The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Narcissist
Navy smart trousers or chinos (guessing you'll want slim/skinny fit as that seems your style)
Either white or light blue shirt, personally I think light blue shirts with white collars look pretty decent but I'm not sure what topman do.
Tie similar to this:
http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Navy-Aqua-Dash-Tie---43632/505276468901,en_GB,pd.html?start=6&cgid=Mens-Ties&prefn1=pattern&prefv1=Spot
I'd probably go for brown belt + shoes with it. Black would work as well. A decent dress watch as well if you have one.

It's better to be over dressed than under dressed for a wedding.

What would you think about the heritage -tweed style- blazer with an open neck shirt?
Original post by JLXP
Evening folks, hope you're all well.
I'm looking for some extra advice from you all
I need a smart casual outfit for my cousins wedding, it's not in a church but it's more of a Garden Party (After wedding party) i was wondering what you would recommend?
I've not got a budget but i'd like to get everything from Topman (excluding shoes) because of my staff discount.
Thanks x

If it was me, I would just do off-white chinos with an open neck light blue oxford shirt. Then a tan belt and tan loafers/oxfords.
Reply 1782
Original post by Jippet
Bought these babies for £111 :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Can you return them? You can get them cheaper from legit ebay sellers.

Also, personal opinion, but the original wayfarer is more iconic and looks better, the new one is too 'soft'.
Original post by LookIt'sPete
If it was me, I would just do off-white chinos with an open neck light blue oxford shirt. Then a tan belt and tan loafers/oxfords.

Blue oxford shirt is a great shout,
what do you reckon would go well with this?
http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=6151264&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=heritage&pageSize=20
Reply 1784
Anyone know where I can find this for a cheaper price ? Preferably online but I don't mind stores.
Reply 1785
What do people think to roll neck sweaters like these? Can't decide if I like them or think they look silly...
Reply 1786
I need some shorts before Saturday before my holidays, sub £25 preferably.

It would really need to be instore so I can guarantee i'll get them, I've looked at those Next ones I posted earlier and trawled Topman.

Any other places?
Original post by fletchdd02

It would really need to be instore so I can guarantee i'll get them, I've looked at those Next ones I posted earlier and trawled Topman.

Any other places?

The ones from Next are really good. I bought 3 pairs for my holiday. They fit me really well and were only £20 each iirc.
Reply 1789
Original post by Scott129
The ones from Next are really good. I bought 3 pairs for my holiday. They fit me really well and were only £20 each iirc.

Can I ask what colours you got and which you thought were the nicest?
Original post by JLXP
What would you think about the heritage -tweed style- blazer with an open neck shirt?

Would look alright but tweed's kindof autumny/wintery?
Reply 1791
Original post by Scipio
Can you return them? You can get them cheaper from legit ebay sellers.

Also, personal opinion, but the original wayfarer is more iconic and looks better, the new one is too 'soft'.

I'm a bit weary of eBay and sites like that, I'd rather pay a bit more for the guarantee. I actually bought the originals in black but I didn't like them, they didn't suit my face I think they were too bold so I prefer these with a softer look :smile:

Reply 1792
Original post by RobinK
What do people think to roll neck sweaters like these? Can't decide if I like them or think they look silly...

Personally I don't like them, it seems like something you'd wear when you're not going to leave the house in winter on Christmas day or something, but different things suit different people, go and try one on :smile:

Reply 1793

I'd say Navy suit trousers with a pink/light blue/white open buttoned shirt. Personally I'd wear a loose tie as well, but thats only because I don't like wearing a shirt without one :tongue:. Then brown belt & shoes. Just avoid chinos.

This shirt might look good with that blazer actually http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=4190076&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207235&parent_categoryId=261027&pageSize=20&refinements=Colour{1}~[white]&noOfRefinements=1 especially if you're not going to wear a tie
Original post by WizKidd
Where could you get the second ones from? I've been looking everywhere -.-'

you used to be able to get them from schuh but I guess they're last season's stock now, they're not on the website any more
Reply 1795
Could someone please reply to my post about the shoes above?

Pretty please :colondollar:
Original post by YMLT
Got this http://www.next.co.uk/x50398s3 and these http://www.next.co.uk/x502592s5 (in dark brown) today for work. £16, got to love uniform discount :colone:

I was thinking of going for the same shoes. Problem is that's much of my budget for the discount gone! (£75). Undecided what shirt&tie to go for. I guess skin colour comes into play here where i'm average white. Also what are the best type of trousers to go for do people think? Also, when do we get the discount. You got it already? How do you go abouts getting it?
Reply 1797
Original post by fletchdd02

Any other places?

Banana Republic are currently doing all shorts for £19.50 (normal price £39.50).

As for the shoes you posted, they're alright but I'm not hugely keen on any of them. I've also found that RI shoes look kind of cheap in person.
Reply 1798
Original post by paddy
Banana Republic are currently doing all shorts for £19.50 (normal price £39.50).

As for the shoes you posted, they're alright but I'm not hugely keen on any of them. I've also found that RI shoes look kind of cheap in person.

Yeah I know what you mean about the shoes, I just need some cheapish ones that'll last my holiday!

How quick is the delivery from BR?
Original post by YMLT
I'd say Navy suit trousers with a pink/light blue/white open buttoned shirt. Personally I'd wear a loose tie as well, but thats only because I don't like wearing a shirt without one :tongue:. Then brown belt & shoes. Just avoid chinos.

This shirt might look good with that blazer actually http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&productId=4190076&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=207235&parent_categoryId=261027&pageSize=20&refinements=Colour{1}~[white]&noOfRefinements=1 especially if you're not going to wear a tie

I could perhaps get a navy suit, pink open neck shirt and some tan brogues? I have a really nice Hugo Boss Pink shirt that i love :biggrin:
The topman ilk doesn't work for me, would you mind linking it to me again?x

Latest