The Student Room Group

The Anime Soc chat thread XXI: High school AU version

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by JWH
I can't do either of those. As the keys are not in line of the letters when ever I press D or S for back I always constantly catch A or D. the same goes for going right to. It comes from my old use of the D pad on the ps1 and handheld games. I can sort of do WASZ or ESDX as it's closer to the correct layout but I still struggle.

How about the arrow keys on the far right of the keyboard? It would work and you could use the likes of Ctrl, Shift and other nearby keys for other binds.

Well seeing as a controller was designed for gaming and the keyboard/mouse wasn't I am willing to try it :tongue:. Also just discovered it's very easy to connect a xbox controller to a computer. You literally just plug it in

Yeah, I've used an Xbox 360 controller myself, only to play ROMs. :tongue:
Reply 81
Original post by Aiko
How about the arrow keys on the far right of the keyboard? It would work and you could use the likes of Ctrl, Shift and other nearby keys for other binds.

Yeah, I've used an Xbox 360 controller myself, only to play ROMs. :tongue:

Well that would be fine but as I'm on my laptop to still be able to look straight at the screen I would have to become left handed which I don't think I can :laugh:. Plus the down arrow is in between the left and right which is wrong it should be below damn it :tongue:

As I'm not a pc gamer I have never used it on my computer. But it seems to work fine. Just plugged it in now and nothing seemed wrong at least. Didn't even take much effort seeing as right next to me is my tv with many consoles plugged into it.
Reply 82
Original post by Aiko
now that I've started using my gaming mouse (Deathadder), which has buttons on its side

:poke:what do you use these buttons for?
Reply 83
Original post by JWH
Well that would be fine but as I'm on my laptop to still be able to look straight at the screen I would have to become left handed which I don't think I can :laugh:. Plus the down arrow is in between the left and right which is wrong it should be below damn it :tongue:

Aha, I know the type of keyboard you mean in regard to the down arrow. Yeah, definitely not ideal. :tongue:

As I'm not a pc gamer I have never used it on my computer. But it seems to work fine. Just plugged it in now and nothing seemed wrong at least. Didn't even take much effort seeing as right next to me is my tv with many consoles plugged into it.

Yeah, I suppose that's the advantage of using a Microsoft controller with Windows. :tongue:

Original post by vin
:poke:what do you use these buttons for?

I use the bottom button to walk silently and the upper to zoom, even though I rarely do the latter, if ever. :smile:
Reply 84
So late to the new thread...what have I become? :emo:

edit: My twitter timeline is currently full of DBZ roleplayers...I started with one and then had to collect the set, it's mainly nonsense...but present trunks has 'issues' with future trunks....I'm finding it waaaaay more amusing than I really should :mmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Aiko
Aha, I know the type of keyboard you mean in regard to the down arrow. Yeah, definitely not ideal. :tongue:

Yeah, I suppose that's the advantage of using a Microsoft controller with Windows. :tongue:

Well I tried having a quick go on practise before leaving for my gig using the mouse and keyboard. I think if I tune the sensitivity right (which is going to take a while) I can tolerate the mouse. But the keys on the other hand ....well put it this way no matter what configuration they were in my fingers were constantly slipping off them resulting in me just walking into walls :indiff:. It also made my hand ache
Reply 86
Here I was thinking that Elfen Lied was violent....Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni blows it out of the water O_o - like total mindfck.
Reply 87
So much technical talk.. Im lost :sad:

via TSR Mobile App. Excuse any typos. =]
Reply 88
Original post by JWH
Well I tried having a quick go on practise before leaving for my gig using the mouse and keyboard. I think if I tune the sensitivity right (which is going to take a while) I can tolerate the mouse. But the keys on the other hand ....well put it this way no matter what configuration they were in my fingers were constantly slipping off them resulting in me just walking into walls :indiff:. It also made my hand ache

Do you not have a separate keyboard you could use? Presumably not. :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by Vulpes
So much technical talk.. Im lost :sad:

via TSR Mobile App. Excuse any typos. =]

Curiously, are you from Hong Kong (or have family there). Love the city. :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by Aiko
Curiously, are you from Hong Kong (or have family there). Love the city. :smile:

:yep:

I'm an international student currently studying in the UK but I'm from HK :h:
Reply 91
Original post by Vulpes
:yep:

I'm an international student currently studying in the UK but I'm from HK :h:

Awesome, I also chose to study internationally in the UK, except I'm from Japan. I've since emigrated again due to my husband's work and live in the US, specifically NY. Did you go to an international school in HK as well?

Incidentally, a few of my closest friends, of whom are both married and that I introduced, live in Fortress Hill. :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Aiko
Awesome, I also chose to study internationally in the UK, except I'm from Japan. I've since emigrated again due to my husband's work and live in the US, specifically NY. Did you go to an international school in HK as well?

Incidentally, a few of my closest friends, of whom are both married and that I introduced, live in Fortress Hill. :smile:

Ooh. I went to an international school for high school. Was at a local school during kindergarten and primary tho.

Whats your favourite anime/manga? I only started reading & watching them 2 years ago :colondollar:
Reply 93
Original post by Vulpes
Ooh. I went to an international school for high school. Was at a local school during kindergarten and primary tho.

Aha, the similarity is uncanny. I also went to a normal Japanese kindergarten and middle school in Kyoto, but moved to Tokyo to study at an international high school. :smile:

Whats your favourite anime/manga? I only started reading & watching them 2 years ago :colondollar:

I don't have a favourite. The closest I can offer is to view my list by highest rating for both:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Matisse/anime
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Matisse/manga

Likewise, what's your favourite? :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by Aiko
Do you not have a separate keyboard you could use? Presumably not. :frown:

Not really and unless I got one designed specially for gaming I think I will struggle. This shouldn't be surprising seeing as keyboards weren't designed for games thus making them one of the most difficult game interfaces I have had to use :indiff:
Reply 95
Original post by JWH
Not really and unless I got one designed specially for gaming I think I will struggle. This shouldn't be surprising seeing as keyboards weren't designed for games thus making them one of the most difficult game interfaces I have had to use :indiff:

Personally, I don't find using the mouse or the keyboard difficult at all, and this is coming from someone who prior to playing Quake 3/Live only played games on a console. More specifically, I could never go back to playing an FPS, not just Quake, on a gamepad. I think FPS, along with RTS, work especially well with a mouse and keyboard. However, playing a third person game, which seems to be all the rage nowadays, works better with a gamepad. Same with the older 2D platform games like the Mario and Sonic series of games.
Reply 96
Original post by Aiko
Aha, the similarity is uncanny. I also went to a normal Japanese kindergarten and middle school in Kyoto, but moved to Tokyo to study at an international high school. :smile:

I don't have a favourite. The closest I can offer is to view my list by highest rating for both:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Matisse/anime
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Matisse/manga

Likewise, what's your favourite? :smile:

Oh wow :biggrin:

I have watched nowhere close to as much anime / manga as you :eek:

Deathnote or Gundam have to be one of my favourite animes, and Reborn is currently my favourite manga, though a few others are pretty good as well. :smile:

Have you ever read Noblesse? (Korean manga)
Reply 97
Original post by Vulpes
Oh wow :biggrin:

I have watched nowhere close to as much anime / manga as you :eek:

Deathnote or Gundam have to be one of my favourite animes, and Reborn is currently my favourite manga, though a few others are pretty good as well. :smile:

Have you ever read Noblesse? (Korean manga)

Well, having grown up with the stuff all around me definitely helped. That and I'm something of an obsessive. :tongue:

Death Note is an excellent anime and manga series, certainly a favourite among many. And Gundam? Nice, which one have you watched and are you currently following Age or Unicorn? :smile:

I have read Noblesse, one of the few dozen or so manhwa I have. It's pretty good. :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Aiko
Well, having grown up with the stuff all around me definitely helped. That and I'm something of an obsessive. :tongue:

Death Note is an excellent anime and manga series, certainly a favourite among many. And Gundam? Nice, which one have you watched and are you currently following Age or Unicorn? :smile:

I have read Noblesse, one of the few dozen or so manhwa I have. It's pretty good. :smile:

Gundam SEED & SEED Destiny (started watching it because I loved the background music) :h:

I've watched random episodes from other series too.

Never heard of Age or Unicorn :no:

Haha did you read the chapter than came out 2 weeks ago? The one with them all turning gay etc? :afraid: :puke:

I read air gear for a bit, got a bit bored ~ chp 100. Might start it again tho. Any suggestions for a good Shounen manga?
Reply 99
Seed?:zomg:

:pierre:

Quick Reply

Latest