The Student Room Group

Wimbledon 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
i really wanted nadal to win but rosol played unbelieveably, at least i can now watch wimbledon with ease now as the nerves will be gone
hev getting a bit of a thrashing from radwanska
Looking a bit embarrassing for Heather Watson after losing 0 - 6 in the first set D: Definitely needs to get at least 1 game in the next set to avoid the total embarrassment!
I don't fancy her to win anymore, I just fancy her full stop :love:
ffs why has BBC changed their online streaming setup... Their old style worked fine, and the new one isn't working for me... :frown:
I thought she kicked the ball for a moment.
So am I. Would love a threesome with that doubles pairing.
nah, watson is the better mover, but robson is stronger i'd say! tough call :colondollar:
And the overrated but still hot Ana Ivanovic
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Rosol wasn't lucky, he just played the game of his career.

He did play the game of his career, but he was still lucky- Ever since Halle Nadal's form on grass has suffered, if this had been Clay then Rosol wouldn't have stood a chance. He was also lucky when they closed the roof, because if they hadn't closed the roof I'm certain Raffa would have won, he just lost momentum
Reply 590
Original post by jhuntley93
nah, watson is the better mover, but robson is stronger i'd say! tough call :colondollar:

Chuck Sabine Lisicki into that mix and I'd bang'em all :perv:

Sadly, a man can only dream though.
might as well put radwanska and wozniacki in there too! screw ivanovic, she is overrated
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Straight up G
Lmao at the Federer hate. Success breeds envy. One guy even said he ruined Wimbledon when he was growing up hahaha. Personally I remember tuning in to see the most ruthless, artistic and graceful tennis player that the game has seen. I always used to love how Federer would slow the game down with a backhand slice, lure his opponent into playing a false shot, and then just destroy them with an effortless flick of his wrists, basically. Federer has got it in him to win this, Rafa or no Rafa, Nole or no Nole. Anyone who thinks Murray can stop him is delusional.

As has already been said, the reason Federer won anything was because of lack of decent competition- when somebody good came along and reached their peak Federer Loses.... He may win if their not in peak condition or haven't had a good season, but not because he's a better player. If he was playing tennis 15-20 years ago- he wouldn't have any where near the number of titles he has know. Luck has played a big part in his career- unfortunately modesty has not :wink:
Reply 593
Original post by Alkain1607
He did play the game of his career, but he was still lucky- Ever since Halle Nadal's form on grass has suffered, if this had been Clay then Rosol wouldn't have stood a chance. He was also lucky when they closed the roof, because if they hadn't closed the roof I'm certain Raffa would have won, he just lost momentum

I agree but to be honest no one would have stood a chance against Rosol yesterday. It was a breathless and ruthless performance from him and I credit him for that. It was like the incredible hulk on steriods.
The bad thing is that I don't see Rosol displaying this type of performance again in his life which is sad. I want to be proved wrong though.

Credits to Nadal for taking that defeat so well though, it must have been extremely painful.

... But it wasn't.
Reply 595
Original post by *Hakz*
Chuck Sabine Lisicki into that mix and I'd bang'em all :perv:

Sadly, a man can only dream though.

In my dream I have S.Lisicki's face on K.Clijsters body :sexface:
Original post by *Hakz*
I agree but to be honest no one would have stood a chance against Rosol yesterday. It was a breathless and ruthless performance from him and I credit him for that. It was like the incredible hulk on steriods.
The bad thing is that I don't see Rosol displaying this type of performance again in his life which is sad. I want to be proved wrong though.

Credits to Nadal for taking that defeat so well though, it must have been extremely painful.

Yeah he is a gracious loser- and haha not half wrong- I wouldn't mind Rosol winning again in Wimbledon just as long as he doesn't spend half the match spitting on floor -_- Wouldn't it be good if he does actually make it to the final and wins.... Though I doubt it, I definitely think he will be facing Djokovic....
Reply 597
As has already been said, the reason Federer won anything was because of lack of decent competition- when somebody good came along and reached their peak Federer Loses.... He may win if their not in peak condition or haven't had a good season, but not because he's a better player. If he was playing tennis 15-20 years ago- he wouldn't have any where near the number of titles he has know. Luck has played a big part in his career- unfortunately modesty has not :wink:

As a Rafa fan, I would say in terms of achievement, Roger is still the man to beat.

Again, we can say Federer had a weak era at the start, but in reality, it is only possible to face the players in front of you.

The GOAT claim is quite difficult to quantify though.
Original post by TheMagicRat
... But it wasn't.

No it wasn't, but if this were 2011 then Nadal would've won- the point is he didn't- as he said 'it's only a game'- the olympics are to come. Won Gold last time, think Djokovic will get that, Nadal for silver and Federer for Bronze.
Original post by *Hakz*
As a Rafa fan, I would say in terms of achievement, Roger is still the man to beat.

Again, we can say Federer had a weak era at the start, but in reality, it is only possible to face the players in front of you.

The GOAT claim is quite difficult to quantify though.

Indeed it is- it would be good if they could do something for charity- bring all the number 1's who retired 10-20 years ago and have them play each other- obviously give 'em a year to prepare- of course it wouldn't be a fair representation of the best of the best but still....

Quick Reply

Latest