The Student Room Group

Blemishing the torch

It sickens me, it really does. _60720576_jedward976549.jpg

Why, why are they allowed to do this. It should be for inspirational and distinctive people from the UK. Not for dumb-witted double of blundering fools.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love their music!!!!

I voted for them on eurovision. They are so inspiring :smile:

edit: why neg me for saying something perfectly kind.....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Why? If you take the Olympics THAT seriously, you're just as foolish as them
love them or hate them (and I am emphatically in the latter) they are a significant duo in UK culture and have as much right to carry the torch as anybody else does.
It would have been better if they let someone else participate instead, perhaps someone connected to sport. These two freaks already get way too much attention as it is.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
aww good for them they're lovely!!
Reply 6
The whole Olympic torch thing is a massive gimmick anyway, it's not like they make it any worse.
Reply 7
Seems like a massive quasi-propaganda exercise to me. I'm really sick of hearing about 'the people' and the Olympic spirit crap. Just so the VIP's can have special lanes and Coke can sell more coke.
Gee it would have sucked if the flame had gotten too close to their hair.
Reply 9
hmmmm if only it had rained, those white clothes would probaby turn see through <3
Reply 10
Original post by snozzle
Seems like a massive quasi-propaganda exercise to me. I'm really sick of hearing about 'the people' and the Olympic spirit crap. Just so the VIP's can have special lanes and Coke can sell more coke.

True, there is a certain amount of misplaced incentives and corruption in the Olympics, but you cannot deny that it will renovate a very run down part of London, show off some amazing talent and with it's sustainable stadiums that pave the way for new athletes in the future. Not to mention the patriotic pride that brings everyone together. Sure, there are some big cats sitting on a pile of money, but you cannot rule off the whole of the olympics as bad.

And then Jedward ruins it all.
Reply 11
Original post by dj1015
I love their music!!!!

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-400x250.jpg
Original post by Dobrzynski
It sickens me, it really does. _60720576_jedward976549.jpg

Why, why are they allowed to do this. It should be for inspirational and distinctive people from the UK. Not for dumb-witted double of blundering fools.

Do love the fact that people are worried about Jedward lowering the tone of a tradition started by the Nazis.
Reply 13
Original post by chrisawhitmore
Do love the fact that people are worried about Jedward lowering the tone of a tradition started by the Nazis.

I believe the tradition started about 2600 years before that? The Nazis simply "re-ignited" the tradition.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dobrzynski
I believe the tradition started about 2600 years before that? The Nazis simply "re-ignited" the tradition.

No, the torch relay is a Nazi idea. There was an olympic flame before the 1936 games, but the torch relay was brought in at those games under the advice of Joseph Goebbels.
Reply 15
Original post by dj1015
I love their music!!!!

inspiring for what, may i ask?
Reply 16
Original post by cl_steele
inspiring for what, may i ask?

All the young people out there that lack good role models......
Reply 17
Original post by dj1015
All the young people out there that lack good role models......

please say your kidding...
Reply 18
Original post by cl_steele
please say your kidding...

No,

I think in an age of reality TV. Jedward are people we can all look up to. We should all aspire to lead lifes that reflect theirs...
Reply 19
Original post by dj1015
No,

I think in an age of reality TV. Jedward are people we can all look up to. We should all aspire to lead lifes that reflect theirs...

nonde dieu ... so we should all act like 5 year old girls with a serious wardrobe/hair malfunction? there are many people to aspire to be, those two oxygen thieves should never ever be on that list.
oh and also theyre not reality tv stars either..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending