The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process of new shoes softening up? I hate having blistered feet.

Presumably it is the backs right?

Rub them in between your thumb and forefinger.
Original post by Mess.
Double Breasted only really works when it is tailored. The majority of the time it just swamps people or it is bought too small and looks odd.

Edit: How much are you paying for it? Is it this one http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Slim-Fit-Tuxedo-Suit-with-Double-Breasted-Styling/pgeproduct.aspx?sgid=5509&cid=5678&Rf900=1588&Rf-200=4&Rf914=3504&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

Yes thats the one, with my trousers (actually stock my size, incredible) £108 for the blazer and trousers with the 20% off discount.

Dress code for the stag do is:
"Lads. it's black tie. So dust of the old tuxedo. i know some people dont have full on Dinner Jackets and bow ties, but see what you can pull together. You can pick up bow ties in most charity shops.
Think Bond (but don't turn up in a wet suit) or the Oscars red carpet (but don't turn up in a little black number showing a lot of leg)!
Bristol won't know whats hit it."

Would that suffice?
Reply 5982
Original post by JLXP
Yes thats the one, with my trousers (actually stock my size, incredible) £108 for the blazer and trousers with the 20% off discount.

Dress code for the stag do is:
"Lads. it's black tie. So dust of the old tuxedo. i know some people dont have full on Dinner Jackets and bow ties, but see what you can pull together. You can pick up bow ties in most charity shops.
Think Bond (but don't turn up in a wet suit) or the Oscars red carpet (but don't turn up in a little black number showing a lot of leg)!
Bristol won't know whats hit it."

Would that suffice?

Ah, didn't realise it was for a stag do. :yep: It will be fine.
Reply 5984
Not bad :holmes:
Reply 5985

I don't like the leather/canvas mix.
Reply 5986
Thinking of buying these jeans:

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2389133

Never bought any Jack & Jones clothing before, are they usually of good quality?

Thanks.
Reply 5987
Further to my purchases a few days back...

$(KGrHqJ,!qYFEyUIR!9yBROc8wH3qQ~~60_57.JPG

6.50£, Loake Black Brogue.

$T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPdqBQ+EeW4h!g~~60_57.JPG

Russell & Bromley, Black Suede Penny Loafers. 50£ (Unsure on these, they're very square toed.)

$T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG-8+BRMgTWfpP!~~60_57.JPG

Reiss, 33£

I bought that grey overcoat, a couple of pages back, it is really nice & warm but I've decided to get faux fur, in grey, put on the collar. I'll post pictures when I get it back from the tailors. Should look pretty cool and be more or less unique. Trying not to buy anything from now!
Reply 5988
Original post by Peachz
Further to my purchases a few days back...

$(KGrHqJ,!qYFEyUIR!9yBROc8wH3qQ~~60_57.JPG

6.50£, Loake Black Brogue.

$T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPdqBQ+EeW4h!g~~60_57.JPG

Russell & Bromley, Black Suede Penny Loafers. 50£ (Unsure on these, they're very square toed.)

$T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG-8+BRMgTWfpP!~~60_57.JPG

Reiss, 33£

I bought that grey overcoat, a couple of pages back, it is really nice & warm but I've decided to get faux fur, in grey, put on the collar. I'll post pictures when I get it back from the tailors. Should look pretty cool and be more or less unique. Trying not to buy anything from now!

:congrats: You seem really into the eBay thing now.

How much time do you spend looking for stuff?
Reply 5989
Interesting jacket, that.

Have become a big fan of Reiss recently, despite not owning anything from there :biggrin:

Picked up a white tee from Ebay, but I need to get on it more.
Reply 5990
Original post by Mess.
:congrats: You seem really into the eBay thing now.

How much time do you spend looking for stuff?

haha I know, it is not good for bank balance. It varies, as I'm still at university, I have a lot of spare time, I have lectures two days a week lol.. When I need to do an essay I seem to procrastinate on there a lot. I'd say no more than 2-5 hours a week.. Which does seem a lot but it is very easy to lose track of time haha.

Original post by RedTiger
Interesting jacket, that.

Have become a big fan of Reiss recently, despite not owning anything from there :biggrin:

Picked up a white tee from Ebay, but I need to get on it more.

Thanks, eBay is pretty good for most Reiss stuff. A lot of stuff goes for really cheap as the average person hasn't really heard of it. And yeah, the jacket is pretty cool.

On another note, just wrote a piece about Oxford Shirts. signorri.
(edited 11 years ago)

I'm trying to find something similar to these shoes from Zara.

Any ideas?
Reply 5992
Original post by tehforum

Any ideas?

In that colour? Are they purple?
Reply 5993
Original post by spun29
Go and read my and your comment...I clearly said i have never spent more than £50 on jeans and YOU said i quote "who cares if you've never spent more than £50" and at the end "primary type prices" which clearly implies that the figure I said £50 is primary type prices for you..and since that topic was about jeans...you clearly imply primark jeans costing £50 -__- If you're not gonna stand with your words then why are you even bothering to argue with me??...and about brand sheep...you dont know it but yes you are one of them...Nothing wrong being a brand sheep mate...so chill hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude are you being serious. You are literally just piecing together fragments of different sentences that don't go together and turning it into an argument (and failing). I think you should learn to read before getting into an argument with random people over the internet. In no way did I imply that Primark jeans cost £50. I said that £50 is not a primark-type price, so the opposite of what you are telling me I said.

And honestly, about the 'brand sheep' bit, you're making yourself sound pretty stupid. You have zero idea about how I dress and what brands I dress in. You're just guessing and trying to sound intelligent at the same time.

Any ideas?

In style or in colour or both?
Reply 5995
I liked the blog, Peachz.

Currently looking to add shirts to my wardrobe, as it happens. Looking at the Uniqlo ones right now.
I'm only 5 9, so shirts are sometimes too long for me ( I favour slim fit clothes without excessive length), and I tend to avoid them for that reason. But I am 20 now and it's daft to barely own any shirts, at this age.
Original post by Peachz
In that colour? Are they purple?

Original post by Hustler-1337
In style or in colour or both?

Style and colour.

They're dark brown and I think distressed "style"
Reply 5997
Original post by rats
Dude are you being serious. You are literally just piecing together fragments of different sentences that don't go together and turning it into an argument (and failing). I think you should learn to read before getting into an argument with random people over the internet. In no way did I imply that Primark jeans cost £50. I said that £50 is not a primark-type price, so the opposite of what you are telling me I said.

And honestly, about the 'brand sheep' bit, you're making yourself sound pretty stupid. You have zero idea about how I dress and what brands I dress in. You're just guessing and trying to sound intelligent at the same time.

This has been going on for literally pages, just drop it. Honestly, no one cares.

Original post by RedTiger
I liked the blog, Peachz.

Currently looking to add shirts to my wardrobe, as it happens. Looking at the Uniqlo ones right now.
I'm only 5 9, so shirts are sometimes too long for me ( I favour slim fit clothes without excessive length), and I tend to avoid them for that reason. But I am 20 now and it's daft to barely own any shirts, at this age.

Thanks! & yes Uniqlo is great for shirts, they are generally quite well fitted too. I take usually a small or a medium, but I find the small fits me excellently.

Style and colour.

They're dark brown and I think distressed "style"

Weird, they look purple on my screen. How come you don't want them from Zara?
Reply 5998
I really like these http://www.next.co.uk/g38424s3

Does anyone know of anything similar, with the weave on the toe?
Reply 5999
Original post by Peachz

Thanks! & yes Uniqlo is great for shirts, they are generally quite well fitted too. I take usually a small or a medium, but I find the small fits me excellently.

Just bought one in pink, on your advice.

Just as a test to see if they fit alright and are good quality really. Can't complain for under 20 quid, if they fit well. Hope they aren't too long.

Latest