinions?

Also, what would you suggest I wear this with :P

Over £100? Seriously?

It looks like it would be itchy and uncomfortable. I presume that it's 100% cotton or wool, but that's the only redeeming feature.
Which pair would go better with the type of look on this link: http://www.moss.co.uk/catalogue/964593517.html

Spoiler

Also, what do you think of the jacket?

Edit:

If possible, could you answer the above questions and suggest shoes to compliment the outfit, if you don't feel that either pair do it justice.

Thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1985
Picked up these today..fell in love as soon as I saw them. The colour is slightly less dark in person too.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
Which pair would go better with the type of look on this link: http://www.moss.co.uk/catalogue/964593517.html

Spoiler

Also, what do you think of the jacket?

Edit:

If possible, could you answer the above questions and suggest shoes to compliment the outfit, if you don't feel that either pair do it justice.

Thanks.

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of that look but if you were to wear that I think the best thing to go with it would be black chelsea boots. Or another semi-formal black shoe.

Certainly not high top trainers or tan hiking boots.
Original post by Narcissist
Personally, I'm not a massive fan of that look but if you were to wear that I think the best thing to go with it would be black chelsea boots. Or another semi-formal black shoe.

Certainly not high top trainers or tan hiking boots.

Thanks for the response.

I don't see how you think the Timberland shoes are hiking boots, but I get the point.

As for you not being a big fan, I'm not a big fan of some of the stuff on this thread. Isn't that why we like "fashion"? The subjectiveness.
Thanks for the response.

I don't see how you think the Timberland shoes are hiking boots, but I get the point.

As for you not being a big fan, I'm not a big fan of some of the stuff on this thread. Isn't that why we like "fashion"? The subjectiveness.

It's not the blazer I'm don't like, I just don't think they've styled it that well. Instead of navy jeans I think some slim black chinos or jeans would go better with it, without a tie.
Original post by Narcissist
It's not the blazer I'm don't like, I just don't think they've styled it that well. Instead of navy jeans I think some slim black chinos or jeans would go better with it, without a tie.

No, I didn't mean the exact copy of it. God, I wouldn't be caught wearing a tie. So the blazer is fine? Good to hear.
Reply 1990
No, I didn't mean the exact copy of it. God, I wouldn't be caught wearing a tie. So the blazer is fine? Good to hear.

Not that blazer no. It's too shiny, looks like its been robbed off an Asian Rude Boi.

Original post by Mess.
Not that blazer no. It's too shiny, looks like its been robbed off an Asian Rude Boi.

Too shiny? It doesn't even look shiny at all.
Reply 1992
Original post by Jackb95
Okay, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I bought a denim jacket from Topman a couple of months ago. I personally liked it as it was much more 'prominent' in comparison to the others. Anyway, my brother and my sister loathe it but I received lots of compliments for it on my trip to Brick Lane a month ago. What do you people think about it?

It's actually quite nice but as it has already been said by YMLT, i would prefer it plain. I am thinking about purchasing a denim jacket but some of my friends don't like denim jackets so i am in a similar situation i suppose.
Reply 1993

I agree, it's too shiny however, if you were to buy it, then surely the black buttons ought to give you a decent clue as to what colour footwear you should probably be edging towards...
Original post by Peachz
I agree, it's too shiny however, if you were to buy it, then surely the black buttons ought to give you a decent clue as to what colour footwear you should probably be edging towards...

Colour, yes. Style, no.
Reply 1995

It is shiny, the fact it's 15% silk means that it is going to be. It wouldn't be too bad as a full suit or with appropriate trousers but with jeans it just looks odd.

Original post by Mess.
It is shiny, the fact it's 15% silk means that it is going to be. It wouldn't be too bad as a full suit or with appropriate trousers but with jeans it just looks odd.

I will trust your judgement.

Thank you.
Reply 1997
Looking for a good quality plain formal slim fit white shirt to go along with a black one button suit.

Any recommendations? price range £30-60

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1998
Original post by senderos
Looking for a good quality plain formal slim fit white shirt to go along with a black one button suit.

Any recommendations? price range £30-60

Thanks in advance :smile:

Tm Lewin do good shirts.
Reply 1999
Anyone recommend some good Nike Air's or New Balance trainers to get?

Latest