The Student Room Group

Wimbledon 2012

Scroll to see replies

Federer is just oozing swagger and quality already.
Reply 1781
Play suspended. Hate this rain :facepalm2:
Reply 1782
Original post by DH1'
Play suspended. Hate this rain :facepalm2:

You wouldn't believe it was July...
Reply 1783
Federer should breeze through.
Youzny used to be good on grass, what's happened.
Cycled past Wimbledon yesterday so went to check the ticket prices. I noticed that ground access yesterday costed £20 but on Sunday it only costs £8. Why is this? Surely the tickets would be more expensive on the day of the final? Also has anyone ever gone purely to be in and around the grounds on the day of the final? What time did you get there, how long did it last, etc?

Thanks in advance to any help.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Cycled past Wimbledon yesterday so went to check the ticket prices. I noticed that ground access yesterday costed £20 but on Sunday it only costs £8. Why is this?

Because the majority of the play is on the show courts; which you wouldn't be able to access. I think it's a good day out though, watching it on the big screen with other fans shouting and screaming and generally having a good time.
Original post by Dagnabbit
Because the majority of the play is on the show courts; which you wouldn't be able to access. I think it's a good day out though, watching it on the big screen with other fans shouting and screaming and generally having a good time.

Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 1788
:rofl:

Great humour from Youzhny, even if he is getting thrashed.
Original post by silent ninja

Nothing. This is his best Wimbledon ever.
Reply 1790
Mayer started off so well but currently looks like he's just choking on Djokovic's d**k now
Reply 1791
Original post by silent ninja

This is the furthest he's ever gotten in Wimbledon.
Original post by *Hakz*
Mayer started off so well but currently looks like he's just choking on Djokovic's d**k now

It's hardly choking against the best player in the world. Mayer's done well to get this far already.
Reply 1793
"FML" in Russian, perhaps? :lol:
Reply 1794
Original post by Sir Phillip Jones
It's hardly choking against the best player in the world. Mayer's done well to get this far already.

I agree but Mayer could have gone on to take the 1st set after being 40-0 up on Djokovic's serve but after missing that he's just deteriorated.
Original post by *Hakz*
I agree but Mayer could have gone on to take the 1st set after being 40-0 up on Djokovic's serve but after missing that he's just deteriorated.

That's why Mayer is no29 and Djokovic is no1 tbh. Stuff like that is pretty common when a lower-ranked player plays one of the top guys.
Reply 1796
Federer is on fire.
Original post by f1mad
Federer is on fire.

Crickey, better douse him out then
Reply 1798
*grabs popcorn*
Reply 1799
Original post by Chief Wiggum
That's why Mayer is no29 and Djokovic is no1 tbh. Stuff like that is pretty common when a lower-ranked player plays one of the top guys.

Certainly right.

Quick Reply

Latest