The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sir Phillip Jones
Do people still buy their trainers from JD Sports? If not where's the best place these days?

What sort of trainers?

For casual try ASOS, or Offspring or Office if you prefer to try before you buy..

I'm not too sure with sports trainers, sport isn't my thing. Sorry.
Reply 9921
Original post by Sir Phillip Jones
Do people still buy their trainers from JD Sports? If not where's the best place these days?

size.co.uk is very good for trainers.
24ed1bf9-f1d3-4cdc-a70f-3fccc9c22ffb.jpgI seldom focus on men's fashion, but now tI'm married, I have to buy clothes for my husband, so I started to focus on men's wear, I bought this warm fur lining jacket for him, is it nice?
Which colour:

?
Reply 9925
Original post by Wilfred Little
Which colour:

?

Personally, I'd go green. Kinda tradition for the parka.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peachz
Personally, I'd go green. Kinda tradition for the parka.

Ta, you don't think it'd make me look like an old fart or anything then?
Reply 9927
Ta, you don't think it'd make me look like an old fart or anything then?

Nah. Dark jeans and brown boots, it would be cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
O hai :ahee:

Second two are in a spoiler as the images are huge:

Spoiler

I like the Sergio polo.

Link?

EDIT - Parka is green as well, could join the ****ing TA at this rate :rolleyes:.
I like the Sergio polo.

Link?

EDIT - Parka is green as well, could join the ****ing TA at this rate :rolleyes:.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sergio-Tacchini-Ernshaw-Short-Sleeve/dp/B00C5IMPR6/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1381397537&sr=8-13&keywords=tacchini+polo

Price is very decent. It's not piqué, but I'm not really bothered. I'm currently replacing most of my t-shirts with polos and this would come in at the more casual end of the collection.
Original post by rockrunride
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sergio-Tacchini-Ernshaw-Short-Sleeve/dp/B00C5IMPR6/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1381397537&sr=8-13&keywords=tacchini+polo

Price is very decent. It's not piqué, but I'm not really bothered. I'm currently replacing most of my t-shirts with polos and this would come in at the more casual end of the collection.

lol yeah, was thinking the same.

What's the quality like? Cheers.
lol yeah, was thinking the same.

What's the quality like? Cheers.

It's soft, mostly polyester so wouldn't pay the RRP for it. Just using it as a casual staple really.
Reply 9933
Original post by rockrunride
It's soft, mostly polyester so wouldn't pay the RRP for it. Just using it as a casual staple really.

If you can, look for FCUK polos, I find they're excellent fit. Kinda pricey but usually they're on sale somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where can i get some good looking cardigans?

Original post by Mozzletov
Hey, what do you lovely people think about this?

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=0196_9026_096&catId=cat6470444

I think this looks pretty good, but i dont like buying online. I prefer trying out my clothes first and seeing that way.

So what shops do you guys recommend? Like i said im not super keen on online, but if you guys think its good then sure whatever.
Reply 9935
Searching for that elusive peacoat. I fancy one in navy or light grey, but I don't want to spend much more than 100. I also don't want to get one from the highstreet shops like Topman or River Island.

Tough searching.
Original post by RedTiger
I also don't want to get one from the highstreet shops like Topman or River Island.

why not?
Reply 9937
Anyone got had any experience/thoughts on Nike Roshe Runs? I know they're not exactly fashion but I'm not convinced on buying them so wanted other's thoughts.. I like them, mega comfy but quite expensive for what they are.
Reply 9938
Original post by 0riental
why not?

Firstly, I often find that their wool content is lower. Secondly, (particularly considering where I live has little else), I ll see other people wearing it.
Original post by RedTiger
Searching for that elusive peacoat. I fancy one in navy or light grey, but I don't want to spend much more than 100. I also don't want to get one from the highstreet shops like Topman or River Island.

Tough searching.

Indeed.

If you don't live in London order one from Uniqlo online. They fit true to size and are about 90£.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest