The Student Room Group

Does anybody here hate crisps or has simply gone off them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fool In The Rain
I used to enjoy the odd crisp, but after discovering the love of my life...Cashew Nuts! They are like my substitute for crisps. The thing is though, I don't buy Cashews like crisps.

I've always hated the smell of crisps (excluding plain and salt and vinegar) especially the 'meaty' flavours (Roast Chicken...good grief).
Now that I'm older (because 16 is such an enlightening, mature age on deciding whether crisps are enjoyable or not) I do feel really put off with crisps (the same has happened to me with video games, I used to go on my Xbox all the time until about a year ago)

Just wanted to know if anybody else hates or dislikes (if that is the preferred term) crisps in general or certain flavours. Also, if anybody used to eat crisps like a typical folk would do, but now don't even consider eating them.
:cookie:

The exact same with me
Reply 21
I dont like potato crisps, instead I prefer those corn snack things.
Reply 22
Not a massive fan anymore, used to love them when I was younger. Found a healthier alternative which contains 40% soy, much nicer texture in my opinion!
Reply 23
Never! How dare you! :redface:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
In general, I don't like crisps. It's so good to know I'm not the only one! The number of times I've been called a freak because of my unconventional views...
I will eat salt & vinegar crisps, but I never go out with the intention to buy them. Kettle chips I kind of life, but again it's not a regular thing. If they're there, I'll have a few, but if I don't see them I won't have them.
Agreed with OP about the meaty flavoured crisps- the smell makes me feel a bit ill! Cheesy crisps are the worst though.

My replacement is popcorn. Ahh, it's incredible XD
Reply 25
Yes and its really annoying when people are so shocked when you tell them.
I do like maize snacks though and Pringles.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Reply 26
i've been off them since i was about 12 which is now over 8 years. I can't stand most flavours and being next to someone eating them. The only decent crisps out now are mccoys, i much prefer a chocolate bar as a snack...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
I dont think i've grown out of much... I still watch recess and spongebob for jokes.
Reply 28
I only like the balsamic ones - and they never live up to my vinegary expectations. I've mostly shifted to dipping toast in vinegar.
Cheese and onion crisp sandwich with plenty of butter - heaven.

I've really gone off chocolate and sweets over the last few years though, hopefully that makes up for my love of crisps in terms of my health
HONEY NUT CASHEWS :drool:

Quick Reply

Latest