The Student Room Group

VoNC In The Secretary general

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misterxninja
And when they do... just see how far it gets them. People will get pissed off with TSR and leave, so then there big fat losers. Play the game listen to the people (users) or the users will do one. Google and Facebook was not built on ignoring its users...

There choice provide private chat facility or accept once a fortnight we go for a summit on a Saturday night on Chatzy, it is hardly a crime and hardly stealing support. Whatever MOD has a problem with us doing it come here and I will dress them down on why there argument is null void and redundent, based on a failed logic that if we are on Chatzy we are leaving TSR as I just proved that is false null and void. Everyone on that Chatzy was logged on TSR and still browsing TSR forums at the same time, the chat had a lot of gap time in it as it was a formal meeting and we was waiting for each person to type.

MODS can accept it or... it carries on anyway. If they start banning people there dictators and make me sick. Contrary I would argue if it raises MUN activity it raises TSR activity as it creates more reasons to log onto TSR for more of the day. So really if Chatzy helps MUN activity it helps TSR activity. The alternative is MUN stagnation and low activity which means TSR lowered activity... They should support us in every way they can to help us raise our activity as our interests are intertwined.

No, no they're not. The interests of the MUN are the interests of the MUN. The interests of the admins and site owners are the interests of the sitre admins and the owners.

As I've said earlier, their concern is a viable business asset not the MUN. As for what they could do - well they could just remove the MUN alltogether as it is becoming more hassle than it's worth.

But are you agreeing to call a SG election immediately on retraction of the VoNC then just to clarify?

what's the point?
Original post by thunder_chunky
Ask the proposer of this and the other supporters if they wish to continue with this or if they'd prefer your option. That said it's not their decision alone.

I'd be happy with that
Reply 143
Ask the proposer of this and the other supporters if they wish to continue with this or if they'd prefer your option. That said it's not their decision alone.

I think an election would be good.

The question is how long does it go on for... Does he stay SG another month, another 6 months, another year. Something new is worth a shot as it is not working right now and a new chance needs to be offered to a new SG with new ideas.

I believe it's time for a change - I agree with you here misterxninja.
Original post by RoryS
I think an election would be good.

I believe it's time for a change - I agree with you here misterxninja.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I still wholly disagree considering the circumstances in the MUN.
We'll see what happens next.
Reply 145
I'm on the fence here - I think thunder_chunky has been a perfectly reasonable SG, but I do agree that there's a lack of innovation or creativity currently in the MUN, and that a jump-start would do some good.

My particular sticking point is the fact that hypes have been talked about for weeks, and yet nothing whatsoever has happened, despite suggestions pouring in. I stand by my original assessment that one should really happen every 2 or 3 weeks to keep things interesting, and that if this turns out to be a lot of work, particular hypes could be delegated to other active members.

The frustration is that due to the MUN structure activity seems to be dictated by the SG position, except in the cases of regional blocs (which is probably why they formed). Whilst this mirrors actual UN organisation it doesn't make for interesting discussion, especially if you're a small nation where nothing ever happens. I'd be interested in more participatory politics where the format is more democratised or where your actual nation matters little.

I'll be keeping tabs on this thread.
Reply 146
I'm sorry you feel that way but I still wholly disagree considering the circumstances in the MUN.
We'll see what happens next.

We'll see - I'm not doubting your efforts but I believe it would be good to have a change somewhere in the MUN.
Original post by RoryS
We'll see - I'm not doubting your efforts but I believe it would be good to have a change somewhere in the MUN.

I agree but I don't think a change of SG is needed for change. I have taken all these points on board and I will work on them. Whatever the end result I'll carry on and make adjustments where neccesary.
Reply 148
I agree but I don't think a change of SG is needed for change. I have taken all these points on board and I will work on them. Whatever the end result I'll carry on and make adjustments where neccesary.

Would a more dedicated and active Deputy be what you need to fulfill your promises?
Original post by RoryS
Would a more dedicated and active Deputy be what you need to fulfill your promises?

I won't answer that because I don't want to put Paddy into a difficult position.
Original post by toronto353
Or a dedicated shoutbox for the MUN.

On that note I have mentioned this but they admins are still dealing with the security breach so discussions on that will have to wait.
Seening as i been more involved in MUN matters since ages ago being the representative for Portugal and now the current reprensentive for bulgaria.I wholly support and Back Thunder_Chunky as the Secretary General of the UN.He has always in my opinion worked very hard in that role
(edited 11 years ago)
On that note I have mentioned this but they admins are still dealing with the security breach so discussions on that will have to wait.

I understand with that. :smile:
Original post by RoryS

I won't answer that because I don't want to put Paddy into a difficult position.

It's not a difficult position, don't worry. In private you have said - prior to the last message - that you did not mind my passive approach but if you consider now that a more active, collaborative relationship should exist with the day to day running of the MUN then that is fine and I understand (and as I've stated previously I will consider whether or not I can fulfill that after the VoNC). Feel free to answer any questions they ask you regarding my position. You know I can defend myself and if Rory decides to pick the fight I will rip his **** open :tongue:

On another note: I will probably resign anyway if the VoNC passes and some complete turnip becomes SG as there is no point working with somebody you dislike. Jus' sayin'.
Original post by toronto353
I understand with that. :smile:

When we know anything definite you will know it :smile:
Reply 155
Original post by paddy__power
It's not a difficult position, don't worry. In private you have said - prior to the last message - that you did not mind my passive approach but if you consider now that a more active, collaborative relationship should exist with the day to day running of the MUN then that is fine and I understand (and as I've stated previously I will consider whether or not I can fulfill that after the VoNC). Feel free to answer any questions they ask you regarding my position. You know I can defend myself and if Rory decides to pick the fight I will rip his **** open :tongue:

On another note: I will probably resign anyway if the VoNC passes and some complete turnip becomes SG as there is no point working with somebody you dislike. Jus' sayin'.

I don't mind your passive approach to the role, but I was just suggesting if T_C wanted that, and if he did want it, would it improve his chances of creating a more active and lively MUN?

You can now answer it as Paddy has answered. What do you think? Would a more active and supportive DSG be helpful in you being able to develop the MUN in terms of activity amongst other more fun things?

I'm no way questioning what Paddy has done, I'm just asking if a Deputy will help you to work on this in a better fashion.
Original post by RoryS
I don't mind your passive approach to the role, but I was just suggesting if T_C wanted that, and if he did want it, would it improve his chances of creating a more active and lively MUN?

You can now answer it as Paddy has answered. What do you think? Would a more active and supportive DSG be helpful in you being able to develop the MUN in terms of activity amongst other more fun things?

I'm no way questioning what Paddy has done, I'm just asking if a Deputy will help you to work on this in a better fashion.

I know - I was just clarifying where I stand :smile:
Original post by RoryS

An active DSG might certainly help as the DSG and the SG could bounce idea's off each other from the perspective of where they are as well as getting idea's off the GA.
So my answer would be yes.
Can you please tell me when the voting begins? I'm sure many of us would like to let you know exactly what we think of your vote of 'no confidence'. :rolleyes:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Can you please tell me when the voting begins? I'm sure many of us would like to let you know exactly what we think of your vote of 'no confidence'. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that this needs to go to vote. It's got discussion about the MUN and its future into the open and it's achieved some immediate reform. If any of the seconders wants to send it to vote, then they can, but I don't intend to do so at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending