The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

question for you guys:

how do i stop hairs from accumulating on some of my black tops, or black clothing in general?, and also, how can i easily remove them short of literally vacuuming them off!
Reply 1581
Original post by JLXP
Going into Manchester to watch the DKR at the imax :biggrin: Might get myself some more clothes whilst i'm in town.

Original post by Mess.
I'm off to the IMAX one tomorrow in Liverpool :colone: Still pretty much sold out in IMAX for the next week!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Off topic, but you are in for an absolute treat! I only wish I saw it in IMAX! Probably better than Avengers, I think.

Anyway, there are so many things I want to buy but I am having to resist from doing so, making me crazy.
Reply 1582
Original post by Peachz
Off topic, but you are in for an absolute treat! I only wish I saw it in IMAX! Probably better than Avengers, I think.

Anyway, there are so many things I want to buy but I am having to resist from doing so, making me crazy.

I had to see it in IMAX because of the complaints about Banes dialogue. I can see that being cleaned up for the DVD release. Can't believe they didn't delay the release to clean it up anyway if it's as bad as people have said.

There is a lot of good stuff out there at the moment! Nothing that really grabs me footwear wise but I do need something!!

Reply 1583
If I'm honest I didn't think it was absolutely amazing. It was a good film but not as good as I anticipated.
Reply 1584
Original post by Luxray
If I'm honest I didn't think it was absolutely amazing. It was a good film but not as good as I anticipated.

Do you have any footwear ideas btw?

Did you see the 36" suit I posted last week as well?

Original post by hash007
Same I have about 4-5 trainers but only one pair that I wear regularly!

I'm torn between those or these Jack Purcells I posted earlier, not sure which to keep!

I would go for the white jack purcell shoes. But they are out of stock on MrPorter/Asos..

I saw them for the first time in this video on mrporter's youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSZWLu1KKQ
Original post by DopeSk1llz
question for you guys:

how do i stop hairs from accumulating on some of my black tops, or black clothing in general?, and also, how can i easily remove them short of literally vacuuming them off!

Lint rollers.
Reply 1587
http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Oxford-Shirt-with-Overdye/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2233388&cid=6993&Rf-400=53&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Burgundy
Might order this before my NUS card expires next month. Nice colour and seems to fit alright. Not sure what I can wear over the top during the winter though, other than a hoodie. Sweats look naff with collared shirts.
Reply 1588
Original post by Mess.
Do you have any footwear ideas btw?

Did you see the 36" suit I posted last week as well?

Nope I didn't see the suit post, sorry I'm not much of an expert on suits anyway, you know more than I do! why not make a separate thread asking for opinions.

Regarding casual footwear, instinctively I say white converse. Yes lots of men and boys have them but they are pretty much a staple item now I think. And for the price I think they are nice. Sure they look a little sporty but I think its hard to find a nice versatile pair of casual shoes without leaning into sporty shoes.
http://www.mrporter.com/Shop/Shoes/Sneakers?designerFilter=Converse

http://www.mrporter.com/product/302913
For an extra £10 its available in leather on the site.
Reply 1589
Original post by YMLT
http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Oxford-Shirt-with-Overdye/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2233388&cid=6993&Rf-400=53&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Burgundy
Might order this before my NUS card expires next month. Nice colour and seems to fit alright. Not sure what I can wear over the top during the winter though, other than a hoodie. Sweats look naff with collared shirts.

A jumper?
Its a nice shirt, its the same blend as one I have from Asos as well (30% polyester) which I wasn't happy about. I'll live though.
Reply 1590
Original post by princecaspian
I would go for the white jack purcell shoes. But they are out of stock on MrPorter/Asos..

I saw them for the first time in this video on mrporter's youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSZWLu1KKQ

How strange, I just suggested the same white pair to Mess. here
I remember that video, they use the same soundtrack for a lot of videos, I guess its the sites way of making 'thinking about what you wear' seem manly. :tongue:
Reply 1591
Original post by DopeSk1llz
question for you guys:

Good question. Best thing I've found is a £1 sticky sort of roller thing from H&M which removes small fibers.
Reply 1592
Original post by Luxray
A jumper?
Its a nice shirt, its the same blend as one I have from Asos as well (30% polyester) which I wasn't happy about. I'll live though.

If its a V-neck I suppose it would be alright. I just thing crew necks with collared shirts look silly.

Anyone know of anywhere with Vans on sale? Amazon actually looks the best out of where I've looked so far (ASOS, Size?, Schuh) :tongue:
Original post by Luxray
Good question. Best thing I've found is a £1 sticky sort of roller thing from H&M which removes small fibers.

It's called a lint roller right.
Original post by Peachz

Original post by Mess.
I had to see it in IMAX because of the complaints about Banes dialogue. I can see that being cleaned up for the DVD release. Can't believe they didn't delay the release to clean it up anyway if it's as bad as people have said.

There is a lot of good stuff out there at the moment! Nothing that really grabs me footwear wise but I do need something!!

Greatest film i've ever seen in my life.
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Limited-Collection-Super-Button-Jacket/dp/B003GMSOD4?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=437554031&sr=1-1&qid=1343076895&pf_rd_r=1F0YE56X6W47K0G4624N&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=437554031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3
Might order this from Marks & Spencer, I've tried this on and it seems to fit perfect. I like the colour, and I'm going to use this suit for an purpose of a media role with the BBC in September. I am going to complete this suit with http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fredperry-sargent-chelsea-boots-1.jpg, Suede Chelsea Boots in Black.

Are they as dark as they look on the website? Hard to tell by your picture but they seem almost black on the website.
Original post by minimalpenguin
Are they as dark as they look on the website? Hard to tell by your picture but they seem almost black on the website.

I thought they were black on the website until i read that they were blue. The pictures terrible because i light is missing from my room which is annoying, but they're lighter
Reply 1598
Original post by JLXP
I thought they were black on the website until i read that they were blue. The pictures terrible because i light is missing from my room which is annoying, but they're lighter

Look like a good fit, tempted to get a pair. Are they stretchy?
Original post by YMLT
Look like a good fit, tempted to get a pair. Are they stretchy?

Yesss! They're easily the comfiest jeans i own. I'm wearing mine a little lower than i would normally wear jeans just because it gives me more room around the thighs, but for like £12 can't argue

Latest