The Student Room Group

"My mother hired a hitman to kill me..."

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Snagprophet
So why are they living here if they abhor our culture and lifestyle? Utterly stupid idiots.

This.
Reply 81
Original post by .eXe
Back your claim up with some evidence relating to this event.

Don't pull random evidence from other incidents...use the information here in this story to back your claim up.

Because if you tell me that it's "always" the case that it's cultural then you are committing the hasty generalization fallacy.

It wasn't random evidence anyway, but if you want your evidence that it wasn't religion, she herself says that Islam means peace, and the article is about her being abused. So if she was blaming religion she wouldn't have said that, she blamed how it was interpreted, not how it is. Just because her parents believed that what they did was right religiously doesn't mean it was.
Reply 82
Original post by Hummi_C
It wasn't random evidence anyway, but if you want your evidence that it wasn't religion, she herself says that Islam means peace, and the article is about her being abused. So if she was blaming religion she wouldn't have said that, she blamed how it was interpreted, not how it is. Just because her parents believed that what they did was right religiously doesn't mean it was.

But then how do you know what's right?

If Islam is just fully open to interpretation like that, then how do you know that the parent's interpretation was wrong? It would seem that they have as much chance of being right as anyone else if the book is open to interpretation like that?
Reply 83
Original post by .eXe
But then how do you know what's right?

If Islam is just fully open to interpretation like that, then how do you know that the parent's interpretation was wrong? It would seem that they have as much chance of being right as anyone else if the book is open to interpretation like that?

If you don't know what's right or not, you can't blame religion. If the parents had the support of the Islamic community, then you could argue that religion was to blame, but seeing as they didn't it's more than likely that their interpretation wasn't right.
Reply 84
Original post by Hummi_C
If you don't know what's right or not, you can't blame religion. If the parents had the support of the Islamic community, then you could argue that religion was to blame, but seeing as they didn't it's more than likely that their interpretation wasn't right.

How do you know her parents didn't have support of the Islamic community?

There is a reason why honour killings and **** like this pre-dominantly happens in Islam. You can't just ignore that...
Reply 85
Something like that would have been mentioned in the article. And besides, if that would have been the case then the local Imam would have been involved in the case, which he wasn't.

Honour killings don't happen in Islam, they happen in Islamic countries. There are no accounts of honour killings in the Qu'ran, they happen in those countries due to the culture.
Reply 86
Original post by Hummi_C
Something like that would have been mentioned in the article. And besides, if that would have been the case then the local Imam would have been involved in the case, which he wasn't.

Honour killings don't happen in Islam, they happen in Islamic countries. There are no accounts of honour killings in the Qu'ran, they happen in those countries due to the culture.

It doesn't have to be in the Quran to be related to Islam you know. The Quran isn't some master book of everything.

There are a lot of things that are not in the Quran but are automatically linked to Islam...for example: niqab/hijab (which many muslims argue has nothing to do with the Quran as they are mentioned in the hadiths)
Reply 87
Original post by .eXe
It doesn't have to be in the Quran to be related to Islam you know. The Quran isn't some master book of everything.

There are a lot of things that are not in the Quran but are automatically linked to Islam...for example: niqab/hijab (which many muslims argue has nothing to do with the Quran as they are mentioned in the hadiths)

I suppose, but no matter where you look does it mention honour killings as being just; they happen due to clashes of culture.
Reply 88
:eek: I have no words for that... :/

For a moment I wondered if this was a title of a Jeremy Kyle story.
Original post by Kim-x
:eek: I have no words for that... :/

For a moment I wondered if this was a title of a Jeremy Kyle story.

Lol!

:eek:

Unfortunately it's real.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
She looks like a man yo! I'd be well disappointed with offspring looking like that !
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
She looks like a man yo! I'd be well disappointed with offspring looking like that !

Oh that's mean

Original post by Dee Leigh
Oh that's mean

LOOL forreal
LOOL forreal

Don't you feel sorry for her?
Don't you feel sorry for her?

Naa why should I. There are more worthy people in the world that deserve my sympathy.

Obviously what her parents done was wrong, but it happened like 20 years ago..
Naa why should I. There are more worthy people in the world that deserve my sympathy.

Obviously what her parents done was wrong, but it happened like 20 years ago..

I do feel a bit sorry for her, but I feel glad that she managed she change her life around. It's hard. Things like that can have a detrimental effect on a person for the rest of their life, but she's now living the life she's dreamed about.

I do admit though, the fact that she doesn't date Asian (or Muslim) men is a bit much...but I guess that's more of a subconcious thing as a result of her upbringing.
Read this DM article (yeah yeah Fail Mail) ages ago, and then stumbled across it again recently:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1210799/My-mother-hired-hitman-kill-The-shocking-story-Muslim-woman-parents-disapproved-Western-lifestyle.html

Opinions?

Oh, and by the way...

Spoiler

Whats wrong with the Daily Mail??

Look forward too the response!
Original post by Stringer987
Whats wrong with the Daily Mail??

Look forward too the response!

I don't usually read it, but it's a tabloid newspaper, and a lot of people on TSR don't like the DM.
Original post by Axion
thats disgusting. Killing to correct dishonour? these people who think this are mentally ill.

Only they're not. And that's what makes it all the more disgusting.
The only way you can wish to kill your child is if you honestly believe that transcendental morality is more important. This is why religion is a cancer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending