The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Money in Nottingham

Hi guys!

I'm Alexandra from France and i'm trying to get information about Nottingham, but i guess i'm having some trouble to find what i'm looking for so maybe you could help me. So here is the thing: do people in Nottingham (globally speaking) tend to pay by card/debit card or cash? And if someone use a card to pay something, is there any fee? I'm sorry to bother you with that kind of stuff, but i'm trying to find the best way to save money when converting my euros into pounds.
I really hope someone could help me :smile:

Have a nice day/afternoon/evening!

Alex
Reply 1
You can pay however you like. All shops accept cards as well as cash. Majority of high street stores don't charge you for using a card, however some small businesses may charge between 25p -£1 for purchases under a certain amount (usually under £5).
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much :smile:
As the guy above said, you should be fine using both. Same with any city really.

Some small places will charge a fee or not let you use a card if it's under a certain amount. My place of work requires you to spend at least £2 (used to be £5, with a 30 pence charge for anything less) before you can use card.
Reply 4
Anyway, when i'm buying something that cheap, i'm clearly not using my credit card :tongue: Thanks to both of you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending