The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Urban outfitters have a really good sale on at the moment, worth checking out!
Post if you see anything good x
Original post by Ryan2159
I remember you telling me how good the penfield parka is, so i looked online but couldn't find one in my size for a good price!

Go for a penfield mate, what one are you looking for? If you're looking for something similiar to the Kasson style look around for mountain parkas or more specifically '60/40 parka'.
Reply 1202
Original post by JLXP
Urban outfitters have a really good sale on at the moment, worth checking out!
Post if you see anything good x

Original post by Marshyy
Go for a penfield mate, what one are you looking for? If you're looking for something similiar to the Kasson style look around for mountain parkas or more specifically '60/40 parka'.

I think i will go for penfield, i like most of their parkas aswell as the gibson and rochester. Now it's trying to find one for a good price...
Reply 1203
Anyone know where I'd be able to find a similar (and cheaper) alterative to this? Don't like heavyweight leathers.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1204
Next sale today :wink:

Everything at least half price so worth a look...
Original post by JD.27
Anyone know where I'd be able to find a similar (and cheaper) alterative to this? Don't like heavyweight leathers.

What's your budget & chest size? I could put you in contact with someone.
Reply 1206
Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
What's your budget & chest size? I could put you in contact with someone.

42, don't want to spend much more than 200 but all depends on quality etc and working now so could go higher depending on what it was.
Original post by JD.27
42, don't want to spend much more than 200 but all depends on quality etc and working now so could go higher depending on what it was.

Well I was talking about an actual Rick Owens blistered lamb jacket, as I know someone who is selling one. He's a 36 chest though so never mind.
Anyone know of a place to get good, cool t-shirts? I'm a bit bored of what the highstreet/ASOS has to offer at the moment.

http://supersuperficial.com/v2/index.php - really like the ones there but £35 for a t-shirt is a bit steep for me. If anyone can recommend something similar though I'd be very grateful!
Original post by Clip
Eyyyyyy. It's the Fonz.

Ok if you're Bear Grylls.

I'm sorry, but that looks like the uniform of a driver for Aldi.

Thank God, I was beginning to worry I wouldn't be able to wear that jacket.

Damn it feels good to be Bear Grylls.

P.S. - I'm the manliest man around.
Original post by paddy

Probably my last sale buy of the season :moon:

I bet the quality is good.

But the stitching and design is not good.
Reply 1211
Hi there!

I need a completely new wardrobe/look for starting fresh in September and want to know what anyone's suggestions are :-) talking hairstyles, tops, shirts, trousers and shoes - top to toe!

If anyone on here is really good with current fashion, where to shop and which places give you the best value for money, message me back!
Original post by YMLT

£14

£7.50
I can't find the other shirt I got though.
Its blue with white and red stripes on it. The red stripes are really fine, in the middle of the white stripes. It was £16 I believe.
Reply 1213
Original post by YMLT

Next is decent for cheap suits but most other stuff is grim
Original post by Stuart_D
Hi there!

I need a completely new wardrobe/look for starting fresh in September and want to know what anyone's suggestions are :-) talking hairstyles, tops, shirts, trousers and shoes - top to toe!

If anyone on here is really good with current fashion, where to shop and which places give you the best value for money, message me back!

Mohawks, band t-shirts, short-sleeved shirts with epaulettes, bootcut pre-washed jeans & cowboy boots are all in this season.
Original post by morrissey
Anyone know of a place to get good, cool t-shirts? I'm a bit bored of what the highstreet/ASOS has to offer at the moment.

http://supersuperficial.com/v2/index.php - really like the ones there but £35 for a t-shirt is a bit steep for me. If anyone can recommend something similar though I'd be very grateful!

If you're just looking for t-shirts with cool designs on, check out www.threadless.com. Cool user-submitted designs and some of them are really interesting (you just have to work your way through the lame puns first).
Reply 1216
Original post by tehforum
I bet the quality is good.

But the stitching and design is not good.

I saw it in the shop a few months ago, stitching seemed decent.
Original post by Stuart_D
Hi there!

Hi Stuart, welcome to the thread!
What's your budget/style you're going for/occasion/ online or instore etc.

thanks
Reply 1218
Original post by Appeal to reason

£14

£7.50
I can't find the other shirt I got though.
Its blue with white and red stripes on it. The red stripes are really fine, in the middle of the white stripes. It was £16 I believe.

Nice. There was actually a lot of good stuff in there, all though most of it had gone by the time I had my lunch break. Spent the afternoon starting to put out new autumn/winter stuff which is actually really nice. I managed to bag this shirt 823473.jpg which is good with black skinnys as well as some shorts and a polo, so I'm happy.

Original post by 93M
Next is decent for cheap suits but most other stuff is grim

We had some really good deals on suits today. £120 suits down to £50! Having worked there a while now, and so having got a lot of stuff with my staff discount, I've really its actually a lot nicer (and arguably better quality) than Topman etc.
Reply 1219
Original post by morrissey

Are you anyway near Brighton?

If so, definitely check out Dirty Harry. Best shop in the world :smile:

Latest