The Student Room Group

IB Results 2012 Panic Thread/Countdown!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c.anez
Wow you also did really well :tongue: congrats to you too.

Thank you and I hope you do as well or better :smile:!
Reply 301
Original post by MAMDS1993
Thank you and I hope you do as well or better :smile:!
Thanks, that would be astounding! :smile:
Reply 302
Original post by georgekwok
HL Chemistry - 7
HL Physics - 7
HL Mathematics - 6
SL Economics - 7
SL Chinese B - 7
SL English A1 - 6

TOK - A
EE - B
Total Points Score - 43

Mixed feelings. Hahaha. Got into medical school in Hong Kong so I am ecstatic about that, bless God.

From my IB subject breakdowns:
3% off from Level 7 in Higher Mathematics.
6% off from Level 7 in Standard English A1.

However one thing I'm really pleased about is my TOK essay mark: 38/40. Anyone started a thread about 2012 TOK marks?

Whoever achieved 44 and 45, well done. To increase by even a point is the greatest achievement.

hmmmm george i see what you did there
hey f@g
mr. 42/45 + HKU LLB Student :wink:
Reply 304
i got 37 points. miss both insurance and firm.....what can i do before A Level result comes out???
Original post by 526540828
i got 37 points. miss both insurance and firm.....what can i do before A Level result comes out???

You can always try and talk to both uni's which you missed out on and try to beg them to let you in otherwise look up for vacancies in clearing :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 306
Original post by Insert_username
You can always try and talk to both uni's which you missed out on and try to beg them to let you in otherwise look up for vacancies in clearing :smile:

already rejected by UCL. Cambridge less likely accepts me....but I have to waite untill Mid Aug without doing anything?
[QUOTE="526540828;38704791"]

already rejected by UCL. Cambridge less likely accepts me....but I have to waite untill Mid Aug without doing anything?

Well try calling up potential unis 2 days before a level results day since uni's have a level results two days before students

Reply 308
[QUOTE="Insert_username;38704872"]
Original post by 526540828

Well try calling up potential unis 2 days before a level results day since uni's have a level results two days before students

should I prepare anything? what they might ask??? they could see my personal statement on UCAS right?
[QUOTE="526540828;38704996"]

should I prepare anything? what they might ask??? they could see my personal statement on UCAS right?

I'm not too sure about preparing but just go and call some uni's and see what happens really

I just noticed people posting some of their component scores and I gotta say for people disappointed with chemistry well I got my breakdowns so its a bit better knowing where I missed out on the 7! My labs were moderated down from a 44/48 to 33/48, and I got 30/40 in paper 1 (prob made some silly mistakes lol)!! My paper 2 and 3's were 71/90 and 41/50 which were both 7's, bringing my total to 76.3% whereas I needed a 79 for a 7. So its probably ur IA marks that messed it up because even I thought the chem exams (esp paper 2 and 3) were really good. Anyway congrats to all of you that met your offers :smile:
Reply 311
Original post by MAMDS1993
I just noticed people posting some of their component scores and I gotta say for people disappointed with chemistry well I got my breakdowns so its a bit better knowing where I missed out on the 7! My labs were moderated down from a 44/48 to 33/48, and I got 30/40 in paper 1 (prob made some silly mistakes lol)!! My paper 2 and 3's were 71/90 and 41/50 which were both 7's, bringing my total to 76.3% whereas I needed a 79 for a 7. So its probably ur IA marks that messed it up because even I thought the chem exams (esp paper 2 and 3) were really good. Anyway congrats to all of you that met your offers :smile:

What were your math paper breakdowns and english paper breakdowns? You were quite active in the post-exam discussion threads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending