The Student Room Group

Graduate entry 2014/applying 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by emhoikei
there is a word/pdf document on the interview section of the portal that gives you all the information you need about what to expect, what to wear etc. But that's it I think. No other correspondence apart from that :smile:

Ah ok - not sure have seen that so will go back and check! Thanks
Reply 2821
Hi. I’m a new joiner to this chat room. Have been following in the chat for the past 3 days - it's a lively (cheerful) chat room.

A quick intro of myself, I am a first time applicant to graduate medicine. I have a science degree and have been working in a non-medical related industry for 7 years…..finally, plucked up the courage and determination to pursue medicine =)
I have applied to Imperial, King’s, St George’s and St Barts.

I'm interviewing with King's on 6th (afternoon section). Just a friendly reminder, we need to provide photocopy of our academic qualifications (from and including A levels) either upload via the King’s portal or provide photo copies on the day.
Reply 2822
Original post by Pittawithcheese
Hello

Southampton gave out invites at the start of December and held the first round of selection centres on December 12th. Everyone who was invited had a UKCAT score of over 800.

Next round of invited after Xmas I suspect. Check out the Soton A101 thread, can't link to it as I'm on my phone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Reply 2823
Original post by yuc
Hi. I’m a new joiner to this chat room. Have been following in the chat for the past 3 days - it's a lively (cheerful) chat room.

A quick intro of myself, I am a first time applicant to graduate medicine. I have a science degree and have been working in a non-medical related industry for 7 years…..finally, plucked up the courage and determination to pursue medicine =)
I have applied to Imperial, King’s, St George’s and St Barts.

I'm interviewing with King's on 6th (afternoon section). Just a friendly reminder, we need to provide photocopy of our academic qualifications (from and including A levels) either upload via the King’s portal or provide photo copies on the day.

Hi there,
I can't see where to upload the certificates on the portal - am I being stupid?
p.s. Good luck on the 6th - I'm in the morning!

Edit - do we just upload via the 'send a message feature'?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TDL70
Hi there,
I can't see where to upload the certificates on the portal - am I being stupid?
p.s. Good luck on the 6th - I'm in the morning!

Edit - do we just upload via the 'send a message feature'?

Yeah I think you just send a message! It explained it in the PDF document

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2825
So it's nothing from Barts A101 I guess. Checked emails - nothing. Are they too going to wait until after Christmas?
Reply 2826
Offers have been handed out to Southampton BM4 for those who had an interview on the 12th Dec.

What UKCAT score do you guys reckon they will go down to (interview wise).. really nervous!
Original post by Wanndr
Offers have been handed out to Southampton BM4 for those who had an interview on the 12th Dec.

What UKCAT score do you guys reckon they will go down to (interview wise).. really nervous!

Only one so far that we know of. I doubt the small number of offers made now will affect the amount they interview.
I'd be surprised if it went below 750ish but its hard to know as we don't know what kind of scores applied.
Reply 2828
Original post by Amyk89
Only one so far that we know of. I doubt the small number of offers made now will affect the amount they interview.
I'd be surprised if it went below 750ish but its hard to know as we don't know what kind of scores applied.

KCL had an absurd cut off; 772 I think.

I hope it's no where near as high as that. Hopefully much lower.
Original post by oz40
KCL had an absurd cut off; 772 I think.

I hope it's no where near as high as that. Hopefully much lower.

It depends on how many people took advantage of the new top down ukcat way of allocating interviews.
I didn't ask anyone on my interview so I've no idea what the lowest score on my day was

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2830
Well thats all folks until january. I hope you have a lovely christmas and a happy new year :biggrin:
Original post by Amyk89
It depends on how many people took advantage of the new top down ukcat way of allocating interviews.
I didn't ask anyone on my interview so I've no idea what the lowest score on my day was

Posted from TSR Mobile

merry xmas and a happy new year

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2832
I have a quick questions is possible that I can sit the GAMSAT at the beginning of 2nd year (sept), making it valid for the 2016 application? Also, if you have 25% extra time how much would that be in each individual section? Thanks
Reply 2833
I know King's want photocopies of our qualifications, but does anyone know whether they want anything relating to the degree if it isn't finished yet?
Original post by Corvus
I have a quick questions is possible that I can sit the GAMSAT at the beginning of 2nd year (sept), making it valid for the 2016 application? Also, if you have 25% extra time how much would that be in each individual section? Thanks

No. Final year or after graduation.
Original post by Quilverine

EDIT: nevermind, saw the 2016 part. Yep you need to do it no more than 2 years before the cycle, so September 2014 is the earliest for 2016.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2836
Original post by Quilverine

Isn't the GAMSAT valid for two application cycles? So I can sit the exam on September 2014 and and it can be used for September 2015 (entry 2016)?
Thanks again.
Original post by Corvus
Isn't the GAMSAT valid for two application cycles? So I can sit the exam on September 2014 and and it can be used for September 2015 (entry 2016)?
Thanks again.

Lol @ asking a question you already knew the answer to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Relating to the 730 for KCL - I was originally going to apply there and ended up contacting them for details in the summer, and this is the number they said they were looking at, and would mean they'd shortlist me for interview. I'm guessing as per the letter posted above, the massive oversubscription has meant they've had to up the cut off to 780.

I wonder why the massive increase this year? I know why Barts has, but don't see the KCL boost.
Reply 2839
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Relating to the 730 for KCL - I was originally going to apply there and ended up contacting them for details in the summer, and this is the number they said they were looking at, and would mean they'd shortlist me for interview. I'm guessing as per the letter posted above, the massive oversubscription has meant they've had to up the cut off to 780.

I wonder why the massive increase this year? I know why Barts has, but don't see the KCL boost.

Shortly after I posted, my friend was rejected haha and she was told the cut off for those who got an interview was 772. It was just 730 to be considered for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending