The Student Room Group

Absolute best gaming pc!

Could you please recommend the Absolute best gaming pc for an absolute maximum of £250. This does NOT have to include any peripherals eg: mouse, keyboard and monitor.
I do not want people telling me to build one because I don't know how to. Could you please recommend the best pc for that price. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
£250 for a gaming PC? You must be joking. Buy an Xbox and have done with it.
Reply 2
Original post by HK786
Could you please recommend the Absolute best gaming pc for an absolute maximum of £250. This does NOT have to include any peripherals eg: mouse, keyboard and monitor.
I do not want people telling me to build one because I don't know how to. Could you please recommend the best pc for that price. Thanks.

Dez is right,if you cant build one you wont get much at all
Reply 3

For that price, this will work just as well, and you can get loads of them.
Reply 4
Original post by HK786

You're not going to easily get a gaming pc for £250 new, so try second hand, possibly ebay?

You'd probably struggle to build one new for £250.

Depends though, what games will you be playing?
Original post by iSMark
You're not going to easily get a gaming pc for £250 new, so try second hand, possibly ebay?

You'd probably struggle to build one new for £250.

Depends though, what games will you be playing?

I've seen like 5 year old alienwares on ebay for like £150, they look great, however they'll be feeling their age, unless you plan on running battlefield 2 e.t.c which should run alright :smile:
Reply 6
I mainly plan on playing minecraft on atleast normal render distance
Reply 7
As has been said... you need to spend more to get more. This doesn't mean massive amounts. Its just that 250 is barely gonna get you anything. For example, graphics card alone you will need to spend at least 150 pounds... and then there's CPU, MOBO etc...

This is presuming you want to play the most current games out ATM. You could buy a 250 pound piece of crap but it will only play crap.
Reply 8
The more expensive the computer the more money can be saved by building it yourself.
For a computer at the price range you could do better with a second hand deal
Original post by HK786
I mainly plan on playing minecraft on atleast normal render distance

Minecraft is deceptively resource intensive. £250 is just too low however you look at it, the only way you're going to get a gaming pc for that money is if it was labelled as such in the mid 90s.
Original post by Vox0
As has been said... you need to spend more to get more. This doesn't mean massive amounts. Its just that 250 is barely gonna get you anything. For example, graphics card alone you will need to spend at least 150 pounds... and then there's CPU, MOBO etc...

This is presuming you want to play the most current games out ATM. You could buy a 250 pound piece of crap but it will only play crap.

I think that's exaggerating a bit - 90 pounsd on a 6850 will play almost all games maxed and everything on at least medium/high.
I heard this runs Crysis on ultra

http://laptop.org/en/laptop/

My £400 laptop can barely run Minecraft on short distance. I'm getting a £700 gaming desktop just so I can run it and Skyrim and Serious Sam 3 on full.
I spent £375 on my pc a couple of weeks ago handles high graphics on Skyrim but not Ultra. Most games I've played so far I've managed to max out but more graphically impressive games I'm looking at mid settings.
Reply 13
Reply 15

Need to add £70 on top of that for Windows 7
Get a consololol.

seriously. you can get minecraft on xbox and its pretty much guaranteed to run. as another posted stated minecraft is actually pretty resource intensive. Minimum spend for a decent gaming PC would be £500 I say personally.
Reply 18
Original post by HK786
How well does your pc run games? What settings can you play games on?

Look up VTX 6670 or try their youtube channel [video="youtube;vI4GvZwE0gk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vI4GvZwE0gk[/video]

but I would look elsewhere as well to compare

btw the power supply on that is bound to give up in the future as it's unbranded without 80plus and the motherboard is the cheapest one they picked.
Reply 19
Original post by HK786

£250 for a gaming PC? What do you want to play, Minesweeper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending