The Student Room Group

Electonics Products GCSE AQA 21st June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JM2808
What did everybody think of the preliminary material? Any ideas of what product you're going to do?

Please could you tell me exactly what the preliminary material said.

I have a rough idea but I seem to have lost it.
Reply 21
what is the preliminary material? i never got it lol and im doing aqa
Reply 22
Original post by JoeLo
what is the preliminary material? i never got it lol and im doing aqa

I found a link to it.

http://www.audenshawschool.org.uk/Mainfolder/Web-page-links/AQA-45401-PM-Jun12.pdf
Original post by Freddy-Francis
You need to colour it in to get top marks xD

The mark scheme says differently :smile: I'll concede that it's probably best to label colours, but there's no point in spending ages colouring it in.
Im doing this tomorrow - should be easy. Got 158/160 ums in a mock
OMG.. YOU GUYS ARE SMART. Anywayz i am off to get my award thing for electronics. I am being nominated.. Fingers crossed.. xD
Last exam guys. Good luck to everyone doing it tomorrow. I hope you fail as badly as I do :biggrin:
Reply 27
right so what circuits have people prepared for the "Table top counter"?
Reply 28
for the process block of INPUT-PROCESS-OUTPUT, what kinds of stuff do you have to write? i know input would be like PTM switch and output could be LED's or something but I don't get the process part
Original post by mrdw
for the process block of INPUT-PROCESS-OUTPUT, what kinds of stuff do you have to write? i know input would be like PTM switch and output could be LED's or something but I don't get the process part

EG, astable, decade counter
Reply 30
Original post by NightStrider
EG, astable, decade counter

so what if it was just a PTM switch to complete the circuit?, what would you write then?
Original post by mrdw
so what if it was just a PTM switch to complete the circuit?, what would you write then?

What do u mean?
eg
PTM = input
Output = LED
Process - Monostable
Reply 32
What do u mean?
eg
PTM = input
Output = LED
Process - Monostable

ok thanks! sorry for being confusing but i get it now
Reply 33
but would saying something like 4026IC be a process?
Original post by mrdw
but would saying something like 4026IC be a process?

My answer wasnt up to par tbh. This is from the mark scheme.

comparator, level detection, latch, delay, oscillator
Detector or suitable specific process component, logic gate

That stuff is more or less guaranteed to get you marks. On one exam, I put astable and didnt get the mark, although its basically an osicaltor.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
My answer wasnt up to par tbh. This is from the mark scheme.

comparator, level detection, latch, delay, oscillator
Detector or suitable specific process component, logic gate

That stuff is more or less guaranteed to get you marks. On one exam, I put astable and didnt get the mark, although its basically an osicaltor.

oh ok thanks, a delay is a monostable anyway isn't it? and comparator is like a op-amp?
Original post by mrdw
oh ok thanks, a delay is a monostable anyway isn't it? and comparator is like a op-amp?

Yeah. But what I would write is

Comparator (Op-Amp) or
Delay (monostable)

Just because I didn't get the mark for writing astable. Also, try and be specific - e.g. 555 astable timer rather than astable
Reply 37
what about a PIC? that would work right?
Original post by Nickolae
what about a PIC? that would work right?

I don't know - I'm not a teacher, but to me it seems a bit general - what will the pic do for instance. That list i provided was from the JUne 2011 mark scheme, so I recommend sticking to that, but, again, I'm not a teacher. However, my electronics teacher has set up some forums, so you could check them out - just ask if you want a link
Reply 39
I don't know - I'm not a teacher, but to me it seems a bit general - what will the pic do for instance. That list i provided was from the JUne 2011 mark scheme, so I recommend sticking to that, but, again, I'm not a teacher. However, my electronics teacher has set up some forums, so you could check them out - just ask if you want a link

what do you mean a bit general? my teacher gave me this... i think it might be useful for everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending