The Student Room Group

Choosing a University & Course.

Hey just looking for some friendly advise I guess?
I'm struggling to make sense of everything. I do PE, Biology, English Language Literature.

I think i'm going to get a B in PE, C'S in English & Biology. (Completed A levels)
I am also going to take History or Film studies as an AS next year and let's say I get a C within this.

What UCAS points roughly will this be?
Say these are my finished grades which would be the best university's for Sport Science or Sport Journalism?
I can't comment on what University you should apply for, that's for you to do on UCAS.com Course Search.

This may be completely wrong, but I was under the impression one is only allowed to use a combination of 3 A Levels, or 2 a Levels and their AS for their UCAS application?

120 Ucas Points is for an A
100 Ucas Points is for a B
80 Ucas Points is for a C
BCCc would be worth 300 points. However, some unis will specify their offer in grades rather than points, so your extra AS would be superfluous and wouldn't compensate for a lower A2 grade (e.g. they may ask for BBB, which despite also being 300 points is not the same as what you're predicted to get).

Course Search on UCAS is down this weekend, but start by considering what your requirements are for a uni, rather than which is arbitrarily 'best'. Do you want to be in a city or a town? Close to or far from home? Campus or non-campus uni? Once you know what you want from a uni, it's easier to narrow it down when presented with the whole list of uni's who do Sport Science/ Journalism on UCAS. You can then further narrow that list by looking at their entry requirements to see which ones you might meet.

Original post by Miracle Day
This may be completely wrong, but I was under the impression one is only allowed to use a combination of 3 A Levels, or 2 a Levels and their AS for their UCAS application?

120 Ucas Points is for an A
100 Ucas Points is for a B
80 Ucas Points is for a C

It depends on what the university will accept. In most cases, they'll accept 3 A2s + an AS, since that's the usual combination of qualifications people get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending